Beware the False. The devil in angels clothing.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, what sort of an example are you setting so that you are representing Christ so that lost sinners are drawn to Him through your ministry and sharing of the gospel?

Are you not, with your comments putting a curse on the church around you with all its imperfections, faults and shortcoming? What do you think might happen if you wrote the names of all the church people you know in your diary and prayed God's blessing on them every day? Would that not lead you to see that the church bucket is half-full instead of half-empty?

Are you perfect? Have you never sinned? Because only a perfect, person who has never sinned in his life has the right to throw stones at other sinners in imperfect churches.
Oscar you make the assumption someone has been condemned to death by stoning lol.
Correction is not condemnation .
Next you'll be saying we must not preach the gospel to people in case we condemn them.
Which makes no sense.

Something in my post has irked you .
But when our conscience is clear ww are unmoved. Perhaps deal with that thing.
We are entrusted this truth of the Gospel and Will give account for how we handeld it.
In the face of being most unpopular i will not compromise it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When we a disallowed to bring correction to obvious error we have strayed far from truth indeed.
But do you have the qualifications to do that? Are you a part of a team of good men with sound doctrine, or are you a "lone ranger" trying to exercise your own version of control on others?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscar you make the assumption someone has been condemned to death by stoning lol.
Correction is not condemnation .
Next you'll be saying we must not preach the gospel to people in case we condemn them.
Which makes no sense.

Something in my post has irked you .
But when our conscience is clear ww are unmoved. Perhaps deal with that thing.
We are entrusted this truth of the Gospel and Will give account for how we handeld it.
In the face of being most unpopular i will not compromise it.
The question is about whether you are an accredited and respected Christian leader who is recognised by the body of Christ to give doctrinal teaching and correction.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is about whether you are an accredited and respected Christian leader who is recognised by the body of Christ to give doctrinal teaching and correction.
Accredited by man or God ...?
When people think only man made organisations can give permission to speak truth.thats a state where they display whom the really serve.because then they place controls and regulations over the truth and decry those who speak it.
In the rcc this led them to murder those outside thier man made hierachy.
In the protestant/lutheran churches.they also murdered people who they deemed to be working without thier man made permissions.

It is notable that the religious institution also asked of JESUS.. By whose authority do you teach...
And later murdered him

• Winner
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Accredited by man or God ...?
When people think only man made organisations can give permission to speak truth.thats a state where they display whom the really serve.because then they place controls and regulations over the truth and decry those who speak it.
In the rcc this led them to murder those outside thier man made hierachy.
In the protestant/lutheran churches.they also murdered people who they deemed to be working without thier man made permissions.

It is notable that the religious institution also asked of JESUS.. By whose authority do you teach...
And later murdered him
The fact remains, if you are a "lone ranger" and are not accredited by other faithful men and women in the body of Christ who recognise that your ministry is from God, you have no right to teach. If you decide to be a teacher in the body of Christ without being recognised, then you will be teaching error instead of truth.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
But do you have the qualifications to do that? Are you a part of a team of good men with sound doctrine, or are you a "lone ranger" trying to exercise your own version of control on others?
Its got nothing to do with qualifications has it?
Alithis is just making his own judgement about the institutional church, just as you are making your own judgement about Alithis and his views.

And where does it say judgement needs "qualifications", you only have to look through history and scripture to see that it was invariably men of "qualification" who consistently persecuted and killed believers.

True judgement comes from hearing what the Holy Spirit says, and that is what Alithis said in the OP..

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Its got nothing to do with qualifications has it?
Alithis is just making his own judgement about the institutional church, just as you are making your own judgement about Alithis and his views.

And where does it say judgement needs "qualifications", you only have to look through history and scripture to see that it was invariably men of "qualification" who consistently persecuted and killed believers.

True judgement comes from hearing what the Holy Spirit says, and that is what Alithis said in the OP..
I'm just saying that in order to ensure that one is holding and teaching sound doctrine, he or she needs to be part of a team of good, faithful men and women of God who can mentor and correct. I am privileged to be part of a group of sound and faithful men of God who will (and they do) sort me out when I say or do something that needs correction.

