May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I counted eight intentional questions from the moderator. By intentional questions, I mean those the moderator had written down to ask beforehand, and not the few times he’s asked an unscripted follow up question.

Of those eight, I consider six to have been neutral:

1. Job Creation
2. Bringing back jobs that have left the country
3. Resolving race relations
4. Preventing home-grown terrorist attacks
5. Obama’s “First Use” policy
6. Willingness to accept the outcome of the election

The other two questions were directly designed to put Trump on the defensive and Hillary on the offensive:

1. Releasing a tax return
2. Obama birth certificate controversy

Ummm, this isn’t balanced, at all. Where were the planned Hillary issue questions? By the spacing of these questions, being the 3rd and 5th questions asked, it’s almost as if they were spaced to halt any potential momentum Trump may have had at around one-third and two-thirds of the way through the debate.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who noticed this?

• Agree
Reactions: MWood

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is kind of like what is done in a court of law to a witness. They will first ask you about what it is that you have witnessed. Lastly, they question your character as the last defense presented before the jury. The lawyers know they do not have to prove their client's innocence, all they have to do is bring enough doubt to swing the verdict. If they can get enough people to just say... "Well I just don't know".... It's a hung jury, or it could go completely in their favor. That means they have a 2 out of 3 chance that someone 'could' sway their opinion of the accused to a favorable position, and make the jury doubt the integrity of the witness.

" Well I know that is what you say about my client, but weren't you involved in A fight in high school where the police were called, and ........... "

It is a diversionary tactic, and yes I noticed.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Well, he also asked Mrs. Clinton about her emails, so the bias was balanced. Mr. Trump just talks too much and thinks that the more he repeats himself the more people will believe him. Four times last night, on supporting the previous war, he said that this one man in all the world would support that he was against the war. Odd isn't it, that Mr. Trump has to lean on the support of one man, even though the record shows differently and he kept talking over the moderator when he tried to bring up the 'evidence', who can vouch for his having been against the war. Odd isn't it that his attorneys have advised he not turn over his tax returns. When's the last time a presidential nominee referred to what his attorneys were telling him to do. Odd isn't it that his reason for not turning over his tax returns is that he's under audit, even though there's absolutely no reason that such a thing would preclude him from being able to turn them over.

According to fact check, just about every claim he made was false or mostly false. You guys go with what you believe to be the truth, but for me, Mrs. Clinton pretty much sealed the deal to get my vote. I can just see the regular headlines if Mr. Trump is elected president. "The President Lies Again! Who would have imagined?" I can just see how his foreign relations will play out. Every time he opens his mouth these nation leaders will have an assistant doing a fact check right there on the spot.

You guys are drinking waaaaaaay too much koolaid.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi seventyone,

You wrote:
being the 3rd and 5th questions asked, it’s almost as if they were spaced to halt any potential momentum Trump may have had at around one-third and two-thirds of the way through the debate.

Maybe, but in the ultimate reality of the debate, that didn't make any difference. He never had any momentum throughout the debate. Mrs. Clinton was fairly respectful in her allowing him to speak uninterrupted, although there were a couple of times that she did break down on that, but even then, quickly shut up when Mr. Trump continued. Mr.Trump was constantly making off-hand, under-breath comments and even in his talking bullied anyone who tried to stop him.

The nature of a bully is ingrained in all that they do.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
,Hi guys,

Mr. Trump also, as is his nature, continued to repeat and repeat again and again, that we aren't getting paid by these other nations for our 'protection'. First, I'm not sure that all of our military stations and outposts around the world are necessarily there for the host nations 'protection'. When's the last time we were called on to defend Japan? Our military powers that be generally want those bases so that the United States has a greater global presence. I'm not sure that having a military presence in Japan is because we want to protect Japan so much as it is because we want to have close first strike capabilities available against China. Now, hopefully that will change sometime in the future, but for many, many decades China and many Asian countries were operating under communistic regimes and good or bad, we've always felt the need to be close and prepared to fight any insurgence of these regimes into neighboring countries.

So, I'm not sure that if we tried to coerce Japan into paying for our presence in their country that they wouldn't just say, "Hey, you're not here for our benefit. So, if you want us to pay you, you can just go." Mr. Trump of course, being the 'shrewd and wise' businessman, doesn't do anything for altruistic reasons and based on his foreign relations experience, likely doesn't have a clue why the United States really has a presence in all these other countries that aren't 'paying their way'.

I'm all for cutting back on what a lot of our foreign relations are costing us, but I'm not sure that it should be done merely on 'ability of the host nation to pay us' basis.

