Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mark 3:22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.” 23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.” 30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”

When someone claims to do something from God through the power of the holy spirit, and you say it is from Satan, guess what you are doing? "He said this because they were saying He has an impure spirit.

It may be true that these people are doing things through Satan, and it may be true that they are doing it through the Holy Spirit. Just because you do not believe it to be from the holy spirit gives you no right to claim it is from the devil, in fact, that places your very soul in jeopardy.

So what should you do when you think people are teaching wrong? What did Jesus say to do?

There is a passage in the bible (sorry, can't find it right now) where the apostles come to Jesus and say, hey, these people are preaching about you, but we didn't tell them to, they are fmdoing it on their own authority. Jesus said leave them alone, at least my name is being taught. I was never comfortable with this passage, but since my Lord spoke it, I must follow it.

I know the bible teaches that if one has the faith of a mustard seed and tells a mountain to be moved, it will be moved. I know there are a majority of Christians who don't believe it which, incidently, is the reason they can't move mountains. I know there is a minority who claim abilities they do not possess for monetary gain. And I know there are a vast minority who can move mountains.

If someone does something the bible says is possible and I claim it is from Satan I am guilty of not leaving people alone and possibly blashamy of the holy spirit.

That person who claims to be able to descern spirits and you say it's from the Devil? Blashamy of the holy spirit if they actually can.

That person who claims to be able to levitate by faith and you claim it's from the Devil? Blashamy of the holy spirit if they can.

Are you really going to gamble your eternal soul that this person isn't doing it from the holy spirit? If you are so certain why aren't you moving mountains, walking on water, levitating or doing anything you can think of, since the bible claims you can?

The doctrine of men teaches that nobody can do this anymore, the doctrine of God teaches that all those with sufficient faith can.

Why are you gambling eternity on the doctrine of men?

So, what can you say? "I am not so sure that's from God, it might be from Satan". Perfectly valid, in my opinion, you are not staying something is from Satan, but questioning it, which I think is fine, hopefully Jesus/God does too.

There are a number of people claiming to do things by faith that I have researched and found out they are charletons. Not doing it through the power of Satan, but doing it through the power of trickery. Yet, I do not go around denouncing them, Jesis told me to leave them alone. What I can do, however, is make sure that the ones being tricked are aware of the salvation plan (love thy neighbor as thyself, come to Jesus for forgiveness). In the end, that is all that matters.

God and I have some disagreements on whether certain churches should of been allowed to exist through history. God says that He allows it because the maximun number of people got saved through them, even though they may not be 100% correct, the whole at least my name is taught thing. If I do not agree with God, God's rule still stands, leave those alone who are teaching my name. If you are not against me you are for me, if you are not for me you are against me.

I believe that people can be truely saved from any Christian denomination, sometimes in spite of the denomination rather than because of it.

In the end, everyone has access to a bible nowadays. Everyone can read the words of our Lord, "You know the commandments.. love thy neighbor as thyself". Even if a church is wrong at least they get the correct word of God in their hands.

I am reminded of a missionary who asked God why God sent him, he wasn't really that good. God's response was that he was willing. If a minister is wrong in his teachings, at least he's willing.

Why are we dividing the kingdom of heaven? Be sure you are not doing all you can to make it fail. "If a kingdom is divided amonst itself, that kingdom can not stand".

God bless you.

Last edited:

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So what should you do when you think peoe are teaching wrong? What did Jesus say to do?

There is a passage in the bible (sorry, can't find it right now) where the apostles come to Jesus and say, hey, these people are preaching about you, but we didn't tell them to, they are fmdoing it on their own authority. Jesus said leave them alone, at least my name is being taught. I was never comfortable with this passage, but since my Lord spoke it, I must follow it.
Is it Luke 9:49-50's "forbid him not"?

• Winner
Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BTW, nice comment. I've voiced this a few time myself. Very reckless.

Now, of those instances when the fruits of the Spirit are non-existant and the person is vexed or tormented, should we give the same conclusion or like so many pastors, "Well, we'll just have to cast that spirit out!"

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BTW, nice comment. I've voiced this a few time myself. Very reckless.

