Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is a saying: It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen! Zephaniah 1:14, Ezekiel 33:33
People are becoming more and more apprehensive about the future, as we see a proliferation of natural disasters, with increasing political and economic problems, coupled with shortages of food and fuel.

But, the most obvious and dangerous flash point of concern is the Middle East. Most of the countries surrounding Israel are now in a unstable condition, with outright war in some. The very existence of the State of Israel in their midst is an anathema to them all. Psalm 83 lists the origins of those people who will conspire to ‘wipe out Israel as a nation’. When their attack commences, God will then answer the prayer of Psalms 83:13-18 Scatter them, my God, like thistledown, as a fire raging through the forest. Terrify them with Your storm winds, let them suffer disgrace and perish.

Many prophecies state how the Lord will act on this Day of His vengeance and wrath;

Micah 4:11-12 But now, many nations are massed against you, they say; Let Zion suffer, we will gloat over her downfall. They do not know God’s purpose; He has gathered them as sheaves for the threshing. Matthew 13:30

Psalm 37:13-15 The Lord will laugh at the wicked, their judgement is coming. They have prepared their weapons, but their weapons will pierce their own hearts.
Psalms 7:12-16, Joel 3:4

Isaiah 66:15-17 See: The Lord is coming in fire, bringing His retribution and anger. He will judge with fire and sword to test all mankind. All the wicked will die.

Deuteronomy 32:41-42 I will sharpen My flashing sword and take vengeance on those who hate Me.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be as stubble, destroyed in a fiery blaze.

Isaiah 30:26-33 The sun will shine with seven times its normal brightness. On that day He will protect and save His people. See; the Lord Himself comes from afar, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. With fire, He sieves the nations for destruction. Ref: REB, some verses abridged.

There are many other Bible passages that describe this Day. What we can establish from them is:

1/ It is this event that takes people unawares – that ‘comes as a thief’. Much later, for the glorious Return of Jesus, we are given the exact times from certain events.

2/ It will be a worldwide event, of 24 hours duration. Isaiah 29:5-6

3/ The Lord will actually cause fire to destroy His enemies, by the means of a CME. Isaiah 30:26a

Their own weapons will contribute to their destruction, the heat flash and the intense electromagnetic pulse will make rockets and bombs explode on the ground. Psalms 7:12-16, Joel 3:4

4/ His Righteous people will be kept safe, in a short timeIsaiah 29:17, they will gather and settle in the new country of Beulah – Isaiah 62:4, Isaiah35:1-10, Jeremiah 31:7-14, Ezekiel 39:25-29

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There is a saying: It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen!
Chances are that it's not going to happen the way we thought it was going to happen.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We know from the Bible (and without pulling verses out of context) that

1. The kingdom of believers will far exceed those who don’t believe (see Matthew 13 and the parable of the sower and seeds)

2. The Kingdom, while large, grows slowly (see Matthew 13 and the parable of the mustard seed)

3. The Kingdom permeates the whole world (see Matthew 13 and the parable of the yeast).

4. The Kingdom crushes the enemies of God (see Daniel 2 and the rock cut without hands)

5. Christ is reigning here right now (see Matthew 28:28; Psalm 2)

6. He has given us direction to subdue all the world through His word (see Matthew 28:19,29).

7. He will reign until His enemies are defeated, the last enemy being death itself (1 Corinthians 15:23-26).

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know from the Bible (and without pulling verses out of context) that

1. The kingdom of believers will far exceed those who don’t believe (see Matthew 13 and the parable of the sower and seeds)
Matthew 13 does not teach that. How are you coming to this conclusion? It talks about the kingdom growing larger, but says nothing about believers far exceeding unbelievers. Some time after Jesus told that parable He taught that many are called, but few are chosen (Matt 20:16, Matt 22:14). You, on the other hand, are teaching that many are called and most will be chosen, which is something that is not taught anywhere in scripture.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a saying: It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen! Zephaniah 1:14, Ezekiel 33:33
People are becoming more and more apprehensive about the future, as we see a proliferation of natural disasters, with increasing political and economic problems, coupled with shortages of food and fuel.

