Non-dispensationalist
✟358,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 9:25-26 the messiah's arrival and being cutoff - in the text. Before 7 years

Ezekiel 39:17-29 the messiah's return, following 7 years. In the latter days, latter years.

Ezekiel and Daniel were both of the same time period of history. Both in Babylonian captivity. Ezekiel was a priest takened into captivity, and lived on the river Chebar north of the city of Babylon - where Daniel was, in captivity.

In the book of Ezekiel, in Ezekiel 28, Daniel by name is referred to in the text.

The starting point, when in history (the end times), of the 70th week is not in Daniel 9, but in Ezekiel 39. The latter days and latter years is in the text of the previous chapter on Gog/Magog in Ezekiel 38.

God had given part of the prophecies through Daniel and part through Ezekiel. Both books have references to the end times. The 70 weeks determined on Daniel's people and the city of Jerusalem are split. Partly completed and partly still unfulfilled.

Daniel 9 gives the arrival of the messiah in Jerusalem, and being cutoff, after 62 weeks... with the 70 weeks determined upon Daniel's people and Jerusalem still unfulfilled, because the Jews and Jerusalem rejected him. Ezekiel 39 gives the end times fulfillment of the 70th week, and completion of the transgression, and sin's hold over them ended.

Read Ezekiel 39:17-20 and then right after read Revelation 19:17-19?

In Ezekiel 39, Gog/Magog, then 7 years, then Armageddon. Jesus Himself speaking in the text of Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to earth, to rule the heathen, with a rod of iron, and restore Israel, as the Jews say "blessed is he who comes in the Name of the Lord".

Last edited:

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The first principal of Bible prophesy is to actually know what a legitimate prophesy is. In order to have a verified example of prophecy fulfillment, here are the criteria that must be adhered to:
(1) The prophesy must be clearly issued as a prophesy and unequivocally describe the event which it predicts.
(2) The prophecy must be proven to have been recorded prior to the event being predicted.
(3) The prophecy fulfillment may not consist of any event capable of being staged for the purpose of fulfilling prophesy.
(4) The event being predicted must consist of something that cannot be explained by an intelligent guess.
(5) The events must have actually come to pass.
These criteria are just as equally applicable to prophesy in scriptures other than the Bible and indeed in what might be called prophesy in other contexts.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The first principal of Bible prophesy is to actually know what a legitimate prophesy is. In order to have a verified example of prophecy fulfillment, here are the criteria that must be adhered to:
(1) The prophesy must be clearly issued as a prophesy and unequivocally describe the event which it predicts.
(2) The prophecy must be proven to have been recorded prior to the event being predicted.
(3) The prophecy fulfillment may not consist of any event capable of being staged for the purpose of fulfilling prophesy.
(4) The event being predicted must consist of something that cannot be explained by an intelligent guess.
These criteria are just as equally applicable to prophesy in scriptures other than the Bible and indeed in what might be called prophesy in other contexts.

So,Did God meet the appropriate criteria, for these two Prophesies, or was he lacking is some small detail?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Actually most Bible prophecy is about events that are yet to happen.
The prophesies about ancient Israel and Judah, of their conquest and exile and the ones about the first Advent of Jesus, were literally fulfilled.
It is about events of the end times, that most Bible prophecy describes. They are for our information and for us to take heed of.
The people alive at the time, soon to come; will have the honor and privilege of experiencing the end of this age and see the glorious age to come.

Believe it; it will unfold as described, or our Bibles
are not worth the paper they are written on.
Read Ezekiel 39:17-20 and then right after read Revelation 19:17-19?
Gog/Magog, then 7 years, then Armageddon
Your usual confusion, Douggg
The G/M army, killed by natural means; Ezekiel 38:22, becoming food for the birds and beasts, is not the same as the armies at Armageddon, killed by the Sword of His Word, Revelation 19:21.
Jesus having returned to earth, to rule the heathen, with a rod of iron, and restore Israel, as the Jews say "blessed is he who comes in the Name of the Lord".
It will be every faithful Christian, Jew and Gentile, who will greet Jesus at His Return.
We Christians are the people of God. I Peter 2:9-10 makes that clear.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your usual confusion, Douggg
The G/M army, killed by natural means; Ezekiel 38:22, becoming food for the birds and beasts, is not the same as the armies at Armageddon, killed by the Sword of His Word, Revelation 19:21.
First of all, who said the Gog/Magog feast even in Ezekiel 39 is the same as the Armageddon feast? It is not. The Gog/Magog feast is in Ezekiel 39:4, then seven years, then the Armageddon feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20.