Now, of those instances when the fruits of the Spirit are non-existant and the person is vexed or tormented, should we give the same conclusion or like so many pastors, "Well, we'll just have to cast that spirit out!"

It was the church of the day saying Jesus was possessed, the scribes. Jesus is warning the church against blasphamy.

Read Revelation 11. How many churches would denounce the two witnesses because they are causing plagues? Certainly that is not a Christian attitude. They are killing those that would hurt them, what about turning the other cheek? They are causing water to turn to blood, how demonic of them!

Be sure when you test the spirits you test against God's ruler, not your own. How many people denounce those that discern the spirits because they know it's not possible?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that the problem isn't the miracles themselves, but what the person who is doing them believes or preaches. Obviously, anyone can drive out an evil spirit in the name of Jesus, but that is the only miracle, as far as I know, that the Bible says that anyone can do in His name, because demons have to obey His name.

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not just saying that a miracle is from Satan, but it is rejecting Christ, and accusing Him of being evil so you won't have to follow Him. Testing the spirits is Biblically a good thing. As long as we don't judge something God really is doing for one of His children, we're good.

I have seen Satan pull off false miracles, in false religions, so that is a real possibility.

You have to test the person doing the miracles, and see if they believe the true Gospel and don't preach sinfulness, to see whether they are of God or of Satan. The Bible also says that false prophets will perform false miracles by the power of Satan, and we are NOT to listen to them.

This requires a lot of discernment and knowledge.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've heard it from several preachers and theologians that Christians are fundamentally incapable of blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and that if you are concerned you might have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, you most assuredly have not. The reason why it is unforgivable isn't that God cannot or will not forgive it, it's that when you have reached that point you are effectively so lost and far gone that you cannot your find your way back to God. What it really is talking about is saying that works, not necessarily miracles, but the works, actions, and general mission of the Kingdom of God is evil.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that the problem isn't the miracles themselves, but what the person who is doing them believes or preaches. Obviously, anyone can drive out an evil spirit in the name of Jesus, but that is the only miracle, as far as I know, that the Bible says that anyone can do in His name, because demons have to obey His name.

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not just saying that a miracle is from Satan, but it is rejecting Christ, and accusing Him of being evil so you won't have to follow Him. Testing the spirits is Biblically a good thing. As long as we don't judge something God really is doing for one of His children, we're good.

I have seen Satan pull off false miracles, in false religions, so that is a real possibility.

You have to test the person doing the miracles, and see if they believe the true Gospel and don't preach sinfulness, to see whether they are of God or of Satan. The Bible also says that false prophets will perform false miracles by the power of Satan, and we are NOT to listen to them.

This requires a lot of discernment and knowledge.

Yes, it does. More discernment than one withoutvthe gift of doscernment has. And if one has the gift of discerment in the first place one can discern what Jesus said as true.

Here is the issue, not with us, per se, but the way things are. People, by our nature, screw up. We are greedy, we are prideful, we are lustful, etc... Anyone can call themselves a Christian and start spreading their message. Only by analyzing for ourselves can we know the truth, and if we seek the truth we shall find it, I.E. seek and ye shall find.

People tend to believe what they are taught without seeing if it's true. They're teaching me, so they must know what they're talking about. In school we are told by everyone in authority to listen to our teachers and not question them, they are, after all, our teachers. So, people go to church and listen to whoever is teaching and believe it. Now, this person teaching may only be interested in money and so teaches likewise. Others are more treacherous and will try to deceive people to give more, either by out right lying or faking miracles. Or, the teacher may be honestly trying to teach right, but were taught by one of the above sp yeaching a false message. Or, the teacher may actually be teaching the correct word of God. Or, it may be the rare individual who actually has gifts of the spirit and performing moracles.

Now, I may find a certain pastor who claims to perform miracles but does not. In the next county over there's a pastor who actually has the gift of healing (I have no idea how rare actual healers are. There may be many or none at any given point of time). What happens if I go to this fake healer and expose him as a fraud? What is everyone going to think about the real healer in the next county over? How many people would leave his flock and denounce his truthful teachings? And how many people in he denounced churches congregation will now think God is a lie? Have you done more harm or more good, in the yardstick of the maximum number of souls being saved? Such is the kingdom of God. They are casting out demons in Jesus' name, what would happen if the apostles confronted them? Jesus' name would be thought a fraud.

