✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
picked up just now from the BBC

Church of England and Methodists to discuss sharing clergy - BBC News

<<
Methodists and the Church of England are to discuss allowing ministers and priests to serve in each other's Churches.

The step would in effect end a division in protestant Christianity that has existed in Britain since the 1700s.

The plans have been released jointly by the Churches at a time when they have lost worshippers............ >>

Thought you may be interested in this

Padres1969

Episcopalian
Nov 28, 2015
San Diego
✟28,176.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
picked up just now from the BBC

Church of England and Methodists to discuss sharing clergy - BBC News

<<
Methodists and the Church of England are to discuss allowing ministers and priests to serve in each other's Churches.

The step would in effect end a division in protestant Christianity that has existed in Britain since the 1700s.

The plans have been released jointly by the Churches at a time when they have lost worshippers............ >>

Thought you may be interested in this
If I'm remembering correctly the Episcopal Church and United Methodist Church in the US are similarly discussing a communion relationship as well.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We have a little of this here: "shared parishes" between the Uniting Church (a union of Methodists, Presbyterians and Congregationalists) and Anglicans. There are not many but the few that there are seem to work reasonably well, from what I've seen.

As I recall, though, attempts to do this in the past have foundered, so I would not be quick to conclude that everything will go smoothly this time, either.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
In my old hometown back in the rust-belt, the local TEC priest also serves one of the two ELCA parishes. It's not a steep learning curve. The Lutheran liturgy is stripped down to a bare bones framework that tends to lead to a service being divided almost exactly in half between the 'service of the word' and the eucharist (depending on the windiness of the preacher). Whereas, the Anglican service tends to be longer on the eucharist celebration.

This may surprise some of you, but my continuing Anglican jurisdiction is in full fellowship with a body of traditional Lutherans with AS in Russia. The Abp. goes to Moscow yearly to fellowship with them. There was a postulant who wanted to immigrate into my deanery for a while, but he seems to have gotten cold feet.

Anyhow, most of these 'main-line' ecumenical ventures tend to be signs of desperation rather than shows of mutual strength. And there are those Anglicans floating about who are quite vocal that Arminianism can't fit with the Articles of Religion, Arminians are the reason the church isn't growing, the only way to do theology is Reformed, and other such unhelpful nonsense.

Upvote 0