Read Ezekiel 39:17-20 and then right after read Revelation 19:17-19

Read Ezekiel 39:17-20 - not Ezekiel 38:22 - then Revelation 19:17-19.

In Ezekiel 39, Gog/Magog, then 7 years, then Armageddon.

Daniel 9:25-26 the messiah's arrival and being cutoff - in the text. Before 7 years

Ezekiel 39:17-29 the messiah's return, following 7 years. In the latter days, latter years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
First of all, who said the Gog/Magog feast even in Ezekiel 39 is the same as the Armageddon feast? It is not. The Gog/Magog feast is in Ezekiel 39:4, then seven years, then the Armageddon feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20.
I didn't misunderstand you. They both refer to Gog and his army.
Ezekiel 39 isn't Armageddon, all of that chapter describes things before then and the Return of Jesus. Proved by how it will be all of the Israelite peoples, every faithful Christian, who are living in all of the holy Land, we will be His Light to the nations. Ezekiel 39:27b Plainly; BEFORE the Return.

I see the G/M attack and destruction as being at least 1 or 2 years BEFORE the final 7 years of this age, because that incredible defeat will be the motivation for the leader of the rest of the world to come to the Christian nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, and negotiate a 7 year treaty of peace. Daniel 9:27 We know how that works out!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel 39 isn't Armageddon, all of that chapter describes things before then and the Return of Jesus. Proved by how it will be all of the Israelite peoples, every faithful Christian, who are living in all of the holy Land, we will be His Light to the nations. Ezekiel 39:27b Plainly; BEFORE the Return.
Be specific. Part of Ezekiel 39 is not Armageddon, but Ezekiel 39:17-20 is Armageddon.

And Ezekiel 39:21 is Jesus Himself speaking in the text, having returned to earth, setting his glory among the heathen, the nations.

And in Ezekiel 39:23, Jesus is going over the house of Israel - not Christians - going into captivity because they trespassed against Him. And during that time, He turned his face from them. That doesn't describe the Christian experience with Jesus, Keras. But Israel's.

And at the end of the chapter in Ezekiel 39:28, Jesus says having returned, that he has left any more of them in captivity, at all, but has brought them all back home to their own land. Which is the gathering of the elect in Matthew 24 :31.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Be specific. Part of Ezekiel 39 is not Armageddon, but Ezekiel 39:17-20 is Armageddon.

And Ezekiel 39:21 is Jesus Himself speaking in the text, having returned to earth, setting his glory among the heathen, the nations.

And in Ezekiel 39:23, Jesus is going over the house of Israel - not Christians - going into captivity because they trespassed against Him. And during that time, He turned his face from them. That doesn't describe the Christian experience with Jesus, Keras. But Israel's.

And at the end of the chapter in Ezekiel 39:28, Jesus says having returned, that he has left any more of them in captivity, at all, but has brought them all back home to their own land. Which is the gathering of the elect in Matthew 24 :31.
All of Ezekiel 38 and 39 is about the time at least 7 years before Jesus Returns and Armageddon.

Where you fall off the rails, is in thinking the Jewish State of Israel is still in the picture.
That entity is gone forever on the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath, which is the next event of the Revelation sequence. Revelation 6:12-17, Amos 2:4-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 22:1-14, Romans 9:27

In Ezekiel 39:21-29, it refers to the House of Israel, rejected and sent into exile, but not forgotten. Jesus came to save them, Matthew 15:24, and He was successful; we Christians are the result. Now the Lord will gather us from the nations and pour His Spirit upon us.
Great will be that time!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All of Ezekiel 38 and 39 is about the time at least 7 years before Jesus Returns and Armageddon.