Finally, Mr. Pence is cut from the same cloth. When interviewed after the debate he made several remarks that Mrs. Clinton was the aggressor in the debate and that she kept railroading Mr. Trump. by making unfair accusations against him. However, when the interviewer twice asked him for evidence of his claims he merely continued on without ever giving any evidence. He was lying, just like his running mate, and couldn't support the words coming out of his mouth, but that didn't stop him from making the false claims.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Well, he also asked Mrs. Clinton about her emails, so the bias was balanced. Mr. Trump just talks too much and thinks that the more he repeats himself the more people will believe him. Four times last night, on supporting the previous war, he said that this one man in all the world would support that he was against the war. Odd isn't it, that Mr. Trump has to lean on the support of one man, even though the record shows differently and he kept talking over the moderator when he tried to bring up the 'evidence', who can vouch for his having been against the war. Odd isn't it that his attorneys have advised he not turn over his tax returns. When's the last time a presidential nominee referred to what his attorneys were telling him to do. Odd isn't it that his reason for not turning over his tax returns is that he's under audit, even though there's absolutely no reason that such a thing would preclude him from being able to turn them over.

According to fact check, just about every claim he made was false or mostly false. You guys go with what you believe to be the truth, but for me, Mrs. Clinton pretty much sealed the deal to get my vote. I can just see the regular headlines if Mr. Trump is elected president. "The President Lies Again! Who would have imagined?" I can just see how his foreign relations will play out. Every time he opens his mouth these nation leaders will have an assistant doing a fact check right there on the spot.

You guys are drinking waaaaaaay too much koolaid.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

He didn't actually ask willingly about the emails. Trump brought them up and the moderator said, and I quote, "He also — he also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond to that?". That's a softball follow up question, and not a planned inquiry.

I don't particularly care who someone else is voting for. They will have to defend their choices in that area on the last day. That said, Hillary has been caught in documented lie after lie after lie, year after year. At least be consistent with your criticism in that area.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hi seventyone,

You wrote:

Maybe, but in the ultimate reality of the debate, that didn't make any difference. He never had any momentum throughout the debate. Mrs. Clinton was fairly respectful in her allowing him to speak uninterrupted, although there were a couple of times that she did break down on that, but even then, quickly shut up when Mr. Trump continued. Mr.Trump was constantly making off-hand, under-breath comments and even in his talking bullied anyone who tried to stop him.

The nature of a bully is ingrained in all that they do.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Were you watching the same debate? Both of them interrupted each other on multiple occasions, and Hillary called him or his actions "racist" three times.

And I didn't say he had momentum or not, that wasn't the point. The point was the question structure of the moderator, which was biased in a particular direction. I don't care that he asked those questions of Trump. Ask away, but at least be unbiased as possible by asking Hillary defensive questions as well. She had an easy night because she was never challenged by the moderator.

• Agree
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He didn't actually ask willingly about the emails. Trump brought them up and the moderator said, and I quote, "He also — he also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond to that?". That's a softball follow up question, and not a planned inquiry.

I don't particularly care who someone else is voting for. They will have to defend their choices in that area on the last day. That said, Hillary has been caught in documented lie after lie after lie, year after year. At least be consistent with your criticism in that area.

Hi seventyone,

Ok. I'm in agreement with you that I also don't particularly care who someone else is voting for, although I'm not sure that will be something that they will be called to defend on the last day.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were you watching the same debate? Both of them interrupted each other on multiple occasions, and Hillary called him or his actions "racist" three times.

And I didn't say he had momentum or not, that wasn't the point. The point was the question structure of the moderator, which was biased in a particular direction. I don't care that he asked those questions of Trump. Ask away, but at least be unbiased as possible by asking Hillary defensive questions as well. She had an easy night because she was never challenged by the moderator.

Hi seventy one,

Yes, I said that Mrs. Clinton did interrupt him a few times. However, and yes I watched the same debate, overall Mr. Trump was the regular aggressor in that arena. Your point about the set up of the questions is, of course, merely an assumption that you're making. The moderator is a human being, and just as Mr. Trump will likely do in our foreign relations, his attitude tends to make people want to get back at him. Now, should that be? No, not from a moderator, but we are all people and hard as we may try to be completely and totally fair so that your expectations are met, it's something that as humans is tough even in the best of circumstances.

Overall, I thought Mr. Holt did a pretty good job. Perfect? Nah! Only God does perfect. Overall, I thought that of the two, Mrs. Clinton was more respectful in allowing the other to speak uninterrupted. Was the perfect? Nah! Only God does perfect. Overall, I thought that Mr. Trump was merely being his natural self. Was he perfect? Well, about as perfect as one can get without being God.

Oh, and based on many of his previous comments about muslims, women and blacks. He is a racist!

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Why wouldn't she? Trump's whole campaign is centered around courting the racist vote, and it has worked very effectively:

Exclusive: Trump supporters more likely to view blacks negatively - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites.

