Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A modern Bible has been put together by a lot more resources and people than the old KJV bible.

RSVCE for example used a massive team of people and included various authentic documents, scholars and resources.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
RSCVE for example used a massive team of people and included various authentic documents, scholars and resources.

I don't know about the RSV-CE (I am not a fan of it myself), but for most modern translations we know exactly who was on the translation team. That disproves all the "hidden anti-Christian agenda" nonsense one sometimes hears.

For example:

ESV: English Standard Version Translators

NIV: NIV Translators and Editors

CSB: https://csbible.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TranslationTeam_HCSB-CSB-1.pdf

NABRE: New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com

Knox Bible: Monsignor Ronald Knox

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Modern Bibles use corrupted NT translations and often use only the LXX.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, SIR :

How do you KNOW those mss. are corrupted ? Were you there when they were made ? Do you know who made them when & where ? Do you know what source (s) their makers used ?

I believe GOD preserved the ancient mss. He chose for us to have, whether some men believe they're corrupted or not. After all, there are more Scriptural manuscripts preserved (over5 K mss. & fragments) than any other single work or set of related works. (Second is the Iliad, with about 1500 ancient copies, many of them wildly different.)

Please don't listen to the tall tales of the KJVO authors, whose main interest is selling boox.

Upvote 0

BlessedCreator

Salvation=Obedience
Apr 14, 2020
Oregon
Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I dont agree with every doctrine the author of the website of the following links teaches but he does a good job exposing the heresies and corruptions in modern Bibles. If you care to learn more check these links out:

All Modern Bible Versions Are Corrupt!

Lineage of the Modern Corrupt Versions

Help! I'm Confused, I Have 21 Different Bibles!

The Heretics Behind the Modern Bible Versions

HMPH ! Just look at the lineages behind those links ! Quacks such as Dr. Matto. Highly-biased sites full of false info, such as "Jesus Is Saviour".

Those peoples' fake info is based upon the garbage found in works such as those of Gail Riplinger, & the late Dr. Peter S. Ruckman (who wrote that the antichrist will be a 10-foot-tall alien with huge black lips) & other crackpots. You shouldn't believe a thing they write. Their main interest is selling boox & merchandise, not in telling the TRUTH !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I dont agree with every doctrine the author of the website of the following links teaches but he does a good job exposing the heresies and corruptions in modern Bibles. If you care to learn more check these links out:

All Modern Bible Versions Are Corrupt!

Lineage of the Modern Corrupt Versions

Help! I'm Confused, I Have 21 Different Bibles!

The Heretics Behind the Modern Bible Versions
You cannot be serious, posting such manipulative websites as an evidence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because it is the only English Bible I have found to be reliable in terms of not butchering the word of God. Also I think it's beautiful the "style" as you say. And I don't read from the original 1611 but later editions that have standardized spelling of words. The words have not changed just the spelling. For example sinne--->sin.

First, what some of our friends fail to realize is that the King James Bible was the only Bible around for hundreds of years. So if we lived during that period of time, we would not be having this conversation (Which shows the ridiculousness of men throwing down blind ape like hatred for the KJV). Men died trying to get the KJV Bible we have today. What if they were living during that time when men were hungry for the Word and they died to protect the KJV? I know I told you before about the KJB documentary. If you have not watched it yet, I would highly encourage you to do so as soon as possible, brother. Then there is the documentary called “Forbidden Book.” These two documentaries both show how believers gave their lives as a part of the precious Bible we have today (the KJV). There was even a plot by another sect of Christians to kill King James with a super bomb that would have destroyed a giant portion of the city. This was all a part of the plot to stop the King James Bible from coming forth.

Rent on Amazon: "KJB - The Book That Changed The World."
(Note: I own the DVD for this, and I am glad I bought it because there is no digital version on Amazon that you can own.).

Watch free with Prime Video on Amazon: "Forbidden Book."

Second, when men deny God preserved His Word in the world’s language today (Which is English) their method then becomes like at the tower of babel and there is no authority or power behind their words.

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about:

Rick (a Christian) says, “Okay folks, I would like for you to open your Bibles to 1 John 5:7.” “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”

Bob (a Christian) says, “My Bible does not say that.” “My 1 John 5:7 says, “For there are three that testify:”

Joe (a Christian) says, “Alright, I think we need to change things up here. Okay everyone, I would like for you all to turn to 1 John 4:3. “but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.”

