Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully the new generation that is supposedly fostering all of this (my own; the Millennials) will look back on this time like the by-now 40-something Generation X-ers look at how they wasted their teens and twenties being depressed and worshiping rock stars who killed themselves and such. "Wow, we really wasted our time trawling a politician's old Twitter/Facebook, looking for things to 'bust' them on from 15 years before they entered politics, when they were young and dumb college or high school kids? Dear God, who has that kind of time? I wish I could get it all back now!"

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am reminded of something the lapsed Anglican priest Alan Watts once wrote, when he was still alive:

"As is the nature of revolutions, the revolution against God gives place to the worse tyranny of the absolutist state–worse because it cannot even forgive, and because it recognizes nothing outside the powers of its jurisdiction. For while the latter was theoretically true of God, his earthly representative the Church was always prepared to admit that though the laws of God were immutable, no one could presume to name the limits of his mercy. When the throne of the Absolute is left vacant, the relative usurps it and commits the real idolatry, the real indignity against God–the absolutizing of a
concept, a conventional abstraction."

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Under this new regime there is no chance of appeal- and no statute of limitations. ;)

Continued below.
Beware the Woke Police

My college were I work I fear is full of them but they know my position and thankfully don't brother me

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,316.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't got much time for Justin Trudeau, although I'm not Canadian. But even so, when his detractors bring up stuff from the ancient past like his "blackface" episode, which took place years ago, my first thought about his critics is "Well, I hope you're clear with the Almighty, because He really is going to bring up YOUR every sin."

Trudeau seeks to put blackface scandal behind him

It's time these people gave this ancient history a miss. Public figures are human - they make mistakes, sometimes stupid, just like the rest of us.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0