But, the most obvious and dangerous flash point of concern is the Middle East. Most of the countries surrounding Israel are now in a unstable condition, with outright war in some. The very existence of the State of Israel in their midst is an anathema to them all. Psalm 83 lists the origins of those people who will conspire to ‘wipe out Israel as a nation’. When their attack commences, God will then answer the prayer of Psalms 83:13-18 Scatter them, my God, like thistledown, as a fire raging through the forest. Terrify them with Your storm winds, let them suffer disgrace and perish.

Many prophecies state how the Lord will act on this Day of His vengeance and wrath;

Micah 4:11-12 But now, many nations are massed against you, they say; Let Zion suffer, we will gloat over her downfall. They do not know God’s purpose; He has gathered them as sheaves for the threshing. Matthew 13:30

Psalm 37:13-15 The Lord will laugh at the wicked, their judgement is coming. They have prepared their weapons, but their weapons will pierce their own hearts.
Psalms 7:12-16, Joel 3:4

Isaiah 66:15-17 See: The Lord is coming in fire, bringing His retribution and anger. He will judge with fire and sword to test all mankind. All the wicked will die.

Deuteronomy 32:41-42 I will sharpen My flashing sword and take vengeance on those who hate Me.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be as stubble, destroyed in a fiery blaze.

Isaiah 30:26-33 The sun will shine with seven times its normal brightness. On that day He will protect and save His people. See; the Lord Himself comes from afar, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. With fire, He sieves the nations for destruction. Ref: REB, some verses abridged.

There are many other Bible passages that describe this Day. What we can establish from them is:

1/ It is this event that takes people unawares – that ‘comes as a thief’. Much later, for the glorious Return of Jesus, we are given the exact times from certain events.

2/ It will be a worldwide event, of 24 hours duration. Isaiah 29:5-6

3/ The Lord will actually cause fire to destroy His enemies, by the means of a CME. Isaiah 30:26a

Their own weapons will contribute to their destruction, the heat flash and the intense electromagnetic pulse will make rockets and bombs explode on the ground. Psalms 7:12-16, Joel 3:4

4/ His Righteous people will be kept safe, in a short timeIsaiah 29:17, they will gather and settle in the new country of Beulah – Isaiah 62:4, Isaiah35:1-10, Jeremiah 31:7-14, Ezekiel 39:25-29

These verses refer to what the Lord does ..... not man .... God dont need rockets, bombs etc.

War sure .... we do this now "Their own weapons will contribute to their destruction"

Jesus will end the all of it Himself. War between nations will definitely be a part of it ... it will hasten His return ... otherwise we would indeed totally wipe out mankind.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 13 does not teach that. How are you coming to this conclusion? It talks about the kingdom growing larger, but says nothing about believers far exceeding unbelievers. Some time after Jesus told that parable He taught that many are called, but few are chosen (Matt 20:16, Matt 22:14). You, on the other hand, are teaching that many are called and most will be chosen, which is something that is not taught anywhere in scripture.
I’ll show you how. One, the field with the large amount of fruitfulness is larger than the bad area where seeds fall.

Two, the mustard seed is tiny. And grows to an exponentially larger size than it started.

Yeast works is way through all of the dough, not just a small part.

The mountain filled the whole earth.

And we are to subdue the whole world.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Chances are that it's not going to happen the way we thought it was going to happen.
Be sure: The Lord will correct His Creation and He has told us how He intends to do it.
Peoples fanciful thoughts and beliefs on future events, are just so much rubbish, the Lord will carry out His plans as He has clearly informed usb y His Prophets.
These verses refer to what the Lord does ..... not man .... God dont need rockets, bombs etc.
As the Prophesies tell us, what the Lord will send, will cause mans weaponry to explode and to destroy themselves. Psalms 7:12-16, Joel 3:4. +

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is, when does the mountain fill the whole earth, and what does it imply when it does?

The answer is once the following is fulfilled.