Sam (a Christian) says, “Joe. My Bible says in 1 John 4:3 “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God.”

Joe: “It’s not important.”

Sam (a Christian) says, “But Joe, is not “Jesus coming into the flesh” have to do with Christ’s incarnation.” “Can we deny the Incarnation and be saved?”

Joe: “That’s not what I am saying.” “All Bibles say the same thing.”

Sam (a Christian) says, “While that may be true, why does my Bible deny this truth as a part of testing the spirits?” “Which Bible says the right thing here?”

Benson (an unbeliever) says, “Okay guys. I don’t mean to interrupt here, and I appreciate you all for inviting me to this group to learn the bible, but it looks like you guys cannot agree on what the Bible even says.” “Sorry, I am leaving.”​

So those who say this cannot be a salvation in certain instances are wrong (in my view). A man who is looking for the faith to be saved will not be able to find it if Christian men are not in agreement about the faith. For faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). But faith in God's Word was totally absent at this Bible study because there was no final Word of authority that could be believed. It was like at the Tower of Babel. Confusion, and God is not the author of confusion. Granted, I am not against the use of Modern Translations at all, but there has to be a final Word of authority and or one nailed down clear Bible to adhere to (like the KJV). If not, then it's a choose your own Adventure Bible whereby we choose what the Bible says (i.e. to change the Word of God), when the Bible should be changing us.

Three, to suggest that all Bibles say the same thing roughly is to suggest that there is no attack on God’s Word by Satan (Which is silly). We remember back in the Garden that the devil (the serpent) merely used subtle words to deceive Eve. The devil just said, “Ye shall not die.” The devil called into question God’s holy command or words. So she bought into the lie. She doubted God’s Word. The same thing is happening today. Men not only do not believe there is a perfect Word of God that they can easily understand, but they also believe they will not die if they break God’s commands, as well. This again speaks to the times that we are in.

Four, I strive to avoid folks who attack the King James Bible. They will point out KJV only advocates who are heretical as their proof against the KJV. But guilt by association is not always true. Catholics believe in the Trinity, that does not mean the Bible does not teach the Trinity just because Catholics believe in the Trinity. Also, while some KJV only advocates are not perfect, and even heretical in their beliefs, that does not negate the perfection and divine inspiration of the King James Bible being God’s Holy Word for today (If they were to be a good Berean and do the study). Psalms 12:6 says “The words of the LORD are pure words" Many today don't believe there are pure words of the LORD but there are errors in their many translations. So they get to decide what God's Word says instead of letting God's Word change them. Psalms 12:6 says There were seven purifications of the KJV. Telling them this fact does not mean anything to them. One needs to have faith in order to see it. My faith has been tested many times in the KJV. But it was written in 1600's style English, so it can be difficult sometimes (But not impossible if we use an older dictionary or a KJV Dictionary online). We sometimes want to update it a bit, and this is fine if it is our notes or commentary to the text for our own personal use alone and not to create yet another Bible amongst a sea of endless Bibles. But certain men today want a candy coated Bible that is simple and dumbed down. But we have to realize that God conceals things in His Word for his glory.

“It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.” (Proverbs 25:2).

These two threads I created at CF show the divine nature of God's Word (Which is more completely confirmed by the KJV):

If God leads me to continue to do so, I am may create a thread that shows how the 66 books of the Bible can be found in the 66 chapters of Isaiah. Men of course will scoff and say that the chapter and verse numbers were never a part of the Bible, but as we know there technically was no collected printed Bible in the early church days like we have today. God’s Word grew (or matured) to be in the form of a printed book and not on handwritten scrolls. God moves with the times to spread His Word. For our God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. If doubters say chapter and verse numbers are insignificant to God, I can only pray for them to see otherwise. For when we say things like “John 3:16”, we understand what that verse is saying and it is special to us. We can find any place in the Bible in an instant because of chapter and verse numbers. God surely sees the benefit of our using chapter and verse numbers. If they were no benefit, then try using your Bible without them. I know God has included them in His Word today under His power and guiding hand. I know because the sheer coincidences are way off the charts in the realm of biblical numerics that show that His Word today (the KJV) is divine involving chapter and verse numbers. So let the doubters doubt. They just have to employ Romans 10:17. Whatever seeds of the Word of God they do not believe, it will be snatched out of their hearts and they will not believe those particular words in Scripture. In some cases, this may not be a salvation issue, but I believe in other cases it can be. It depends on what verses or passages they are denying in their Bible. I believe in time a Christian who truly wants to follow Jesus and His apostles and who hangs on every word they say will eventually come to the truth that the KJV is the pure Word of God for our day. If not, then they are seeking to form a Bible of their own imagining or of the imagining of other men. I say this not to slander them, but as an expression of my belief in what I feel is good and right.