There is a danger in being a "lone ranger" working on his own, not being subject to other trusted men of God who will be faithful in guidance and correction where it is needed.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The fact remains, if you are a "lone ranger" and are not accredited by other faithful men and women in the body of Christ who recognise that your ministry is from God, you have no right to teach.
I cannot believe I am reading such unbiblical drivel.
Alithis has a God given right to teach and you have no power or right to stop him.
But this is all about control and manipulation from the institutional system against someone who walks in freedom.

If you decide to be a teacher in the body of Christ without being recognised, then you will be teaching error instead of truth.
So all teaching is error, unless the teacher is approved by the hierarchy of the church. Lol
You forget that Jesus and the apostles were never recognised were they?

The only recognition required for any of the ministries is from Christ himself, and it is entirely the choice of believers whether they listen or not.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact remains, if you are a "lone ranger" and are not accredited by other faithful men and women in the body of Christ who recognise that your ministry is from God, you have no right to teach. If you decide to be a teacher in the body of Christ without being recognised, then you will be teaching error instead of truth.
And this means they can all teach error instead of truth because they recognise one another? Sounds like a carfully laid out scheme to keep control over others .
Have you recently attended a bible college ?
Sounds like the kind of fluff they come out with.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I cannot believe I am reading such unbiblical drivel.
Alithis has a God given right to teach and you have no power or right to stop him.
But this is all about control and manipulation from the institutional system against someone who walks in freedom.

So all teaching is error, unless the teacher is approved by the hierarchy of the church. Lol
You forget that Jesus and the apostles were never recognised were they?

The only recognition required for any of the ministries is from Christ himself, and it is entirely the choice of believers whether they listen or not.
No one can stop anyone from teaching what they like, but to get genuine believers to take the time to listen to and accept it is quite another matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
And this means they can all teach error instead of truth because they recognise one another? Sounds like a carfully laid out scheme to keep control over others .
Have you receny attended a bible college ?
Sounds like the kind of fluff they come out with.
As I said in another thread: Anyone can teach and preach what they like, but it is quite another matter for people to take the time to listen to and accept what is taught.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said in another thread: Anyone can teach and preach what they like, but it is quite another matter for people to take the time to listen to and accept what is taught.
People will gather to themselves the teachers after thier own ears saying that which they want to hear.
But im confused .as this thread is about the danger of listening to preachers or teachers which after thier many fine words lead people to " a lie "
and this happens mostly in the scenario where only monologue is allowed .
Setting up an enviroment where none feel they have the right to challange what is being preached.
That enviroment is the hierachial system of control . it is not and has never been of God .
And scripture proves it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
People will gather to themselves the teachers after thier own ears saying that which they want to hear.
But im confused .as this thread is about the danger of listening to preachers or teachers which after thier many fine words lead people to " a lie "
and this happens mostly in the scenario where only monologue is allowed .
Setting up an enviroment where none feel they have the right to challange what is being preached.
That enviroment is the hierachial system of control . it is not and has never been of God .
And scripture proves it.
I think this thread has become just a two-horse debate which is going nowhere fast. I think that it has seen its day, so I'm outa here.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this thread has become just a two-horse debate which is going nowhere fast. I think that it has seen its day, so I'm outa here.
In another thread you post almost the oppisite issue which i raised here also
The issue of extremist sensationism (you refered it to charasmatic groups)
Where everything is about tangible manifestation ( better phrased as "stuff you can feel" ) which is actually seeking a carnal gratification .
And on the other extreme i posted warning on the ,equally erroneous, cessationist stance pointing out simply that the lord showed me any teaching or preaching which leads to a lie is not Of the holy Spirit no matter how wonderful it sounds up to that point.

For some reason you "went at me " over it.
Quite uncharacteristically .

Upvote 0