✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So? I know people who worship tax cuts. What's your point? :confused:
tulc(isn't looking at anyone in THIS thread of course but there are those who do) :D

So you want to attack the faith of those who disagree with you? Wow. I mean, I post stuff about wacky people who worship Obama, but I don't think anyone here is that far removed from reality. Basically, you're accusing fellow members here of being idol worshippers. Kind of... yeah.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[/size]
There is a lot more significance to the attire Jamie Foxx’s Lord and Savior is wearing in the pick. Do you need me to explain?

[/size][/size]

Here let me fix that for you:
There is a lot more significance to the attire Jamie Foxx’s President is wearing in the pick.

There, a much more accurate statement of Mr Foxx's true feelings (when he's not making a joke) :wave:

Do you need me to explain?
May as well explain this one as well
VietnamAPEC2006.jpg

and this one:
APEC’s shirt tradition - The Washington Post
tulc(runs to make pop corn and wait for explanation) ;)

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by HerbieHeadley
There is a lot more significance to the attire Jamie Foxx’s Lord and Savior is wearing in the pick. Do you need me to explain?

"Originally Posted by tulc
There is a lot more significance to the attire Jamie Foxx’s President is wearing in the pick."
Problem with this statement is that Jamie Foxx asked to give praise to our Lord and Savior Barrack Obama, Barrack Obama.

FAIL!

There, a much more accurate statement of Mr Foxx's true feelings (when he's not making a joke) :wave:
Only in tulc-world is that an accurate statement pertaining to the OP and what was stated. More coffee for truth. :wave:

May as well explain this one as well
VietnamAPEC2006.jpg

and this one:
APEC’s shirt tradition - The Washington Post
tulc(runs to make pop corn and wait for explanation) ;)
Photo Shop. :wave:

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,637.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Prove it. :D

Herbie (is disappointed that he has read something uttered that Herbie thinks is the biggest bunch of bull ever. Herbie does not believe there is a single sole that anyone knows that worships “tax cuts” as their Lord and Savior.) :wave:

True, but fish are notoriously fickle. ^_^

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Originally Posted by tulc
There is a lot more significance to the attire Jamie Foxx’s President is wearing in the pick."
Problem with this statement is that Jamie Foxx asked to give praise to our Lord and Savior Barrack Obama, Barrack Obama.
Yeah, that would be the joke part I mentioned in mt post. :wave:

well...one of us did! but since you're an old friend I'll take the hit! ;)

Only in tulc-world is that an accurate statement pertaining to the OP and what was stated. More coffee for truth. :wave:
tulc-world is the real world, you should come visit once in a while. We have cookies! :)

Photo Shop. :wave:
Ahhh! didn't bother looking at the link huh? You should check it out. ;)
tulc(also believes in coffee for truth!) :clap:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you want to attack the faith of those who disagree with you? Wow. I mean, I post stuff about wacky people who worship Obama, but I don't think anyone here is that far removed from reality. Basically, you're accusing fellow members here of being idol worshippers. Kind of... yeah.

Wait...let me turn my irony meter off before it explodes. Now let's look at the bolded portions above. I honestly didn't realize you worshiped tax cuts and I apologize for seeming to attack you. :wave:
tulc(will now go back into all those threads where he was accused of worshiping President Obama simply because he voted for him) :cool:

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[/size]

[/size][/size]

Apparently you need me to explain that it was a joke.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Someone asked about Blaspheme earlier. How about this painting of George Washington on the rotunda?

apotheosis_center.jpg

The United States Capitol, officially called the Temple of Liberty, was inspired by and modeled after the Pantheon in Rome. It’s topped by a statue of Persephone, the goddess of the underworld, and features a mural in the eye of the rotunda that depicts the transformation of George Washington into a god!

Yikes, America has some pretty scary history of revering their presidents to the extreme.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes - please explain the significance.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Someone asked about Blaspheme earlier. How about this painting of George Washington on the rotunda?

apotheosis_center.jpg

The United States Capitol, officially called the Temple of Liberty, was inspired by and modeled after the Pantheon in Rome. It’s topped by a statue of Persephone, the goddess of the underworld, and features a mural in the eye of the rotunda that depicts the transformation of George Washington into a god!

Yikes, America has some pretty scary history of revering their presidents to the extreme.
It is the Statue of Freedom, and NOT Persephone.
Statue of Freedom

"The statue is a classical female figure of Freedom wearing flowing draperies. Her right hand rests upon the hilt of a sheathed sword; her left holds a laurel wreath of victory and the shield of the United States with 13 stripes. Her helmet is encircled by stars and features a crest composed of an eagle's head, feathers, and talons, a reference to the costume of Native Americans. A brooch inscribed "U.S." secures her fringed robes. She stands on a cast-iron globe encircled with the words E Pluribus Unum, the national motto at the time of her placement atop the dome."

Crawford was commissioned to design the Statue of Freedom in 1855 from a sketch drawing and executed the plaster model for the statue in his studio in Rome.

statue-freedom.jpg

Capitol Building History

The Apotheosis of Washington was painted in 11 months at the end of the Civil War by Constantino Brumidi in 1865. Brumidi (1805-1880) was born and trained in Rome and had painted in the Vatican and Roman palaces before emigrating to the United States in 1852.

Brumidi depicted George Washington rising to the heavens in glory, flanked by female figures representing Liberty and Victory/Fame. A rainbow arches at his feet, and thirteen maidens symbolizing the original states flank the three central figures. (The word "apotheosis" in the title means literally the raising of a person to the rank of a god, or the glorification of a person as an ideal; George Washington was honored as a national icon in the nineteenth century.)