In my searches, I have found many frauds, I have found many misinformed and I have found a few true teachers. I have, on rare occasion, those with the gift of faith, as teachers. The gifts of teaching and gifts of faith are two separate gifts.

Now, through all this, I can only tell if someone is a fraud for sure is by careful research. And even then I would not want to denounce them because 1. No matter how sure I am, I may be wrong and 2. I don't want to hurt tje kingdom of God.

All this makes it extremely hard on those of us who actually have gifts of the spirit because for any of tbe above mentioned reasons, they either believe they are fake, or you are crazy, or that everyone has them.

I am happy enough biding my time until my time is here, trying to figure out some way to spread the truth through all that murk I've talked about.

This is one reason I am Sola Scriptura. I know my teacher, the bible, has only God's benefit in mind. What the bible says I believe. The best we can hope to do os keep pointing to the scriptures so many religions deny for many reasons.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

This is not just a slip of the tongue kind of thing.
It is heartfelt knowing God and rejection of God.
Babies do not blaspheme.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Trout
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've heard it from several preachers and theologians that Christians are fundamentally incapable of blaspheming the Holy Spirit, and that if you are concerned you might have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, you most assuredly have not. The reason why it is unforgivable isn't that God cannot or will not forgive it, it's that when you have reached that point you are effectively so lost and far gone that you cannot your find your way back to God. What it really is talking about is saying that works, not necessarily miracles, but the works, actions, and general mission of the Kingdom of God is evil.

... several preachers and theologians...
...what it is really talking about...

Sorry, I am Sola Scriptura. "By the prince of demons is he casting out demons!" is describing a miracle. I am not interested in the doctrine of men. The passage speaks for itself. Jesus was casting out demons. They said Jesus the source of the miracles was from the prince of demons. Jesus said go ahead and slander me, but don't blaspheme (slander) the holy spirit. They were blaspheming the holy spirit when they said the miracles were from the devil. Only people who don't believe in miracles would think otherwise.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, it does. More discernment than one withoutvthe gift of doscernment has. And if one has the gift of discerment in the first place one can discern what Jesus said as true.

Here is the issue, not with us, per se, but the way things are. People, by our nature, screw up. We are greedy, we are prideful, we are lustful, etc... Anyone can call themselves a Christian and start spreading their message. Only by analyzing for ourselves can we know the truth, and if we seek the truth we shall find it, I.E. seek and ye shall find.

People tend to believe what they are taught without seeing if it's true. They're teaching me, so they must know what they're talking about. In school we are told by everyone in authority to listen to our teachers and not question them, they are, after all, our teachers. So, people go to church and listen to whoever is teaching and believe it. Now, this person teaching may only be interested in money and so teaches likewise. Others are more treacherous and will try to deceive people to give more, either by out right lying or faking miracles. Or, the teacher may be honestly trying to teach right, but were taught by one of the above sp yeaching a false message. Or, the teacher may actually be teaching the correct word of God. Or, it may be the rare individual who actually has gifts of the spirit and performing moracles.

Now, I may find a certain pastor who claims to perform miracles but does not. In the next county over there's a pastor who actually has the gift of healing (I have no idea how rare actual healers are. There may be many or none at any given point of time). What happens if I go to this fake healer and expose him as a fraud? What is everyone going to think about the real healer in the next county over? How many people would leave his flock and denounce his truthful teachings? And how many people in he denounced churches congregation will now think God is a lie? Have you done more harm or more good, in the yardstick of the maximum number of souls being saved? Such is the kingdom of God. They are casting out demons in Jesus' name, what would happen if the apostles confronted them? Jesus' name would be thought a fraud.

In my searches, I have found many frauds, I have found many misinformed and I have found a few true teachers. I have, on rare occasion, those with the gift of faith, as teachers. The gifts of teaching and gifts of faith are two separate gifts.

Now, through all this, I can only tell if someone is a fraud for sure is by careful research. And even then I would not want to denounce them because 1. No matter how sure I am, I may be wrong and 2. I don't want to hurt tje kingdom of God.

