• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Bible passage exchange

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by sunshineseastar, Jan 3, 2002.

1. sunshineseastar

sunshineseastar New Member

+0
    this is my first posting..Hello everybody!!
    I would like to start a passage exchange for those who have the bible near. I have found the way, and would love to read any passages from believers.

"So the soldiers cut the ropes and let the boat fall off." Acts 27:32

Acts 28:11-14

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Welcome, Sunshineseastar!

I like the idea of sharing Scripture with each other. One of my favorite stories is in Daniel 3, about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. It shows God's blessings upon them as they remained steadfast and obedient to Him. And, God's power is seen as He saved them from the fiery furnace. What a mighty and merciful God we serve!!!

3. mikey

mikey Mikey the Smooth Criminal

+0
    Do you mean like in a game of connecting bible verses, or sharing favorite verses? There is a thread on favorite verses in the devotionals forum already. [​IMG]

4. marmaladePRO

marmaladePRO Active Member

+6
    Non-Denom
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    There is never a point (that i am aware of [​IMG] ) when there is *too much* scripture... here in Mexico when you want more you can say *mass pour favour* which translates loosely *more please* so... mass, mass!!! [​IMG]
    Daniel 11:32 is an awesome scripture i have scribbled inside my bible (it´s printed in there too, i didn´t add it [​IMG] )
    = those who know there God will be strong and do exploits.
    Welcome to the forum sunshine...

5. Marissa loves Jesus

Marissa loves Jesus New Member

+0
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I love how when you read the WORD, it just renews you and gives you hope and strength and... and... it's just great! So one of my all time favorite verses that i have applied to my life SO many times is:

"The joy of the Lord is your strength"
    -Nehemiah 8:10

I love to be crazy and have fun! But sometimes I get down and i just nothin seems to be going right, but then i remember this scripture, and i claim it, and God is faithful and HE picks me right back up! And i'm back to being my fun-loving self! GOD is great! Don't you just love HIM!

Your sister in Christ,
    Marissa!

6. rkbo

rkbo Member

+0

Prov 17:28
    28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
    (KJV)

I guess I suck when it come to that.

7. sunshineseastar

+0
    thanks to all those people who have written here..it has been so nice to read. The Lord our God works in mysterious ways.

Deuteronomy 33:12

John 3:8

Peace be with you~

8. FFX

FFX PS2 Chick with Passion

+3
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    hi-deli-ho sunshineseastar... did you know that your username is a real tongue twister... heh heh... anyway... just want to say... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT HERE!! How do you like it so far anyway...?

:D

9. sunshineseastar

+0
    the Christian Forum site is fantastic!! It's huge, and I'm real excieted to keep looking around within this site which I happened to stumble upon.

Peace :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. KenOGar24

KenOGar24 New Member

+0
    I love Nehemiah 8:1-10 when the Book of the Law was found and the Israelites repented in tears and weeping and Nehemiah, Ezra and the levites had to tell them not to weep because it was a sacred day. I just love the hearts of the people.

I also love the story in Matthew of the centurion whose servant was ill. He told Jesus about him who said, "Take me to him". But the centurion said he didn't deserve for Jesus to come under his roof, but that He should just speak the word and his servant would be healed. Then Jesus marveled at his faith.

However, I HATE your avatar, Mikey! It's spooky! :p (No offense!)

11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Aus Army

+3
    Christian
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    My fav verse's come from the books, 1 John and 1 Samuel. These verse's came to me in a time when i wasn't really in touch with GOD.
    The first is 1 Samuel 15:23.
    It talks about how Saul rebeled against the word of GOD, then GOD took them away from is position. This can aply to many situations in our everyday live's, I Know it did in mine. Just like Saul did, i rebeled the word. If you do this GOD will take you away from your calling and give it to someone else. Have a read yourselves.
    The second is 1 John 2:3-4
    This just talks about how people say 'I Know him' but they only use it as a phrase.
    Knowing 'him' means obeying his commands,
    Part of the verse says
    "The man that says 'I know him' but does not obey his commands, is a liar and the truth is not in him."
    this aplies to one of my best mates, he says he's a christian but then hey starts swearing, talk bout all this stuff that you dont want to hear.
    This verse's really made me think, i hope they do to you guy's as well.

12. mesue

mesue Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

+1,446
    Baptist
    Married
    Hey that's really cool
    I just got finished with 1 Samuel, I'm now on 2 Samuel.
    And we just finished a study on 1 John at church!

One of my favorite verses is:
    Isaiah 55:11
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.