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them(Daniel 2:35)

IOW, what all this image represents, it will no longer exist at this point, thus filling the earth with only this great mountain and what that represents. The text does not say the stone became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth, before the image is smitten first.

This apparently causes problems for Premil though, since this great mountain would have to be including those whose number are as the sand of the sea, except God devours them after the thousand years.

I don't know that it might cause problems for Amil since it could simply mean that this great mountain fills the earth because evil has been eliminated, and that all that remains now are righteous saints. But there is also Postmil to consider, yet I'm not certain how to factor that in here since Postmil is not a view I'm all that familiar with.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The question is, when does the mountain fill the whole earth, and what does it imply when it does?

The answer is once the following is fulfilled.

Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them(Daniel 2:35)
Which happened.
IOW, what all this image represents, it will no longer exist at this point, thus filling the earth with only this great mountain and what that represents. The text does not say the stone became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth, before the image is smitten first.
It doesn’t need to. The stone was sufficient to destroy the image.
This apparently causes problems for Premil though, since this great mountain would have to be including those whose number are as the sand of the sea, except God devours them after the thousand years.

I don't know that it might cause problems for Amil since it could simply mean that this great mountain fills the earth because evil has been eliminated, and that all that remains now are righteous saints. But there is also Postmil to consider, yet I'm not certain how to factor that in here since Postmil is not a view I'm all that familiar with.
It fits with postmil because it fits with the other passages that I listed.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Be sure: The Lord will correct His Creation and He has told us how He intends to do it.
Peoples fanciful thoughts and beliefs on future events, are just so much rubbish, the Lord will carry out His plans as He has clearly informed usb y His Prophets.
I guess you are right. He is going to get it all straightened out even if we do not understand. That is why we trust in HIm and lean not on our own understanding. We just to out best to be the people He wants us to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ll show you how. One, the field with the large amount of fruitfulness is larger than the bad area where seeds fall.
How are you coming to that conclusion? Please provide evidence to back up your opinions rather than just stating your opinions as facts. I don't think I'm asking too much here.

Two, the mustard seed is tiny. And grows to an exponentially larger size than it started.
There are about 8 billion people in the world today. If, say, 100 million people are saved then that is a much larger size than what it was 2,000 years ago. Yet, it's still not a case of believers far exceeding the number of unbelievers. I'm not seeing any evidence to indicate that the number of believers will far exceed the number of unbelievers.

I made the point that Jesus said many are called, but few are chosen (Matt 20:16, Matt 22:14) and you didn't address that. So, what is your understanding of that? It seems that you believe many are called and most are chosen or at least that will be the case one day. I don't see anywhere in scripture which teaches that.
Yeast works is way through all of the dough, not just a small part.
There are some people saved in every nation in the world. It has nothing to do with a majority being saved, but with salvation spreading throughout the world, which it has.

The gospel has been preached throughout the world and you can find saved people throughout the world. That does not equate to a majority being saved.
And we are to subdue the whole world.
What is your understanding of that? Do you think everyone in the world will be saved one day?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How are you coming to that conclusion? Please provide evidence to back up your opinions rather than just stating your opinions as facts. I don't think I'm asking too much here.
Are you contesting that the sower’s field would be bigger than the other places that the seeds fell? If so, it wouldn’t make him good at his job.
There are about 8 billion people in the world today. If, say, 100 million people are saved then that is a much larger size than what it was 2,000 years ago. Yet, it's still not a case of believers far exceeding the number of unbelievers. I'm not seeing any evidence to indicate that the number of believers will far exceed the number of unbelievers.
Well, we are still in the early church. Give it another few thousand years.
I made the point that Jesus said many are called, but few are chosen (Matt 20:16, Matt 22:14) and you didn't address that. So, what is your understanding of that? It seems that you believe many are called and most are chosen or at least that will be the case one day. I don't see anywhere in scripture which teaches that.
The Jews were the called ones. And they largely rejected their Messiah. So only a few of them were chosen. But as you can see, heaven is full.
There are some people saved in every nation in the world. It has nothing to do with a majority being saved, but with salvation spreading throughout the world, which it has.
He didn’t say it make disciples in every nation. He said to make disciples of every nation.
The gospel has been preached throughout the world and you can find saved people throughout the world. That does not equate to a majority being saved.
Not yet.
What is your understanding of that? Do you think everyone in the world will be saved one day?
No. I don’t think that everyone in my church is saved, but I think it’s a Christian church.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you contesting that the sower’s field would be bigger than the other places that the seeds fell? If so, it wouldn’t make him good at his job.
Answering a question with a question? Can you please answer my question first? You said "the field with the large amount of fruitfulness is larger than the bad area where seeds fall." and I asked you how you are coming to that conclusion. So, what is your answer to that question? It seems like, based on what you said here, you're just making assumptions about how much seed is spread in the field compared to other places, but Jesus said nothing about that. Is there anything concrete you can offer which would answer that question?

