Beyond the Horizon

Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part 1…

Sitting quitely on an oak school bench was Martha Scnieder. She was very reserved and timid. Around her parents she was more outgoing and expressive. Her mother, Christy, works as a family doctor at Mt. Carmel. David Scnieder, her father, is a college proffessor.
"Hey Martha!!" Marhta quickly looked up to see R.J. McDaniel. He had soft brown hair, bright eyes and was very gregarious. He was an intelligent boy, but he usually got C’s and sometimes D’s. They remained best friends, since they first met in the 5th grade.
"Hey R.J." Martha said smiling
"Well....what are you doing? It looks dull."
"Geometry. I hate it, but if I want to pass the class I have to do a good job." R.J. nodded, then sat next to her. He looked at her for a few moments then a smile played on his face. Out of the side of Martha's eye she could see R.J. looking at her. Martha was actually a pretty girl. She had long blonde hair, chestnut brown eyes, soft pink lips and a slight tan from going to the beach the previous month.
"Well....catch you in Spanish!" R.J. slowly got up and walked away, looking back quickly then grining.
"Bye!!" exclaimed Martha
He is sooo cute! Martha straightened up. Wait!! He's my best friend! I can't have a crush on him!!!

The bell rang, and she hurriedly gathered her thoughts and her books and rushed to class. As she walked in, the spanish teacher, Senor Ristev, looked extremely cross.
"Cuando llegas tarde, necesitas me escribe dos oraciones sobre por que llegaste tarde. Nosotros vamos!"
Her face was a muddle of confusion. "What?" Martha asked herself
As she sat down, RJ leaned over. He smiled that adorable but oh-so-confusing smile and whispered, "Two sentences on why you were late."
"Thanks!" she said, smiling and looking into his eyes. He stared back, and soon they were lost in a sea of each other's eyes, completely oblivious to the spanish around them. RJ's eyes were intensely boring into hers; they'd never been like that before.
"Chico!" Senor Ristev slapped his hand down on RJ's desk. "Back to planet Earth, please!"

After class, all of the students departed. Martha slowly gathered her things, contemplating why RJ acted so weird. While Martha was walking down the hall to second period, she wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on around her. Whack! She slamed into a football jock.
“Oh my Gosh! I’m so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention.” She quickly bent over and helped him pick up his books and papers that were littered across the hall.
“It’s okay.” The football jock looked at her with a wide smile. “I kind of needed to wake up anyway!” Martha looked down to try to hide her blushing.
“Well, here is your last paper.” Martha handed him the cream colored notebook page. The Jock took it with his eyes planted on her.
“You know….you’re a cute girl.” He turned around and walked past her with a small smile on his face. Martha stood there in shock. A football jock said I was cute!! She continued down the hall trying to repress her grin.

Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Yes! Of course you can come over Ashley… No, it won’t be any trouble.” Christy hung up the telephone.
“What was that all about?” Debbie Boyle, Christy’s work associate asked. Christy lifted her cup of hot coffee to her face.
“My neighbor is having marital problems. Ashley and her husband got into a an argument over whether or not to have kids. Ashley wants some, but Richard, her husband, doesn’t.” Christy took a sip of the steaming coffee and let out a small sigh. “I wish they would get along. Personally, I don’t think they should have gotten married in the first place.”
Debbie got a weird expression on her face. “Why? When they were engaged you said they made a cute couple. Did you change your mind?” Debbie leaned in, waiting for an answer. Christy thought for a moment.
“You’re right. When I found out Ashley was engaged to him, I thought they made a good couple. Well, after they returned from their honeymoon, they got into this big argument. Ashley told me about it and I tried to console her, but then she told me that he was not a believer and didn’t serve Jesus. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe Ashley would make such a foolish decision.”
“So……you think just because Richard is unsaved, they shouldn’t have married and that Ashley was being foolish for marrying him?” Debbie had a hint of anger in her voice.
“Exactly. The Lord is completely against it.”
Debbie got up and gathered her things. “I can’t believe you Christy! I know you serve the Lord and all, but I just can’t believe you!”
“I’m sorry if I offended you Deb, but……..” Christy trailed off. Debbie was eaisly offended when it came to religious issues. Christy tried to avoid getting into conflicts with her, but sometimes it was inevitable.
“See you tomorrow.” Debbie quickly walked out of the office. Almost as soon as she was gone, a tall slightly built man walked in. Christy confidently looked up. There was something strange about him, but she couldn’t tell what.