Where you fall off the rails, is in thinking the Jewish State of Israel is still in the picture.
That entity is gone forever on the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath, which is the next event of the Revelation sequence. Revelation 6:12-17, Amos 2:4-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Isaiah 22:1-14, Romans 9:27
Keras, the Gog/Magog event is over in Ezekiel 39:16, with Gog's army all buried in the valley of Hamongog. It is 7 years later that the feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20 takes place.

From that ESV translation you are using, Ezekiel 39:17-20 and Revelation 19:17-19. It is the same feast. Armageddon.

Ezekiel 39:17 "As for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD: Speak to the birds of every sort and to all beasts of the field, 'Assemble and come, gather from all around to the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you, a great sacrificial feast on the mountains of Israel, and you shall eat flesh and drink blood.

18 You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth--of rams, of lambs, and of he-goats, of bulls, all of them fat beasts of Bashan.

19 And you shall eat fat till you are filled, and drink blood till you are drunk, at the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you.

20 And you shall be filled at my table with horses and charioteers, with mighty men and all kinds of warriors,' declares the Lord GOD.

Revelation 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, "Come, gather for the great supper of God,

18 to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great."

19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army.

In Ezekiel 39:21-29, it refers to the House of Israel, rejected and sent into exile, but not forgotten. Jesus came to save them, Matthew 15:24, and He was successful; we Christians are the result. Now the Lord will gather us from the nations and pour His Spirit upon us.

Keras, Ezekiel 39:21-29 is talking about the house of Israel, who had transgressed against the Lord, and were taken captive into the nations accordingly, and He turned His face from them during that time. It is not talking about the Church, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Keras, the Gog/Magog event is over in Ezekiel 39:16, with Gog's army all buried in the valley of Hamongog. It is 7 years later that the feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20 takes place.

From that ESV translation you are using, Ezekiel 39:17-20 and Revelation 19:17-19. It is the same feast. Armageddon.
I disagree.
Ezekiel does not prophecy about Armageddon. Different locations; G/M on the mountains of Israel, verse 17b, Armageddon in the valley of Megiddo, east of Haifa.

I use the Revised English Bible. It is the best for accurate translation for scriptural understanding and the Biblical concepts.
Keras, Ezekiel 39:21-29 is talking about the house of Israel, who had transgressed against the Lord, and were taken captive into the nations accordingly, and He turned His face from them during that time. It is not talking about the Church, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.
The House of Israel is not Jewish, they are the House of Judah.
Israel remains scattered among the nations, still serving their time of exile and it was to them that Jesus came to save. WE Christians are mainly; those people.
If anyone believes otherwise, they contradict Bible truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel does not prophecy about Armageddon. Different locations; G/M on the mountains of Israel, verse 17b, Armageddon in the valley of Megiddo, east of Haifa.

I use the Revised English Bible. It is the best for accurate translation for scriptural understanding and the Biblical concepts.
The valley of Megiddo is the plain that the great armies assemblies. Armageddon in discussions like these is speaking about the broad event to take place at Jesus's return. In Revelation 14:20, the blood runs the length of Israel. So the size of the armies will be immense.

The phrase mountains of Israel is also broad because in Ezekiel 39:5, it says Gog's army will fall upon the open field.

From the REV,
Ezekiel 39:21 I will set my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see my judgment that I have executed and my hand that I have laid on them.

Which is Jesus having returned to earth, following Armageddon in Ezekiel 39:17-20.

Thanks for correcting my mistake on the translation you are using. That verse is essentially the same as in the KJV and ESV.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 39:21 I will set my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see my judgment that I have executed and my hand that I have laid on them.
None of Ezekiel 38 to 39 and any of Ezekiels prophesies, say the Lord has physically Returned yet. In about 30 verses he says: Then you will know the Lord has done this....
We will know He has fulfilled His Promises to protect us by how He kills G/M and that huge army.
In Revelation 14:20, the blood runs the length of Israel.
There is no mention of blood in the destruction of G/M.
Revelation 14:18-20 refers to the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath; the Sixth Seal.

WE Christians will display the Lord's glory among the nations. Isaiah 66:18b-21, The 144,000 will proclaim the coming Kingdom to the world. The final fulfillment of Luke 10:1-10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0