Well, we are still in the early church. Give it another few thousand years.
It's interesting that your doctrine requires the book of Revelation to have been written before 70 AD (highly questionable) and for the world to go on for at least "another few thousand years" (also highly questionable).

The Jews were the called ones. And they largely rejected their Messiah. So only a few of them were chosen. But as you can see, heaven is full.
Is this your final answer or would you like to read the passage (Matthew 22:1-14) again? Yes, the Jews were the first ones to be called, but then Jesus talked about the invitation extending out to "the highways", which is a reference to the Gentiles, so it's not only talking about the Jews being called. I'm amazed that you would not recognize that. What is your understanding of the invitation going out to "the highways"?

He didn’t say it make disciples in every nation. He said to make disciples of every nation.
I don't find this to be a compelling argument. You can't make disciples of nations, you make disciples of individual people. There are a few cases where the Greek word "ethnos" is translated as "nations" in scripture when it shouldn't be. That is one of them. Another is in Matthew 25:31-46 which is clearly a judgment of individuals rather than nations. Another is in Revelation 20:7-9 where it's clearly talking about individuals numbering as "the sand of the sea" rather than nations.

Not yet.

No. I don’t think that everyone in my church is saved, but I think it’s a Christian church.
I'm not seeing any scripture which clearly teaches that one day a large majority of people in the world will be saved. It seems that you are making a lot of assumptions about the scriptures you base that understanding on. You'd think that if this was true, then you'd have at least one explicit scripture you could point to which clearly teaches this, but there are none.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Answering a question with a question? Can you please answer my question first? You said "the field with the large amount of fruitfulness is larger than the bad area where seeds fall." and I asked you how you are coming to that conclusion. So, what is your answer to that question? It seems like, based on what you said here, you're just making assumptions about how much seed is spread in the field compared to other places, but Jesus said nothing about that. Is there anything concrete you can offer which would answer that question?
Actually, I made a point with a rhetorical question. Fields are where the majority of the seeds were sown. That’s how fields work. The other three got the seeds that fell elsewhere.
It's interesting that your doctrine requires the book of Revelation to have been written before 70 AD (highly questionable) and for the world to go on for at least "another few thousand years" (also highly questionable).
Okay. It’s a fact, but okay.
Is this your final answer or would you like to read the passage (Matthew 22:1-14) again? Yes, the Jews were the first ones to be called, but then Jesus talked about the invitation extending out to "the highways", which is a reference to the Gentiles, so it's not only talking about the Jews being called. I'm amazed that you would not recognize that. What is your understanding of the invitation going out to "the highways"?
My answer stands.
I don't find this to be a compelling argument. You can't make disciples of nations, you make disciples of individual people. There are a few cases where the Greek word "ethnos" is translated as "nations" in scripture when it shouldn't be. That is one of them. Another is in Matthew 25:31-46 which is clearly a judgment of individuals rather than nations. Another is in Revelation 20:7-9 where it's clearly talking about individuals numbering as "the sand of the sea" rather than nations.
I believe we can actually do what Jesus commanded.
I'm not seeing any scripture which clearly teaches that one day a large majority of people in the world will be saved. It seems that you are making a lot of assumptions about the scriptures you base that understanding on. You'd think that if this was true, then you'd have at least one explicit scripture you could point to which clearly teaches this, but there are none.
I’m sorry that you are a “one verse” kinda guy. My opening post gave an argument from throughout scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

It was not the intention of God, to give His prophets a clear, instantly understandable message. To have done that would have revealed His plans to all and sundry.

