Duncan
✟9,838.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Money changes everything. If you have it, you can do much, if you don't you can do little. Now before everyone jumps all over me on this let's define what money is. It is a medium of exchange that represents real goods and services. It should also possess several characteristics which I won't go into. I am not a lover of money, but I have researched it enough to know that it is involved in everything that we do. We haven't had an honest money system for many decades and the result has been a serious depreciation in the purchasing power of our currency. We currently see the prices of real goods and services skyrocketing, but what is actually happening is that our currencies are being devalued against tangible things. Unsound money practices will usher in an economic crisis that will change the way we do things in the near future, and it will affect families, churches and charities. When families can't afford to put food on their tables, there won't be anything left over for our contemporary church models which require large sums of money to keep the machinery rolling. I know that it is hard to imagine a scenario like this, since we haven't seen a real crisis like that for nearlly a hundred years, but we are not so advanced that it can't happen again. I believe that it will not only happen again, but this time it will be even more devastating and widespread. The church needs to be prepared for this and different church models that are more efficient, and effective, I might add, need to be explored. House churches is an option. I propose a model that requires more commitment than either house churches or the contemporary model of church. It goes beyond house churches. I believe it to be the best option to mitigate the coming crisis.

<Staff edit>

I live in Canada and am looking for others in Canada to join me in this effort.

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you would like to see more relative to this man's advertising he shares here: Hang together or hang separately There was noone but me who cared to contribute there but some of the things said there are revealing. It was just another ad for his community from another angle. He seems to be quite the politician. Such a community as he is proposing demands government and law enforcement along with Church discipline. Is there to be open disclosure and representative govmt? Ask him about these things. Is there going to be same sex marriage and the like things? Christians are still sinners, unfortunately. Checks and balances and rules can't be avoided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might be helpful for church gatherings to not depend so much on money. I know of some gatherings as Bible-only fellowships, which only have the funds that the local saints give to meet the basic real needs, and to send forth to servants in God fulltime traveling all over the world to spread the Word of God. No one in a local assembly should be on salary, as the Bible shows us.
One can read more of this kind of testimony at the Biblecounsel.net web site, which seeks to show what God intends for His testimony in the world.

Upvote 0