• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Bible Corruptions

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by BlessedCreator, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+7,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Believers should try to align all their beliefs with the Bible.
    Currently there are two positions set before us.

Position #1. Believe God preserves His Word, and He speaks to us in a language without any major training or

Position #2. God speaks to us in an old dead language that nobody can understand whatsoever without a Lexicon or special books. ​

The key is... which one is closest to what you see in Scripture?

I have yet to see the Modern Translation or God's Word does not perfectly exist or God's Word only exists in a dead language that nobody today cannot just pick up and read normally in any kind of way.

2. Bible Highlighter

+7,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Blessings to you, as well.
    But I believe there is not just "a bible" but there is "THE bible."
    There can be only one nailed down Word of God that exists in all its various forms of language throughout history.

I believe the Scriptures were preserved throughout time in:

• Hebrew (OT Scriptures),
    • Aramaic (Some of Ezra, Daniel, etc.),
    • Greek (NT Scriptures),
    • Latin (The Holy Bible),
    • English (The Holy Bible).

I believe God is perfect in the way that He does things, and this means there can be only one Word for each of these languages throughout time.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

+674
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    BH,

I agree there is no 'perfect' translation but we have so many linguistic scholars around the world who work constantly to get good translations in the CEV, ERV, ESV, NABRE, NJB, NASB, NIV, NKJV, NLT, NRSV, REB etc.

I haven't found any, without the Apocrapha, that affect any major doctrines.

Oz

4. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

+674
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    What leads you to conclude 'there can be only one Word' of God and that is the KJV?

5. OzSpen

OzSpen Regular Member

+674
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    BC,

Why have you broken one of the 10 commandments by making this copy and paste post?

Why have you plagiarized (stolen) this material from this or a similar website? Corrupted Bibles

You want us to believe the KJV is the best Bible but you have disobeyed the command, 'Thou shalt not steal' (7th commandment, Ex 20:15 KJV; Matt 19:18 KJV) with your plagiarism.

I suggest you get your house in order before you engage in this kind of exercise.

Oz

6. BlessedCreator

BlessedCreator Salvation=Obedience

+110
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That is my website @OzSpen
    gffg stands for GoodFruitForGod, I have a youtube channel with the same name

Also we are not under the 10 commandments or the law. As we are told directly we are not under the law and indirectly that we are not under the 10 commandments through Colossians 2:16.

Not to say we aren't under moral obligation of 9/10 (all but the Sabbath) of the commandments.

7. GodsGrace101

GodsGrace101 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,090
    Italy
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Oz,

Of course I'm accurately whorshipping God !
    But this is my point....I believe we should worship God
    and not the bible.

Some love the KJV so much that it makes me wonder if they don't worship that version of the bible too.

I also stated that I believe the KJV is not very accurate due to its old age....the NKJV might be better-- I'm not knowledgeable enough to know this.

Newer versions are much more accurate due to the reason I had stated previously; older manuscripts have been found from which to translate and check different sources.

Also, I don't believe any manuscript has been found that would change any of the tenets of the Christian faith.

8. GodsGrace101

+2,090
    Italy
    Christian
    Married
    I'll have to disagree.
    I'm on another thread right now discussing
    John 6.44. What does the word DRAW mean in that verse?

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day."

9. GodsGrace101

+2,090
    Italy
    Christian
    Married
    What is the difference between being under the law
    and being under obligation to the moral law?

I don't see any difference.

We are either to follow the commandments or we are not. Which is it?

10. Bible Highlighter

+7,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Imagine if you were discussing 1 John 5:7. You would be discussing whether or not this verse should even should be in your Bible or not. 1 John 5:7 talks about the Trinity in the KJV, and yet this verse is absent in most of your Modern Translations. Why? The devil hates God's Word and will seek to water down and attack it by any means. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17), but if the foundations be destroyed, what shall the righteous do? (Psalms 11:3).

11. Bible Highlighter

+7,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Well said brother. I 100% agree. Check out my signature at the bottom of each of my posts. It is rare these days that Christians get this one.

Blessings to you in the Lord today, brother;
    And thank you for preaching the Word.

12. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,926
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Thanks, I'm good then as I know at least one of my Bibles says The Holy Bible and it happens to be a NIV.

13. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,668
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    The early NIV was quite good actually, the later iterations had some alterations done. Basically some deletions to fit someones agenda at that time.

14. Isilwen

+1,926
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I have the 1984 version, was the first Bible I ever owned and was given to me by my now ex-wife. I also just picked up the NIV Life Application Bible 3rd Edition. It was published on my Birthday in 2019. I like them both.

15. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+7,338
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    The only incorruptible Word of God is the risen Christ. Jesus Christ and the bible are not identical. There cannot be two incorruptible Words of God, lest Christ be divided. So, either we worship one and use the other, or we run the risk of idolatry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Bible Highlighter

+7,209
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    @BlessedCreator

I looked at your website. I agree that we need to have obedience as a part of salvation, too. Most do not seem to understand this and yet many will slander us as Catholics, even though we are not.

Anyways, back on topic to the KJV:

Have you ever seen the DVD called
    "KJB The Book That Changed The World"?

In my opinion it is really informative.

17. Isilwen

+1,926
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Please, clarify.

Are you saying you do not read the Bible?

18. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+4,668
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    Many reduced that 1 John 5:7 verse to three witnesses vs naming them in full. But several versions include the whole statement including my NKJV. I haven't ( yet anyway) seen it totally omitted in any translation I've run into.

19. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,569
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    If that is true, WHY could the KJV translators NOT even correctly translate the name of the 20th book of the NT?

Ἰάκωβος > Iakōbos = Jacob, NOT James.

20. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+7,338
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    That's an odd inference. No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying Christians equivocate over the phrase "Word/word of God" and that some approaches to the scriptures verge on idolatry. I would say expecting the bible to be perfect, and treating it as perfect, runs just such a risk.

The scriptures are a means to an end. That end being faith in Christ. To treat the scriptures as an end in themselves is a misuse. The scriptures could never be perfect, lest they be confused with the One who is perfect.