All this makes it extremely hard on those of us who actually have gifts of the spirit because for any of tbe above mentioned reasons, they either believe they are fake, or you are crazy, or that everyone has them.

I am happy enough biding my time until my time is here, trying to figure out some way to spread the truth through all that murk I've talked about.

This is one reason I am Sola Scriptura. I know my teacher, the bible, has only God's benefit in mind. What the bible says I believe. The best we can hope to do os keep pointing to the scriptures so many religions deny for many reasons.

I just thought of a Youtube video I saw recently. It was a pastor talking about an experience he had had with Jesus. Jesus spoke to him in a dream and told him that he needed to wake up and stop sinning. He pointed out all of the secret, unrepented sins in this man's life. Then the pastor thought about all the miracles that he had performed and all the people he had brought to Christ. Had he decieved them? Jesus had told him that it was He who had done the miracles, for the other people, because He loves us, and that it didn't matter that the pastor was sinning. They weren't fake miracles. God uses sinners, we all know that. ;) But this pastor would have been one of the people Jesus would say "I never knew you" to. Of course, this man was devoted to Christ, so Christ was faithful to set him straight before he would have been lost.

I think we can learn a lot from this story. I wish I had the video still. Things are rarely what they seem from the outside. We all have to learn Truth for ourselves, grow closer to Christ and work out our own salvation.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
... several preachers and theologians...
...what it is really talking about...

Sorry, I am Sola Scriptura. "By the prince of demons is he casting out demons!" is describing a miracle. I am not interested in the doctrine of men. The passage speaks for itself. Jesus was casting out demons. They said Jesus the source of the miracles was from the prince of demons. Jesus said go ahead and slander me, but don't blaspheme (slander) the holy spirit. They were blaspheming the holy spirit when they said the miracles were from the devil. Only people who don't believe in miracles would think otherwise.

There are many ways of understanding this. The Bible isn't always literal, and we have to understand the context. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees, so we have to understand where they were coming from. They weren't confused. They were trying to say that Christ's spirit was unholy and impure. Mark 3:30 the Pharisees were against Christ, always trying to ensnare Him.

There is a big difference from this situation, and accidentally believing that someone is doing something by the power of Satan. Christ will forgive you for being doubtful and skeptical, especially if a person seems to act unchristian, as long as you don't actually call the Holy Spirit evil (no Christian could do that)

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are many ways of understanding this. The Bible isn't always literal, and we have to understand the context. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees, so we have to understand where they were coming from. They weren't confused. They were trying to say that Christ's spirit was unholy and impure. Mark 3:30 the Pharisees were against Christ, always trying to ensnare Him.

There is a big difference from this situation, and accidentally believing that someone is doing something by the power of Satan. Christ will forgive you for being doubtful and skeptical, especially if a person seems to act unchristian, as long as you don't actually call the Holy Spirit evil (no Christian could do that)

The scribes thought they were right in what they were saying, that is something you don't seem to comprehend.

Just as someone today saying a miracle from the holy ghost is a miracle, they believe what they are saying. Yet, it is slander because it is not true. Exactly the same today as in Jesus' day. Saul wasn't killing Christians because he hated Christians but because he thoughr what he was doing was right.

It all comes down to slander, as Jesus says. Just because you believe what you're saying doesn't mean it's not slander if you are wrong.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The scribes thought they were right in what they were saying, that is something you don't seem to comprehend.

Just as someone today saying a miracle from the holy ghost is a miracle, they believe what they are saying. Yet, it is slander because it is not true. Exactly the same today as in Jesus' day. Saul wasn't killing Christians because he hated Christians but because he thoughr what he was doing was right.

It all comes down to slander, as Jesus says. Just because you believe what you're saying doesn't mean it's not slander if you are wrong.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree. They weren't confused about it. But there is a difference between arrogantly and pridefully holding on to a belief, as they were doing, and not really knowing, as an unsure Christian is. I don't believe that a truly saved Christian, who has been transformed by the Holy Spirit, could go as far as to adamantly say that a miracle is from Satan if it was obvious that it came from God. I also believe that we can spot false miracles as well. We can discern such things. At least the ones of us who have the gift of discernment.

