Results are only viewable after voting.

UK-Yank

Feb 2, 2003
Worcestershire
Visit site
✟176.00
Faith
Christian
Airkay you are too cute. Two notes to your rebuke. first of all I am not sure how that was off topic or wrong thread, number two, it wasn't my post, someone I share a computer with accidently answered without checking to see who's name it was logged into. lmao.
I stand vindicated. ( just teasing)

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Hector Medina
And I happen to believe the opposite............

God Bless,

Hector

Then you are in error or have a gross misunderstanding of what the scientific method is if you actually think it applies to creationism.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD><B>quote:</B></TD></TR>

<TR>

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 11px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #828fa2"><I>Originally posted by Praxiteles </I>
<B>When, on the one hand, we have a story in the Bible detailing God changing his mind or altering his methods, and on the other hand we have scripture saying that God is unchanging, which are we to believe?</B></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>&nbsp;

This is a common misunderstanding about the nature of God's Word.&nbsp; It is inspired by God, and written by men in words and idea's that can be understood by men/women.&nbsp; The apparent contradiction you see disappears when you look at the original language.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Gen 6:6 And it repented<SUP> the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.</SUP>

<SUP>The word transalted as "repent" literally means&nbsp;to sigh or breath heavily.&nbsp; Look up the Hebrew word used in Strong's Hebrew dictionary for yourself, the word # is 5162.&nbsp;The word simply was not translated very well.&nbsp; </SUP>

<SUP>Try to see what the&nbsp;LORD was trying to communicate to&nbsp;Noah (and us eventually); that the things&nbsp;that men/women were doing on the Earth were a grief to&nbsp;Him.&nbsp; &nbsp;</SUP>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mechanical Bliss wrote:

Then you are in error or have a gross misunderstanding of what the scientific method is if you actually think it applies to creationism.

Exacally,what is the scientific method?

In Christ,

Hector

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Exacally,what is the scientific method?

It's not my job to provide your education for you. If you went to high school, you probably learned about it (though many students don't actually pay attention) as it is typically in the introductory chapter of seemingly every high school science textbook.

Upvote 0

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK,

Then I'll tell what I know:

The 5 types of evolution are:

Cosmic,Stellar-Planetary,Organic,Macro and Micro evolution.

Also called abiogenesis,biological dynamics(I cant rmemeber the names of),etc.....

The first 4 are not observed and have never ever happened in front of us today and are based off of complete theory.

You can't conduct expirments to proves them either.

Therefore, we creationists coin them "unscientific".

Micro-evolution is scientific because it does occur and is really variation.

I'm pretty sure you know the definition of all these......

In Christ,

Hector

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
OK,

Then I'll tell what I know:

The 5 types of evolution are:

Cosmic,Stellar-Planetary,Organic,Macro and Micro evolution.

Also called abiogenesis,biological dynamics(I cant rmemeber the names of),etc.....

The theory of evolution refers to the biological origin of species. The theories pertaining to universal origins and such are termed differently in the realm of science to accomodate varying scientific theories rather than grouping them into one.

The first 4 are not observed and have never ever happened in front of us today and are based off of complete theory.

Theory based upon evidence. By "organic evolution" I assume you mean abiogenesis. That is not part of the theory of evolution, nor is it a scientific theory as of yet. It is a hypothesis. As for the origin of stars, we have evidence and can observe the different burning stages of and origins of stars other than our own. Our theory of planetary evolution is based upon evidence that directly manifests itself in the types of rocks, surficial geologic features, and interior geophysical studies of the Earth. The Big Bang theory is based upon evidence in physics and observations in quantum mechanics and the nature of the universe at present.

There is no such distinction between micro- and macro- evolution in science. Evolution is the chance in allele frequencies in a population over time. Whether this occurs over a long period of time or a short period of time determines this distinction that is well documented by experiments by modern geneticists and the fossil record.

You can't conduct expirments to proves them either.

Your ignorance of science is revealed. There is no such thing as a proven scientific&nbsp;theory. Science does not seek proof but rather an explanation logically deducted based upon all available evidence.&nbsp;There is not proof; only evidence.

Therefore, we creationists coin them "unscientific".

...because you misconstrue the basics of science.

You get your information solely from creationist websites--that much is evident. However you clearly don't understand the basics of science or wish to.

Upvote 0