"Six groups of figures line the perimeter of the canopy; the following list begins below the central group and proceeds clockwise:
•War, with Armed Freedom and the eagle defeating Tyranny and Kingly Power

•Science, with Minerva teaching Benjamin Franklin, Robert Fulton, and Samuel F.B. Morse

•Marine, with Neptune holding his trident and Venus holding the transatlantic cable, which was being laid at the time the fresco was painted

•Commerce, with Mercury handing a bag of money to Robert Morris, financier of the American Revolution

•Mechanics, with Vulcan at the anvil and forge, producing a cannon and a steam engine

•Agriculture, with Ceres seated on the McCormick Reaper, accompanied by America in a red liberty cap and Flora picking flowers.
You may see it up close here. and quotes from here.

However, nothing as blashphemous as Jamie Foxx's call to praise their Lord and Savior Barrack Obama - Barrack Obama!

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes - please explain the significance.
Why do Moslem men wear a kufi?

To show pleasure to Allah. They want to stay connected with Allah to show how true their religion of Islam really is. So, it's no problem for a Moslem man to wear a kufi whenever he feels like!

Also known as the taqiyah cap.

The taqiyah is a short, rounded cap worn by some observant Moslem men. When worn by itself, the taqiyah can be any color. When worn under the keffiyah scarf, it is always white.

The taqiyah is also called a 'prayer cap' in English. Moslems wear the taqiyah during Jumu'ah (Friday) prayers at the mosque, and during daily salat (prayers) at home.

Moslems wear the taqiyah to emulate Muhammad. The companions of Muhammad were never seen without their heads being covered.

Moslem men also wear a taqiyah during weddings.

obamawhitemuslimhat1.jpg

ta·qi·yah

the practice of denying one's religion, permissible when one is faced with persecution, especially by Sunnites: regarded as a means of protecting the religion.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

To show pleasure to Allah. They want to stay connected with Allah to show how true their religion of Islam really is. So, it's no problem for a Moslem man to wear a kufi whenever he feels like!

Also known as the taqiyah cap.

The taqiyah is a short, rounded cap worn by some observant Moslem men. When worn by itself, the taqiyah can be any color. When worn under the keffiyah scarf, it is always white.

The taqiyah is also called a 'prayer cap' in English. Moslems wear the taqiyah during Jumu'ah (Friday) prayers at the mosque, and during daily salat (prayers) at home.

Moslems wear the taqiyah to emulate Muhammad. The companions of Muhammad were never seen without their heads being covered.

Moslem men also wear a taqiyah during weddings.

ta·qi·yah

the practice of denying one's religion, permissible when one is faced with persecution, especially by Sunnites: regarded as a means of protecting the religion.

He's not Muslim. He's not Kenyan. He doesn't have a "thug life" nature, whatever the heck that means. Get. Over. It.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

<snip>

obamawhitemuslimhat1.jpg

ta·qi·yah

He's not a Muslim, so most of your post is nonsense. About the cap:
A kufi or kufi cap is a brimless, short, and rounded cap worn by many populations in West Africa of all religions and throughout the African diaspora. It is also worn by men in Asia.

So he was wearing an African hat while visiting Africa...my goodness!

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
been here?
Christian Urban Ministries: Why I wear the Kufi hat
from blog said:
The history and tradition of African clothing is long and intriguing. One item that comes from this lasting culture is the kufi hat. The kufi hat comes from West Africa where men have worn it for years. In West Africa you often see older men wearing a kufi hat every day. It is worn by Christians, Muslims, and African Jews. Many grandfathers and other older men wear a kufi every day to symbolize their status as wise elders, religious people or family patriarchs.
tulc(wonders if Herbie should go there and explain why they shouldn't wear them?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is the Statue of Freedom, and NOT Persephone.
Statue of Freedom

"The statue is a classical female figure of Freedom wearing flowing draperies. Her right hand rests upon the hilt of a sheathed sword; her left holds a laurel wreath of victory and the shield of the United States with 13 stripes. Her helmet is encircled by stars and features a crest composed of an eagle's head, feathers, and talons, a reference to the costume of Native Americans. A brooch inscribed "U.S." secures her fringed robes. She stands on a cast-iron globe encircled with the words E Pluribus Unum, the national motto at the time of her placement atop the dome."

Crawford was commissioned to design the Statue of Freedom in 1855 from a sketch drawing and executed the plaster model for the statue in his studio in Rome.

statue-freedom.jpg

Capitol Building History

"Six groups of figures line the perimeter of the canopy; the following list begins below the central group and proceeds clockwise:
•War, with Armed Freedom and the eagle defeating Tyranny and Kingly Power

•Science, with Minerva teaching Benjamin Franklin, Robert Fulton, and Samuel F.B. Morse

•Marine, with Neptune holding his trident and Venus holding the transatlantic cable, which was being laid at the time the fresco was painted

•Commerce, with Mercury handing a bag of money to Robert Morris, financier of the American Revolution

•Mechanics, with Vulcan at the anvil and forge, producing a cannon and a steam engine

•Agriculture, with Ceres seated on the McCormick Reaper, accompanied by America in a red liberty cap and Flora picking flowers.
You may see it up close here. and quotes from here.

However, nothing as blashphemous as Jamie Foxx's call to praise their Lord and Savior Barrack Obama - Barrack Obama!

Free Masons.

He's not Muslim. He's not Kenyan. He doesn't have a "thug life" nature, whatever the heck that means. Get. Over. It.

Oops.

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube

Upvote 0