Where did the Bible come from?

• Jesus left the Bible with the Apostles

• The Apostles wrote it in parts and collected in one Book

• The church (after 100AD) collected the writings in one Book

• I honestly dont know

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
At the request of some forum members I was asked to make a poll asking where the Bible came from.

This poll is all about collecting data, not debate.

Please vote to what you feel, not what someone else tells you. Also if there is not an answer up there you like vote "other"

Definition of Bible:
The 66 books/letters collected in one big book
Example of a Bible: the King James Version Bible

So the question is as follows:

Where did the Bible come from? In other words how did those 66 books find their way into one big Book so that at a moment in time a person was holding the complete 66 book Bible?

Please vote-

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
TrustAndObey said:
The obvious answer to this question is "God!" That's where the Bible came from and we wouldn't have ONE word of it without Him watching to make sure it got to us.
I agree. The Word comes to us from God no matter who compiled the books together. I am fully aware that there were books that weren't canonized with the 66 we have now - and I have looked at some of those books - but I feel the apostolic writings (naturally) would be most accurate with less compromise, error, tradition, and fantasy.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, it was a trick question. Of COURSE it came from God, but someone wrote His word down into those books, and those books were then collected into one.

I have a catholic friend who continually tells me that the catholic church is the one that has the TRUE bible, with ALL of the books in it. The rest of us have a "butchered up" copy. I keep asking her, "well, WHO butchered it?" She's never answered that question.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess we'd have to clarify "which" bible the poll is about. And which manuscripts were being used. Obviously, if your a Catholic--you'll vote one way--if a Protestant--quite another. Thats why I voted "OTHER"--because none of the other choices were accurate enough for me--Thank you.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I honestly don't know, but the 3rd option sounds reasonable. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.

However, I know for a fact the Papal Church was not the first to round it up. I'd think the dead sea scrolls would prove that, no? But besides that... the waldenses had an even older bible. So, that therefore cancels out that theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums