United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Secret agenda?
Give me a break. One world currency, religion, and goverment. They wanna put a chip in you to track you. Amish said is Mark of the beast. They use these chips to track animals everywhere. Wildlife, cattle, pets. Note the first time beast was used in bible was when God created the animals.

• Informative
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I beware of both the left wing and the right wing media, as they usually fail to include all truth.

But not even the wisest men here have wisdom ever good enough, save just that they have from Christ and His words.

So, don't put your faith in left or right.

It won't help to avoid a snare on the left just to fall into a snare on the right.

Just curious, what is the snare on the right?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you suggesting that conservative media does not do this as well?

I noticed there was mix in there..not all conservative.

Which is why on many issues you should include alternative sources into your news diet.

Whenever they are all saying the same thing.... they have been orchestrated.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure any article says just that. But article after article does claim police target black people. And article after article claims police kill more blacks the whites dispraportionately. All you need to do is look it up. This giving the impression that police target blacks and because they do they kill more of them

The danger of that is it leaves out data that is vital to the conversation. Do police stop more blacks? Yes they do. But do the articles ever say why? No they don't.
In NYC under Giuliani and until just recently, it was deliberate policy.

The cops stop more black people because more black people commit crimes.
I doubt that is true, but lower class crime is treated more harshly.

A traffic study showed that blacks were most likely to speed. Minorities involved in fatalities were more likely to be driving intoxicated and have no valid license.
A traffic study? Huh. Which traffic study was that?

White people are more likely to be the victim of black on white crime than the other way around.
I'm guessing that that depends on the crime. Do you think white collar crime is perpetrated mainly by blacks on whites?

Blacks are more likely to be victims of black on black crime than white on black crime.
How about white on white crime? I suspect that is fairly common.

White police officers are less likely to shoot a black man than black police officers.
Aren't most black officers, black men? Black officers are more likely to be shot by white officers than the other way around.

So the media narrative never gives the full picture.
How can it given time and space constraints? I don't buy your line that there is a single overriding narrative.

And thats what is dangerous and implies that police target blacks only because they are black.
That has not been the implication that I derived from my reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet you could give a list of several names or incidents in America that made national news regarding the death of a black person right off the top of your head. I bet you couldn't do the same for whites killed. I know I couldnt.

It's because it's much more likely to cause a stir if a black person is killed by police than a white person.

Are you aware that cops are 18x more likely to be shot by a black person that the other way around?

Certainly being a cop in the US is a dangerous job, I don't think their approach helps though. Not a lot of hearts and minds is what it looks like. But the point is that these regular accusations flung at the media, pretty much every day on CF, got old a long time ago. I've yet to see anyone post an actual example of something that supports the whole fake news mantra, the closest I've seen is a handful of dubious examples out of literally hundreds of thousands of articles over the course of several years. And yet people appear to be utterly convinced that the news is fake, despite an almost total absence of any evidence for that belief.

Whenever an unarmed person is killed in unusual circumstances, and particularly if there is video of it, it is on the news. Can you show me one example of a situation like that you know of that wasn't featured in at least one news source?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I bet you could give a list of several names or incidents in America that made national news regarding the death of a black person right off the top of your head. I bet you couldn't do the same for whites killed. I know I couldnt.

It's because it's much more likely to cause a stir if a black person is killed by police than a white person.

Are you aware that cops are 18x more likely to be shot by a black person that the other way around?
are you aware that the same study were the 18x claim stems from also shows that a police officer is 165x more likely to be killed by a white person than a police officer is to kill an unarmed white man?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure any article says just that. But article after article does claim police target black people. And article after article claims police kill more blacks the whites dispraportionately. All you need to do is look it up. This giving the impression that police target blacks and because they do they kill more of them

The danger of that is it leaves out data that is vital to the conversation. Do police stop more blacks? Yes they do. But do the articles ever say why? No they don't.

The cops stop more black people because more black people commit crimes.

