Los Angeles Area
✟828,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A Bible flowing with oil - something many are calling a modern miracle - continues to gather huge crowds

In 2015, a small group of Dalton residents were surprised when oil began running down the walls of their prayer room. A year later, the clear oil began flowing from Jerry Pearce's personal Bible. Some 400 gallons of oil later, and thousands of miles traveled, the group is drawing diverse crowds from across the country. Oil plays a prominent role in several Bible stories to anoint believers and care for the sick.

Leaders in the group are clear: They are not worshipping the Bible. They are not a healing ministry, though tests on the oil have found healing properties in it, Pearce said. Other tests have been unable to prove what kind of oil it is, he said.

Checkmate, atheists.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fascinating. I've heard of this, too. Interesting. Icons and statues have been known to drip oil, myrrh, weep tears, weep blood, and exhude a smell like incense. I do think that God is doing His best to get everyone's attention. Catholics, the Orthodox, and Protestants.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could be. I have seen some of these types of things in person, and the one I saw was convincing. I can't be the only one wondering what version of Bible it is, just out of curiosity.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Could be. I have seen some of these types of things in person, and the one I saw was convincing. I can't be the only one wondering what version of Bible it is, just out of curiosity.
Appears to be an NKJV.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So, when I read this I wonder am I the kind of person who:

1. despite my skepticsm, would like to live in a world where the oily Bible might be a for real miracle.
or
2. would rather an oily Bible have to be a hoax?

I mean, if there's real miracles, thats amazing and it would totally blow up my picture of the world. Thats exciting!. Otoh, it would be pretty weird the idea that the world isnt regulated by stable rules, and anything could happen. Thats disturbing.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol How come this sort of thing never happens in more mainstream sects?
It happens in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches too, I would say they are almost the definition of "mainstream". And it happens in those churches in developed countries too, not just backwater locations.

There was a building near me in Florida that had a huge (two or three floor) image of Mary appear in the glass of the office building windows. I went and saw it....that was either a super crazy coincidence or real - but there was no denying what it looked like. The Catholic Church either bought or was going to buy it, but then someone threw a rock into the windows and destroyed it.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. despite my skepticsm, would like to live in a world where the oily Bible might be a for real miracle.

or
2. would rather an oily Bible have to be a hoax?

I mean, if there's real miracles, thats amazing and it would totally blow up my picture of the world. Thats exciting!. Otoh, it would be pretty weird the idea that the world isnt regulated by stable rules, and anything could happen. Thats disturbing.

My thoughts exactly.
( If ) this is to be true we will be hearing
(( a lot more )) regarding this story.
If not -- it will quickly fade away.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Some 400 gallons of oil later"

Well at least we have a miracle that is easy to test. Put it on a box on scale monitored by neutral obervers.
Then we can see the weight magically increasing and know it is a miracle. They could even record it in real time.

I am sure they can even arrange for the test in Dalton since it seems to be - funny that - only place where the oil flows, but we know how important place Dalton is for Christianity so it is understandable.

Want to bet when this test is taken to demonstrate that this is not a hoax and is indeed real miracle ?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
A Bible flowing with oil - something many are calling a modern miracle - continues to gather huge crowds

In 2015, a small group of Dalton residents were surprised when oil began running down the walls of their prayer room. A year later, the clear oil began flowing from Jerry Pearce's personal Bible. Some 400 gallons of oil later, and thousands of miles traveled, the group is drawing diverse crowds from across the country. Oil plays a prominent role in several Bible stories to anoint believers and care for the sick.

Leaders in the group are clear: They are not worshipping the Bible. They are not a healing ministry, though tests on the oil have found healing properties in it, Pearce said. Other tests have been unable to prove what kind of oil it is, he said.

Checkmate, atheists.

Checkmate, atheists.
Anyone want to bet on it being something like this?

Jesus wept … oh, it's bad plumbing. Indian rationalist targets 'miracles'

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyone want to bet on it being something like this?

You heathen sceptic. Trump is going to announce in just a few days that The Bible fracking is the way of the future for US energy needs. See who is laughing then.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Checkmate, atheists.

I saw several videos on this miracle....
it sure is impressive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There was a building near me in Florida that had a huge (two or three floor) image of Mary appear in the glass of the office building windows. I went and saw it....that was either a super crazy coincidence or real - but there was no denying what it looked like.
Was it in Clearwater, FL? This?
f2aa03c74da91797ded5439d9bcfa1fd.jpg

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw several videos on this miracle....
it sure is impressive.

And you do not wonder at all why this miracle only happens is Dalton , US with only the persons marketing it ?

You mentioned earlier that in 60s you were fixated on antichrist everywhere. Now you seem to think that any "miracle" or whatever in the internet is true and sign of God without any reasoning at all.

Think deeply on the similarities of these things on your life and if necessary get proper medical care.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....There was a building near me in Florida that had a huge (two or three floor) image of Mary appear in the glass of the office building windows. I went and saw it....that was either a super crazy coincidence or real - but there was no denying what it looked like....
Try me....

• Winner
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you do not wonder at all why this miracle only happens is Dalton , US with only the persons marketing it ?

You mentioned earlier that in 60s you were fixated on antichrist everywhere. Now you seem to think that any "miracle" or whatever in the internet is true and sign of God without any reasoning at all.

Think deeply on the similarities of these things on your life and if necessary get proper medical care.
FYI, the unemployment rate in Dalton recently jumped 4%. Its the “Carpet Capital” of the world.

I have peeps in the area. One of them went to a “service” and said it was a “typical Church Crock”.

Upvote 0