“May I help you?” Christy tried to hide her curiosity
“The Lord your God has seen you trials and tribulations and is well pleased by your obedience.” His words came out strong and powerful. It was almost like hearing the voice of the thunder.
Christy looked at the tall man. Normally she would have been frightened and called someone to come into her office, but she felt a peace that was beyond words. Christy examined him more closely. His hands were sturdy, though you could see the tenderness of each finger. The man had a gentleness about him, but you could see the profound power he held. The man’s face showed strength and confidence. His eyes, oh, his eyes were what really made Christy be in awe. The man’s eye’s looked like they glowed with fire, but you could see the purity and clarity within eachone.
Christy began to lift out of her chair, but the man motioned his hand showing her to stay seated. “Are….you an angel?” the words blurted out of her mouth.
The tall man looked at her and a slight smile went across his lips. Christy looked down for an instant, trying to locate a pen to write down what was happening, but when she looked back up, the man was gone.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Martha quickly walked over to a free seat near RJ and sat her tray of food down. “Hey Martha!” greeted RJ as he watched her begin to sip her lemonade.
“Hey.” She replied unfocused. Martha was still thinking about how RJ looked at her in spanish. Does he like me?
Tiffany joined the two. Tiffany is Martha and RJ’s bestfriend. Her curly long auburn hair was held back in a golden clip. She was wearing a new shirt. It was emerald green. The color enhanced her ebony skin.
“Hey guys!! What’s up?” Tiffany examined them both. Martha was playing with her food. “Martha, are you okay? You seem distracted.”
Martha shrugged slightly. “Oh, I’m fine.” Tiffany’s expression showed her dibelief.
“I’m going to get some napkins. I’ll be back in a moment.” Martha lifted out from the table and walked toward the lunch counter where the food was being served. RJ watched her as she did so. Tiffany saw the dreaminess in his expression as he watched Martha.
“You like Martha, don’t you!” stated Tiffany with a grin
RJ turned to her with a slight blush. “You’re right. I do like her.” He said while still looking at Martha.
“Why don’t you ask her out?”
“No. She’s not my type.” RJ took a bite of his cheese pizza.
“If she’s not your type, then why do you like her?” probed Tiffany
RJ didn’t say anything for a few moments. “I don’t know if she likes me. Atleast not the way I like her.”
“I’ll ask her how she feels about you.”
“No!” RJ sat up straighter. “I rather you not.”
“Why are you acting like this? You aren’t a shy guy.” Tiffany waited for an explaination.

Martha walked up to the utencils table and pulled out several napkins from a container. She looked behind her to where RJ and Tiffany were sitting. They were talking about something. Martha liked RJ—a lot, but she wasn’t sure if he liked her back. How he looked at her in spanish revealed that he might, but she didn’t want to get her hopes too high.
Martha walked back to her table. RJ and Tiffany instantly looked at her. RJ looked a little nervous. Why does RJ look so nervous? Martha thought to herself.
“Martha, I want to talk to you.” Tiffany had a small grin on her face.
“Sure. What do you want to talk about?” she took a sip of her lemonade. Tiffany quickly looked at RJ, then back to Martha.
“Well…” she hesitated, “I kind of want to talk to you alone.” Martha’s brow furrowed slightly, but she lifted from the table and followed Tiffany to the girl’s restroom.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Okay, what’s all this about?” demanded Martha
Tiffany got a big grin on her face.
“RJ likes you!”
Martha was awe struck. She stared at Tiffany for a few moments, then began to laugh from sheer joy.
“He likes me? Are you serious?!”
“As serious as a heart attack! He was nervous about asking you out because he didn’t know if you liked him or not.”
“Of course I like him!! I’ll tell him.” Martha approched the door, but Tiffany grabed her arm.
“What?” Martha asked with concern
“Well...he also didn’t ask you out because he said you’re not his type.” A look of disapointment went across Martha’s face.
“How am I not his type?” she asked quietly
“He said you’re too quiet.”
Martha slipped out of Tiffany’s grip and and walked back to the lunch room. RJ was sitting at the table playing with the small amount of food left on his plate.