A traffic study showed that blacks were most likely to speed. Minorities involved in fatalities were more likely to be driving intoxicated and have no valid license.
actually the study you are referencing says that blacks are more likely to be stopped and ticketed for speeding. Research based on video surveillance like Lange (2001, 2005) New Jersey Turnpike Speeding Survey showed that there was "no difference between African-American and White drivers" and speeding.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,451.00
Faith
Pentecostal
actually the study you are referencing says that blacks are more likely to be stopped and ticketed for speeding. Research based on video surveillance like Lange (2001, 2005) New Jersey Turnpike Speeding Survey showed that there was "no difference between African-American and White drivers" and speeding.

The study found this:

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

That African Americans were more likely to speed at high rates (15 mph or more over the speed limit) in 65 mph speed zones, as were young drivers and male drivers. The research concluded a plausible explanation for the findings that African-American drivers were represented among traffic stops at a higher rate than they represented in the population.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just curious, what is the snare on the right?
Well, this one that came to mind may not be only for those on the right, but for some on the left, or center also, but it does at times seem more appealing to those on the right.

We remember the nature of a snare can be subtle at times, and trick people:

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

It can feel or seem right to us in some way...but is not right or ok when it goes against God's emphatic command to us.

This one was visible in the old testament, but also continues in the new:

Old:
Leviticus 19:34 You must treat the foreigner living among you as native-born and love him as yourself, for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

In the New Testament, we see this continued, still, and with emphasis again. Look at both instances:

12“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. 13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

And if we wondered how to apply this, even with the unconditional "whatever you wish" (no exceptions), we see a particular example in another special emphasis passage:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,..."

37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when...did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? ... 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

And for those that don't welcome the stranger, this fate:

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me... .... 46And these will go away into eternal punishment..."

That's not small stakes.

So, now we see the will of God clearly communicated to us all, regardless of how we feel we'd prefer -- we are to welcome the stranger, to love foreigners alike to any other of our neighbors. To "love them as yourself".

This is His Word. Not our will, but His will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The world ends. The world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.
C.S. Lewis

This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang but a whimper.

From TS Elliot's The Hollow Men
(not CS Lewis)

OB

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not with a bang but a whimper.

From TS Elliot's The Hollow Men
(not CS Lewis)

OB
My bad, thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe the left-wing media is deliberately pushing a very dangerous lie that all police officers are attempting to target and murder minorities for no other reason than they are minorities. This action is extremely irresponsible and evil, causing the deaths of too many police officers.

The people who died at the hands of the police had a strong tendency to be involved with crime, were resisting arrest, and demonstrated a complete disregard in following police instructions. The left-wing media seems to take great pains to edit out parts of a video showing a criminal resisting arrest to portray him as an innocent victim.

Statistics have shown that, on average, more whites have died at the hands of the police while resisting arrest than minorities. But if you notice, the left-wing media rarely shows this. They only show these incidents involving minorities -- while hyping, dramatizing, exaggerating, and twisting these incidents to foment a riot!

The left-wing media is trying to foment a nation-wide riot to make the current president look bad. They want to usurp control from him, so that they can carry out their Marxist agenda of enslaving the citizens.

Sincerely,
Al A. Gammate
If only the media were actually left-wing. No, cable news media on both sides tend to favor corporate centrist neoliberalism rather than progressive or Marxist political philosophy, due undoubtedly to the corporations which fund them.

You’re being fed this narrative that all networks except for Fox and Friends support literal permanent abolition of the police in favor of an authoritarian dictatorship, and meanwhile those networks are telling their viewers that Fox is platforming nazis, pearl-clutching about peaceful protests, and airing pro-war propaganda.
They paint one another as such extremes partly because dramatic conflicts drive viewership, but also because they don’t want you exploring what’s further left or right of the cable networks. They want you to think the spectrum of political views you find on network television is an exhaustive range, when really they only occupy a small, sanitized section in the center-Right. As long as all the controversy remains within that small area, they know they’re not existentially threatened. As always, everything serves the corporatists’ bottom line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Reading a news article about a police shooting is hardly the same as reading a news article that states: "all police officers are attempting to target and murder minorities for no other reason than they are minorities."

I am asking for a link to a single article that states what the OP is purporting.

Is there actually even a single article that states what the OP is claiming, or are they worried for no verifiable reason? If they are so prevalent, I wouldn't think it difficult to find one and post a link.

Upvote 0