"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?"
(Psalms 11:3).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟107,962.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In addition, I have given other reasons at CF to show that the King James Bible is divine and perfect.

And I have answered supposed contradictions in the KJV at CF here:

Let those who will believe.... believe,
and let those who will doubt.... doubt.

For God conceals things for His glory.

Sir, the KJV is not perfect, and it's no more divinely inspired than any other valid Bible translation in any language.

And you have no valid defense against the KJV's goofs & booboos, such as "Easter" in Acts 12:4, nor the LACK OF MANUSCRIPT EVIDENCE for the words "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5. There are, of course, many other goofs & booboos in the KJV, but just these 2 prove it's not perfect.

And there's absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth, a fact which automatically makes it false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sir, the KJV is not perfect, and it's no more divinely inspired than any other valid Bible translation in any language.

And you have no valid defense against the KJV's goofs & booboos, such as "Easter" in Acts 12:4, nor the LACK OF MANUSCRIPT EVIDENCE for the words "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5. There are, of course, many other goofs & booboos in the KJV, but just these 2 prove it's not perfect.

And there's absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth, a fact which automatically makes it false.

No offense, but by what you have said so far, I don't believe you will see the truth on this matter at this current time (Although I would love to be proven wrong here).

Believe what you will. I made my case. It is up to you to seek out the truth; If not, I cannot convince you of what you do not want to see. For notice how you did not answer any of my points.

As for Easter: I already addressed that issue in the contradictions thread link.
But I am not going to argue with it over somebody who does not want to believe the King James Bible is divine or perfect. For if you start off with a beginning point of unbelief that the KJV is divine and perfect, you will never see the truth of what I am trying to show you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which KJV is supposed to be perfect, the one from 1611 or the revision of 1769?

Also, the print with Apocrypha or the one without them?

There are seven purifications of the King James Bible which lines up with Psalms 12:6.

There are seven major editions (or purifications); They are:

full

You can do your homework on it by searching "Bible believers" for their explanation on it.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are seven purifications of the King James Bible which lines up with Psalms 12:6.

There are seven major editions (or purifications); They are:

full

You can do your homework on it by searching "Bible believers" for their explanation on it.

Why did you leave out the edition of 1631?

Two editions were printed in 1611, later distinguished as the “He” and “She” Bibles because of the variant readings “he” and “she” in the final clause of Ruth 3:15 (“and he went into the city”). Some errors in subsequent editions have become famous. Perhaps the most notorious example is the so-called “Wicked Bible” (1631), whose byname derives from the omission of “not” in the injunction against adultery in the Ten Commandments (“Thou shalt commit adultery”). The printers were fined £300 for the error.

King James Version | History & Background

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why did you leave out the edition of 1631?

Two editions were printed in 1611, later distinguished as the “He” and “She” Bibles because of the variant readings “he” and “she” in the final clause of Ruth 3:15 (“and he went into the city”). Some errors in subsequent editions have become famous. Perhaps the most notorious example is the so-called “Wicked Bible” (1631), whose byname derives from the omission of “not” in the injunction against adultery in the Ten Commandments (“Thou shalt commit adultery”). The printers were fined £300 for the error.

King James Version | History & Background

1631 KJV Bible also had Exodus 20:14 as commanding to "commit adultery" leaving out the word "not" by mistake. We are not talking about gross variant deviations (like a Bible with major printing errors that was quickly caught) here but natural stages of progressive purifications based on font type changes, updates in a standardization of spelling, etc.; This Bible was recalled and destroyed.

For more reading on this, see here:
White's Dictionary of the King James Bible Excerpt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0