“Hey Martha. So how was the talk with Tiffany?” He forced a smile.
Martha looked at RJ. Tears were slowly streaming down her cheecks. RJ was tooken back for a moment. Wow, she really does like me. I hope she will stay my friend.
“You think I’m too quiet?” blurted Martha
RJ put his hand on Martha’s shoulder, but she pushed it off immediately.
“I’m sorry if I hurt you, but---”
“But what? You still want to stay friends?!” Martha quickly got up and left the lunchroom. RJ sat at the table with his hand on his forehead. Maybe I should ask her out.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The school day went slowly for Martha. The seventh period bell rang. It marked the end of the school day. She wrote down the nights homework and quickly gathered her things. She didn’t wan to miss her bus, so Martha rushed to her locker and got her things.
“I can’t wait to go home.” sighed Martha. She walked through the hallway and amid a large crowd of kids also heading out of the school. Martha followed the crowd out through the main entrance.
Large yellow buses lined the street next to the sidewalk. Number 73, where is it? Martha stayed in front of the school looking for her bus. There it is. She was beginning to walk toward her bus when RJ spotted her and quickly tried to catch up.
“Hey, I hope I didn’t hurt you. I’m sorry.” Martha glanced over her shoulder. RJ was walking behind her.
“It’s okay.” She dejectedly said. Martha continued walking toward her bus. The buses were starting their engines. She sped up her pase. RJ sped up with her and ended up beside her.
“Give me a hug Martha.” Martha stopped and turned to RJ. His arms were outstreched. Martha opened her arms and embraced him. RJ embraced her back. They stood in each other’s arms for several moments.
“Hey girly! You’d better get in this bus before I get on outta here and leave you!”
Martha and RJ got out of each other’s arms and looked at the middle aged man that just spoke to Martha.
Martha looked at RJ. “Well, I have to go. See you tomorrow!”
“See you, Martha.” RJ quickly turned around and ran onto his bus. Martha watched him, then quickly got onto her bus.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“That’s what happened David!” Christy was on the phone talking to her husband about what she experienced several hours previous. “No, I’m not kidding. It happened several hours ago. I couldn’t call you sooner because I had appointments.” Christy put the phone between her ear and shoulder and reached over to her suit jacket. She put it on and concluded the congressation with her husband.
“Okay honey, I’ll see you in a few. Bye.” She hung up the phone and picked up her work bag. While she was walking through the building heading for the exit she continued contemplating the words that the man said. “The Lord your God has seen your trials and tribulations and is well pleased.” Wow!! I still can’t believe it.
It was true. Christy had been going through some severe persecution from work associates and fellow doctors. Some of her clients even gossiped behind her back. A few days ago one of her clients requested another doctor because she had a cross in her office.
Christy got into her silver Honda Accord and started the engine. She cautiously pulled out of the driveway and headed home.