32 percent of Trump supporters placed whites closer to the top level of "intelligence" than they did blacks

According to this poll, if I'm talking to two Trump supporters, the odds are good that at least one of them is a racist. That's very troubling, don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mr. Trump also, as is his nature, continued to repeat and repeat again and again, that we aren't getting paid by these other nations for our 'protection'.
There is a difference between being somewhere in order to have a strategic advantage, and helping to actually fight off an enemy. I think Donald is mainly concerned about the expense it has taken to conduct military action in defense of certain countries while they have not helped to pay for America's help.

But, of course, even when the United States fights against enemies of a certain country, it can be because it is to the advantage of America, that the enemy is stopped or resisted.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="J According to this poll, if I'm talking to two Trump supporters, the odds are good that at least one of them is a racist. That's very troubling, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

If true, that would probably almost match the ratio of racist to non-racist among Democrats. It's the party that formed the Klan, who passed Jim Crow laws, who voted 100% against allowing minorities the right to vote. It's the party who continues to use minorities through today as political pawns, inciting them every 4 years to ensure they herd their votes where they want them to go, then forgets all about them until the next big election cycle.

It's the party that seeks to not only keep people under their thumb, but also who support and encourage the death of millions of children in the womb. That's the Democratic party heritage, rotten to the core.

You have polls of opinions of the sheeple who have been told what they should believe. I have history.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I counted eight intentional questions from the moderator. By intentional questions, I mean those the moderator had written down to ask beforehand, and not the few times he’s asked an unscripted follow up question.

Of those eight, I consider six to have been neutral:

1. Job Creation
2. Bringing back jobs that have left the country
3. Resolving race relations
4. Preventing home-grown terrorist attacks
5. Obama’s “First Use” policy
6. Willingness to accept the outcome of the election

The other two questions were directly designed to put Trump on the defensive and Hillary on the offensive:

1. Releasing a tax return
2. Obama birth certificate controversy

Ummm, this isn’t balanced, at all. Where were the planned Hillary issue questions? By the spacing of these questions, being the 3rd and 5th questions asked, it’s almost as if they were spaced to halt any potential momentum Trump may have had at around one-third and two-thirds of the way through the debate.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who noticed this?
Trump has run his campaign on the fact that the media is biased. He ought to have known that the hard ball questions to Hillary would have to come from him.

He started out focused on that, but then his ego distracted him, and he left himself get caught up in his favorite subject-himself.

Of course the media is biased. That is yesterday's news. I was ever the same, even in the days of Reagan.
In the end, Romney was way too nice to smack down Cindy's interference, and everybody blames him for his lack of effectiveness. That is why he lost.

Trump does not have the excuse that he is too nice. It is ludicrous for him to claim that he was holding back because he is a nice guy. He lost the debate not because of media bias, which he has no problem blasting in the most unpleasant of terms, but because he got caught up in discussing himself, rather than discussing HRC.

They are both rather contemptuous people. The last one standing will be the one that can aver the gaze of the nation onto the other candidate come election day. Only a small minority of people can stomach voting for either of them. The best that can be hoped for is that they will be able to get enough people to vote against their opponent by diverting the attention from themselves and onto the faults of their opponent.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If true, that would probably almost match the ratio of racist to non-racist among Democrats. It's the party that formed the Klan, who passed Jim Crow laws, who voted 100% against allowing minorities the right to vote.

If true, that would probably almost match the ratio of racist to non-racist among Democrats. It's the party that formed the Klan, who passed Jim Crow laws, who voted 100% against allowing minorities the right to vote. It's the party who continues to use minorities through today as political pawns, inciting them every 4 years to ensure they herd their votes where they want them to go, then forgets all about them until the next big election cycle.
[/QUOTE]
Why is it that I know so much more than many Americans about their own history? You are apparently unaware of the Republican Southern Strategy. It was/is a Republican strategy of using racism to secure the Southern vote.

This has effectively flipped the electorate, moving the racists to the Republican party. That is why Trump is running a racist campaign, and according to the poll, almost 1/2 of Trump supporters are racists. The numbers say that if I'm talking to two Trump supporters, the odds are good that at least one is a Trump supporter. You never answered when you responded to my post: Don't you find this troubling?

If you are interested in educating yourself on the history of your country, and this topic in particular, so you can understand why the polls say so many racists support Trump, I suggest you start by googling "Southern Strategy Lee Atwater". Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Trump has run his campaign on the fact that the media is biased.

No he hasn't. Trump has run his campaign on the fact that he believes if he can attract enough racists to support him, he can win the election. These poll numbers make that pretty clear:

Exclusive: Trump supporters more likely to view blacks negatively - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites.

32 percent of Trump supporters placed whites closer to the top level of "intelligence" than they did blacks

According to this poll, if I'm talking to two Trump supporters, the odds are good that at least one of them is a racist. That's very troubling, don't you think?

Upvote 0