We can’t yet fully ascertain God’s ultimate design for His creation, although it is clear that he does want those who believe in Him and trust to His salvation, to be aware of coming events. We are told to trust Him and hold fast to our faith, but to do that in the midst of sudden and shocking events, without some idea of the outcome of such events, and then it is so much more difficult for us.

Therefore, because God HAS given us the information we need to know about the future, then it is a serious error to ignore it, to fail to gain some understanding or to think that a rapture removal to heaven will take us away from it all.

It must be obvious, to anyone who reads the news, that the current world situation is nearing unsustainability, in terms of resources and population. But the flash point and the focus of God’s plan, is the Middle East.

God has not, in the past 72 years, allowed Israel to be conquered and He will not allow that to happen now. Although there will be a judgement upon the Jewish people as well, a remnant will eventually be forgiven and restored. Ezekiel 16:59-63, Romans 9:27

Many prophecies tell of God’s fire judgement; this has not happened as yet, His first judgement was by a flood. This coming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, is described as a terrible day of fire and earthquakes. It will be a Day when the heavens blaze; 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, burning like a furnace; Malachi 4:1, raining fiery coals; Psalms 11:4-6, fire like a whirlwind, many will be killed; Isaiah 66:15-17, suddenly, in an instant....flames of devouring fire; Isaiah 29:5-6.

But the verse that tells us exactly what God will use on that Day is Isaiah 30:26a The moon will shine as bright as the sun and the sun will shine with 7 times its normal power.

This accurately describes a solar flare, something that does happen on a regular basis, usually harmlessly. In the past there have been larger Coronal Mass Ejections, explosions of the suns surface, but scientists warn of the possibility/probability of a massive CME, that in our modern age of communications, transport and conveniences, would have a devastating effect.

Now, note the second half of Isaiah 30:26b... on that Day, the Lord will bind up the broken limbs of His people and heal their wounds.

This is a wonderful promise to His people, those who love the Lord and follow in His laws, every faithful Christian. Many, many prophecies tell how His people will be conveyed and gathered into all of the Holy Land, after this Day of judgement. This forthcoming day and the gathering are quite different from that described at the Return of Jesus - years later.

Isaiah 52:6-12 On that Day, My people will know My Name.....go out leave Babylon, keep yourselves pure, the Lord will guard and guide you.

Ezekiel 28:25-26 When I execute judgement on all of Israel’s scornful neighbours, then My people: all the true believers, gathered from the nations, will live in peace in the Land, I shall show My holiness in them for everyone to see. [Before Jesus Returns]

Ezekiel 20:41-42 I shall accept you....after I have brought you out from the peoples where you have been dispersed, into the Land promised to your forefathers.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It was not the intention of God, to give His prophets a clear, instantly understandable message. To have done that would have revealed His plans to all and sundry.

We can’t yet fully ascertain God’s ultimate design for His creation, although it is clear that he does want those who believe in Him and trust to His salvation, to be aware of coming events. We are told to trust Him and hold fast to our faith, but to do that in the midst of sudden and shocking events, without some idea of the outcome of such events, and then it is so much more difficult for us.

Therefore, because God HAS given us the information we need to know about the future, then it is a serious error to ignore it, to fail to gain some understanding or to think that a rapture removal to heaven will take us away from it all.

It must be obvious, to anyone who reads the news, that the current world situation is nearing unsustainability, in terms of resources and population. But the flash point and the focus of God’s plan, is the Middle East.

