• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Beware of Pre-Tribbers Doomsday Hype

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Davy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Then why is he set loose again for a short time?

2. Jipsah

Jipsah Blood Drinker

+1,783
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Others
    So what our Korean brethren are going through isn't a ghastly tribulation be ause it isn't happening to us?

3. JacksBratt

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    What are you going to do to survive while hell literally breaks loose on earth?

Oh ya... I remember that theory from you before...

I guess our money is the mark of the Queen of England then.

4. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,220
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Agreed. You wouldn't leave your new bride with an abusive person to get beaten up before your wedding, would you?

5. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+334
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Yeah I am aware of all of that in fact I count on all of that.
    Revelation 6:9-11
    Revelation 13:15-17

Do you understand what this means for us?
    If these events were to start taking place right now, we must be ready to die for our testimony of Jesus Christ. Your own family, best friends, your spouse, your CHILDREN may turn you into the hand of the world government to be killed for your faith.
    Starved, imprisoned, beaten, tortured, and ultimately executed.
    If there is anything worth dying for like that it's Jesus Christ.

6. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+334
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    because He wonders if you built your house on the rock, or on the sand..

7. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+17,726
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Where is the being taken into heaven to escape tribulation?

When the Lord returns and the dead are raised, yes, we go up to meet the returning Lord in the air. But there's nothing there about being taken back up into heaven and escaping tribulation.

-CryptoLutheran

8. ViaCrucis

+17,726
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Right. When the Lord returns in glory, the dead are raised, and God makes all things new. We shall ever be with God in the new heavens and new earth.

Isn't it at all possible that, of course, God isn't going to go back on His word? The Lord says, "I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever," (John 14:16).

-CryptoLutheran

9. ViaCrucis

+17,726
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

-CryptoLutheran

10. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+28,518
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    See the church of Philadelphia :)

11. JacksBratt

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I agree

12. JacksBratt

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    And, comfort one another with those words? Really?

13. JacksBratt

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    John 14:16 - Commentary & Verse Meaning - Bible

"a Comforter"; such an one Jesus had been to his disciples; and now he was about to leave them, and for their support under their sorrows, he promises to use his interest with his Father, that he would give them another Comforter, meaning the Spirit,

14. JacksBratt

+4,716
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    That's not an answer to what the Great Tribulation brings... That's talking about the things we all face as Christians in every day life.

15. Kenobi

Kenobi New Member

+16
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus said tribulation is a time of testing.

Revelation 3:10

It's also called the time of Jacob's trouble. Not the world's trouble, but Jacob's. It's never called Israel's trouble.

The Jacob/Israel usages aren't as interchangeable as people make it out to be... Jacob is always used to refer to Jacob acting in the flesh, and Israel when he was acting in the spirit

With that constancy, I do believe the time of tribulation will be a final testing of the nation Israel in the flesh.

Their blindedness will be released and they will realize who the Messiah was, repent to Him (144,000), preach the word of God, and just before Jerusalem is crushed by incoming armies, Jesus will return for the second time.

When Jesus returns for his church, it won't actually be a returning down, but a calling up.

16. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+334
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Yeah, because of Revelation 20, 21, and 22.
    We win in the end. That is the comfort.
    We're spared from the 3 woes. THAT is the comfort.

17. Original Happy Camper

Original Happy Camper One of GODS Children I am a historicist Supporter

+1,113
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    At the end of 1000 years New Jerusalem descends from Heaven to the earth with all of GODS people and the wicked dead are resurrected (second resurrection) and satan is loosed to deceive again those that are lost and they surround the city to capture it then every knee shall bow to the LORD then they are cast into the lake of fire to be no more. We shall walk on their ashes. Sin is destroyed along with death.

18. Original Happy Camper

+1,113
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    type and anti-type

Did GODS people go through the plagues of Egypt?
    Did GOD not protect them on the way to the promised land?
    Did GODS people reach the promised land?

19. Kenobi

Kenobi New Member

+16
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus is coming to reign and rule on the earth. The scroll with the seven seals is a title deed of the land... The physical earth will be as it should have been before the fall of man. Instead of the first Adam ruling, it'll be the second Adam. Fulfilling the promises to Israel of the Messiah's Kingdom. The Throne of David.

Jesus said if the days of tribulation were not cut short there would be no flesh saved... The first resurrection will be us ruling and reigning with Him. The people who survive the tribulation will repopulate the physical Earth. Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years because there will be a final testing for those born during the 1000 year reign, before we all enter eternity.

20. Original Happy Camper

+1,113
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Trust in the LORD

Remember the mana that fell for forty years