“Hello Martha!” greeted Martha’s father as she entered the house. Martha dropped her bookbag to the ground and sat on the velvet rose colored sofa in the Living room.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.” Martha said plainly
Her father sat next to her on the sofa. “I know somethings up. You can tell me.” Martha said nothing. Her father got off of the couch and walked to the den. Martha got up a few minuets after her father and marched up the white carpet stairs. When she reached her room she went inside and gently closed the door behind her.
Martha’s room was her escape. Whenever she had a bad day or just didn’t feel like dealing with anyone she went into her room. Her room was bright and organized. In the center was her canopy bed. It had a pastel green comforter with images of flowers and leaves. The pillows matched. The sheets underneath it were white with horizontal stripes of the same shade of green. The rest of the pieces in her room matched the wood of the canopy bed and had the same design.
Over her bed was a large picture of a garden. It was in a golden frame. All throughout her room were pictures of scenic views and landscapes. Her bay window was covered with silk pastel green curtains to match the rest of the room. In clear vases were various silk flowers of all colors and sizes. Martha’s room was a picture of perfection. Even along the crown molding were images of floweres, birds and butterflies.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christy pulled up into the driveway. She pushed the garage door opener button. The garage door opened and she parked the car inside. Christy clutched her briefcase after closing the garage door and approched the door that led into the kitchen. Before she reached it, David opened the door. Christy jumped back, almost hitting the car.
“David!! You startled me.”
David began to laugh. He walked up to Christy and gave her a kiss.
“I missed you.” Christy gazed into his rich brown eyes and relized just how much she loved him. She leaned her head on his shoulder.
“I missed you too David. Today has been a long day. I just want to sit down and relax.”
“What about that “angel” you saw today?” Christy took her head off of his shoulder.
“I’ll tell you more about it later. Besides, I want Martha to hear about it as well.”
David gave Christy an ackward glance. He wasn’t so sure that Christy really saw an angel.
“Okay.” David said. They both walked into the house.

Martha’s pillow was wet with tears. She had been in her room for three hours crying. She liked RJ very much. The only problem was that she was too quiet. Martha sat up on her bed. She leaned over and plucked a tissue out of a box. While she was wiping her face a thought came to her mind.
“Maybe I can get RJ to ask me out.” Martha got off of her bed and picked up her cordless phone. She dialed Tiffany’s phone number. After several rings, someone picked up the phone.
“Hello?” The voice on the phone asked.
“This is Martha. Is Tiffany there?”
“Hey Martha!!”, exclaimed Tiffany, “I’m so glad you called I –“
Martha interrupted her. “Can you come over?” There was silence on the line for a moment, but Tiffany spoke.
“Sure. When?”
“Now, if you can.”
“What’s the big rush?” Tiffany’s voice sounded concerned.
Martha thought about whether or not she should tell Tiffany. If I tell her, she might not come over because she thinks it’s stupid. I probably should wait untill she gets here, then tell her, thought Martha.
“I’ll tell you when you get here. Just come over!”
“Okay, I’ll be there is ten minuets.”
“Thanks Tiff!” Martha hung up the phone and let out a sigh of relief.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Martha, your mother is home. Come down here. It’s time for dinner.” Called David
“Just a minute dad.” Martha went into her bathroom and washed her face and hands. Then she speedily ran down the stairs. Christy turned around from the food she was preparing when she heard Martha walk into the kitchen.
“Hello honey. How was your day?” Christy tried to read her expression, but couldn’t come to a conclusion.
“It was okay.” Martha replied plainly. Martha opened the refrigerator and took a can of lemon-lime soda. Christy looked at her again curiously.
“Your father told me that you seemed kind of sad when you got home from school.”
“No, I’m fine.”
“You know Martha, if there is ever something bothering you, you can always come to me or your father.”
“There’s nothing bothering me.” Martha said annoyed. She walked back into the livingroom and began to drink her can of soda. Sitting across from her was David. He was reading the newspaper.
“Um….dad?” asked Martha
David looked at her immediately. “What Martha?”
“I asked Tiffany to come over. Is it okay if she stays for dinner?”
David’s expression became unreadable. He quickly looked at his watch, then back to Martha. A small grin played over his features and he nodded his head.
“Thanks dad!” Martha put her soda on the coffee table and gave her father a hug.
After Martha released him he let out a chuckle. “Christy, you need to add another plate to the table. Tiffany is coming over for dinner.”