God has not, in the past 72 years, allowed Israel to be conquered and He will not allow that to happen now. Although there will be a judgement upon the Jewish people as well, a remnant will eventually be forgiven and restored. Ezekiel 16:59-63, Romans 9:27

Many prophecies tell of God’s fire judgement; this has not happened as yet, His first judgement was by a flood. This coming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, is described as a terrible day of fire and earthquakes. It will be a Day when the heavens blaze; 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, burning like a furnace; Malachi 4:1, raining fiery coals; Psalms 11:4-6, fire like a whirlwind, many will be killed; Isaiah 66:15-17, suddenly, in an instant....flames of devouring fire; Isaiah 29:5-6.

But the verse that tells us exactly what God will use on that Day is Isaiah 30:26a The moon will shine as bright as the sun and the sun will shine with 7 times its normal power.

This accurately describes a solar flare, something that does happen on a regular basis, usually harmlessly. In the past there have been larger Coronal Mass Ejections, explosions of the suns surface, but scientists warn of the possibility/probability of a massive CME, that in our modern age of communications, transport and conveniences, would have a devastating effect.

Now, note the second half of Isaiah 30:26b... on that Day, the Lord will bind up the broken limbs of His people and heal their wounds.

This is a wonderful promise to His people, those who love the Lord and follow in His laws, every faithful Christian. Many, many prophecies tell how His people will be conveyed and gathered into all of the Holy Land, after this Day of judgement. This forthcoming day and the gathering are quite different from that described at the Return of Jesus - years later.

Isaiah 52:6-12 On that Day, My people will know My Name.....go out leave Babylon, keep yourselves pure, the Lord will guard and guide you.

Ezekiel 28:25-26 When I execute judgement on all of Israel’s scornful neighbours, then My people: all the true believers, gathered from the nations, will live in peace in the Land, I shall show My holiness in them for everyone to see. [Before Jesus Returns]

Ezekiel 20:41-42 I shall accept you....after I have brought you out from the peoples where you have been dispersed, into the Land promised to your forefathers.
Newspaper eschatology is NOT the way to go. Things aren’t the worst they’ve ever been. And Christians have been predicting the end since the first century. It’s quite an exercise in arrogance to think that, while they all got it wrong, modern expositors somehow have what they lack and NOW it’s finally right.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Newspaper eschatology is NOT the way to go. Things aren’t the worst they’ve ever been. And Christians have been predicting the end since the first century. It’s quite an exercise in arrogance to think that, while they all got it wrong, modern expositors somehow have what they lack and NOW it’s finally right.
I do not make claims without proofs.
The exact 2000 year tranches between Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Jesus, [His acclamation as King] and the now 1993 years since Jesus to now; then the final thousand years of the Millennium. A total of 7000 years of God's decreed time for mankind.

Also. just about everything IS the worst it has ever been. Wars, famines, plagues and sheer over population, with diminishing resources, are clear indications that things cannot carry on like this for much longer.

Daniel 12:4 & 10, tell us why all the prognosticators before now couldn't possibly understand Bible Prophecy. Only now, can a few people finally see what God has planned for our future.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I do not make claims without proofs.
The exact 2000 year tranches between Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Jesus, [His acclamation as King] and the now 1993 years since Jesus to now; then the final thousand years of the Millennium. A total of 7000 years of God's decreed time for mankind.

Also. just about everything IS the worst it has ever been. Wars, famines, plagues and sheer over population, with diminishing resources, are clear indications that things cannot carry on like this for much longer.

Daniel 12:4 & 10, tell us why all the prognosticators before now couldn't possibly understand Bible Prophecy. Only now, can a few people finally see what God has planned for our future.
They weren’t making claims without proofs two thousand years ago, either. And they were all wrong. But somehow you are right because you’ve read yourself into a couple of verses.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
They weren’t making claims without proofs two thousand years ago,
But they were!
The great disappointment of 1844 is a prime example. And on 1000 AD, many thought the end had come.

somehow you are right because you’ve read yourself into a couple of verses.
This is an unfounded accusation, made because you can't disprove the truth of there having passed 5993 years since Adam.
Whether people like it or not, it will be THIS generation who will see it all and knowing what God has planned for His people, will be a big help as events unfold.

Upvote 0