After dinner Tiffany and Martha went upstairs. Martha left a small crack betweent the door and the wall.
“Okay Martha, why did you want me to come here?” Tiffany sat on the corner of Martha’s bed with a questioning expression. Martha sat next to her.
“Well, I think I have an idea about how I can get RJ to ask me out.”
“Are you kidding?”, exclaimed Tiffany, “You can’t make someone ask you out.”
“I can try can’t I?” Tiffany let out a sigh and stood to her feet.
“What’s your plan?”
“Well…..”, began Martha, “I’m going to try to be more talkative and extroverted.” Tiffany frowned. Martha’s expression became puzzled.
“RJ likes you like you are. You don’t need to change yourself.”
“Remember lunch today. You dragged me to the bathroom and told me that RJ said I was too quiet.”
“He might think you are too quiet, but he really likes you.” Martha contemplated Tiffany’s words. She’s right. RJ likes me just as I am.
“In that case, I guess I’ll just continue being myself.” Tiffany smiled and gave Martha a hug.
Tiffany stayed at Martha’s house a few more hours then left. Martha was both dreading and anticipating seeing RJ the next day.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The next day Martha arrived at school refreshed and happy. She dropped her bookbag off in her locker and headed to Spanish. Martha wanted to be early this time, so instead of conversing with Jessica, her friend from Health, she went straight to class. She also did her homework the night before. As soon as she walked into the Spanish class, RJ was there waiting for her.
“Hey Martha!” greeted RJ with a warm smile
“Hey!”, responded Martha as she put her books on her desk. RJ looked extra energized today and this made Martha curious.
RJ got directly in front of Martha. “Do you want to go out on a date with me after school today?” Martha’s eyes lit up and a large smile formed on her face.
“I’d love to. What time exactly?” RJ thought a moment.
“How about 5:30 p.m.”
“Great!”
RJ went back to his seat which was next to her’s and sat down. Martha could hardly stop smiling. Through the whole class she had a huge smile on her face and could hardly believe what just happened.

Lunch time came and Martha looked for Tiffany. After several minuets of looking Martha spotted her.
“I have great news!” exclaimed Martha after she barely missed slamming into Tiffany.
“Goodness, it must be wonderful!”
“It is! RJ asked me out!” Tiffany’s expression became disappointed.
“What’s wrong Tiff?” Martha became concerned
“Oh….it’s nothing.”, Tiffany produced a weary smile, “I’m just a little tired.”
“You seemed wide awake before I told you the news.”
“It just came over me all of a sudden. Lets go to a table and meet up with RJ.” Martha and Tiffany found the table where RJ was and sat with him. While RJ was talking about the hard algebra test he just took, Martha’s thoughts filled with confussion. Why did Tiffany become so disappointed after I told her RJ asked me out? She seemed happy for me yesterday when She found out RJ liked me. Suddenly it hit Martha, Tiffany likes RJ!
Martha reached across the table to Tiffany. RJ stopped what he was saying.
“Tiffany, can I talk to you in the bathroom?”
“Sure” Tiffany and Martha got up. Martha told RJ where they were going and he continued his conversation with a boy sitting next to him.
When Martha and Tiffany entered the bathroom Martha leaned against the wall.
“Why didn’t you tell me you like RJ?” Tiffany’s cheeks flushed and she bent her head down , then looked at Martha again.
“I knew you liked RJ. I didn’t want to get into a battle with you over him. When I found out he liked you, I knew I didn’t have a chance with him.”
“Why did you act so happy when you found out he like me?”
“Well, I knew I didn’t have a chance with him, so I decided to be happy for you and move on.” Martha’s eyes began to water.
“You are the best friend I’ve ever had!” Martha and Tiffany gave each other a big hug. When they released each other, Tiffany had tear stains on her cheeks.
“Is it okay with you if I go out with RJ, because if its not---“
“No!! Go out with him. He asked you and I know how much you want to go out with him.” Martha gave Tiffany another hug and they walked back to the cafeteria.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“I can’t believe she’s going on her first date!” exclaimed Christy to David.
“I know. She has been friends with RJ for several years now though. That makes me feel much better about it.” David took a long sip of tea and let out a relaxed sigh.
“I’m ready! Do you want to see?”, shouted Martha from the top of the stairs.
“Of course!” replied Christy
Martha slowly walked down the stairs. She was wearing striped dress pants, a silk lavender shirt and a golden pendant necklace. Her hair was up in a elegant bun with several curly locks of hair hanging loose.
“You look beautiful.” Commented Christy as she got up and gave Martha a hug.
“Yes, you look wonderful. Now, you two will behave yourselves, right?” Martha gave a funny expression.
“Yea dad.”
“Okay….so, are you ready for me to drive you over to Max and Ermma’s?” asked Christy
“You bet mom!” Martha gave her dad a quick hug and followed her mother to the car in the garage.

Christy pulled the car into a parkig spot. Martha began to shake.
“It’s okay Martha”, Christy gently lay her hand on Martha’s shoulder, “First dates are always a little scary at first.”
“I’ll call you when the date is over.”
“Okay. Have fun!” Martha smiled and left the car. She approched the front door and quickly gave a goodbye wave to her mother.
When Martha reached the front door she breathed in deeply and let out a large sigh. Just breath Martha, just breath! She opened the door and walked up to the counter. Martha told the waitress about the reservation and how RJ should have reserved seates.
“Okay ma’am. Follow me.” The lady was wearing a black skirt and apron with a white shirt. Her hair was very well set into style and didn’t even have one loose strand of hair. The waitress’ earring were small and circular, yet sparkled of real diamonds.
Martha spotted RJ. RJ also saw her approching with the waitress and a warm toothy smiled played over his features.
“Here you go ma’am. I’ll be back shortly to get your orders.” The lady quickly walked away.
“You look great!” complimented RJ
Martha’s cheeks flushed slightly, but she grined. “Thank you.”
“What are you going to order?”, asked RJ as he picked up the menu. Martha picked up her menu and examined the various dishes.
“I’m not sure. I think I might have lasaugna.”
“That’s sounds good. I might have some myself.” RJ looked up at Martha. Martha saw him looking at her from the tops of her eyes and she met his gaze. RJ leaned in slightly. “Can I kiss you?”, he whispered. Martha froze for a moment, then she nodded her head. They both leaned in and their lips met. It lasted for several moments, then RJ released his lips from her’s and leaned back into his chair. Martha’s heart was racing. He kissed me! RJ smiled.
“Are still going to order the lasaugna?”
“Yes, I am.” Martha tried to keep her cool, but couldn’t help but begin to laugh. RJ looked at her amused.
“You okay?”, asked RJ. Martha tried to control her gigling. Several people were looking at her strangely. Eventually she got herself under control.
“ I’m fine now.” RJ nodded and gave her another warm smile.
The waitress arrived again and took their orders. Martha and RJ talked about all kinds of things and enjoyed each others company.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At home Ashley, Christy’s friend, arrived and Christy and David were trying to console her. Ashley had crimson colored hair that barely reached her shoulders and freckles. Her eyes were a deep brown with a hint of yellow. Ashley’s beige ¾ length shirt, dress skirt and heels gave her a very professional appearance.
“I just don’t know what to do.”, whimpered Ashley. Christy handed her a tissue and gave David a worried look.
“It will be okay. Just give Richard some time. Eventually he’ll want kids.”, persuaded David. Ashley looked at him sharply.
“I don’t want to wait to have kids. I want children now!”, she demanded, “I’m going home. Neither of you understand.” Ashley bolted up and rushed to the front door. David stayed seated, but Christy ran over to Ashley before she reached the door.
“Ashley stop! We’re trying to help you.”
“You’re of no help at all!” Ashley’s Irish accent was very audible. Ashley pulled out of Christy’s grip and opened the door. She glanced at Christy, and gave a hateful look to David. Ashley slammed the door and left. Christy stared at the door for a moment with a shocked expression. David walked up to her and walked her back to the sofa.
“I’ve never seen Ashley so angry. I’m fearful for her and Richard.” Commented Christy
“Don’t worry. Ashley will calm down. After she does, she’ll see how foolish she has acted and apologize.” Christy rested her head on David’s shoulder.
“I’m not so sure. I have a strange feeling that something bad is going to happen.” Christy let out a concerned sigh and closed her eyes. David wraped his arms around her and comforted her.

That's the end of part one!!!!

Upvote 0