But the Bible clearly tells us that the Pharisees were looking for ways to slander and ensnare Christ, just because they didn't agree with His teachings. They were completely spiritually blinded by their own arrogance and by Satan. That isn't what most Christians are doing, so there is a clear difference. God judges by a person's heart, not by their actions. If someone is actively doing their best to follow Christ, and then stumbles and slanders a fellow believer, they have not done what the Pharisees did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree. They weren't confused about it. But there is a difference between arrogantly and pridefully holding on to a belief, as they were doing, and not really knowing, as an unsure Christian is. I don't believe that a truly saved Christian, who has been transformed by the Holy Spirit, could go as far as to adamantly say that a miracle is from Satan if it was obvious that it came from God. I also believe that we can spot false miracles as well. We can discern such things. At least the ones of us who have the gift of discernment.

But the Bible clearly tells us that the Pharisees were looking for ways to slander and ensnare Christ, just because they didn't agree with His teachings. They were completely spiritually blinded by their own arrogance and by Satan. That isn't what most Christians are doing, so there is a clear difference. God judges by a person's heart, not by their actions. If someone is actively doing their best to follow Christ, and then stumbles and slanders a fellow believer, they have not done what the Pharisees did.

Another translation: 22 And the scribes ...

Soooooooo, someone saying that miracles are from Satan because they don't agree with it... how is this different than the scribes saying Jesus was possessed because they didn't agree with him? Scribes disagreed with Jesus, said he got his power from the devil. Christians today don't believe the bible when it says we can move mountains if we have faith, and so claim someone levitating is from the devil. You are showing me the similarities, not the differences. I've yet to see a difference.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Another translation: 22 And the scribes ...

Soooooooo, someone saying that miracles are from Satan because they don't agree with it... how is this different than the scribes saying Jesus was possessed because they didn't agree with him? Scribes disagreed with Jesus, said he got his power from the devil. Christians today don't believe the bible when it says we can move mountains if we have faith, and so claim someone levitating is from the devil. You are showing me the similarities, not the differences. I've yet to see a difference.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I want to say this in love. You are acting very arrogantly and I believe that you should calm down. Try to stay in the Spirit so you don't act according to the flesh, and this conversation will be more pleasant and edifying for both of us.

I don't believe that it is that black and white. I personally believe in all miracles from the Bible. I've seen a lot of them. I don't really understand how anyone could not believe in them. If someone is a false believer who refuses to accept the true teachings of Christ and accuses a true Christian of performing a miracle of Satan, then they may commit the unforgivable sin (but that's up to God, not to us). If I were to see someone levitate, or doing something else which is not in the Bible, and at the same time living in sin or just acting unchristian, and I were to say that it was from Satan, I would not be wrong. Discerning falsehood and evil spirits is exactly what Christ and the apostles taught us to do. Was the woman who could tell the future by an evil spirit performing miracles from God? No! Will the Anti-Christ? No! Neither does Satan and the rest of his false prophets. We are to discern the spirits, so we don't get fooled.

Here is some information for you. I've been possessed by demons, because before I became a Christian, I practiced witchcraft. I could see auras, tell the future, perform magic spells etc. Not all supernatural experiences are from God, and we shouldn't be blind about this. In fact, we need to be very careful.

Reactions: Tony Trout
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I agree. When Jesus referred to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, He was speaking of unbelievers who were rejecting Him and His ministry. Genuine believers are not subject to that.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Edit: Labels for who said what fixed.

Emli said:
First of all, I want to say this in love. You are acting very arrogantly and I believe that you should calm down. Try to stay in the Spirit so you don't act according to the flesh, and this conversation will be more pleasant and edifying for both of us.

I don't believe that it is that black and white. I personally believe in all miracles from the Bible. I've seen a lot of them. I don't really understand how anyone could not believe in them. If someone is a false believer who refuses to accept the true teachings of Christ and accuses a true Christian of performing a miracle of Satan, then they may commit the unforgivable sin (but that's up to God, not to us). If I were to see someone levitate, or doing something else which is not in the Bible, and at the same time living in sin or just acting unchristian, and I were to say that it was from Satan, I would not be wrong. Discerning falsehood and evil spirits is exactly what Christ and the apostles taught us to do. Was the woman who could tell the future by an evil spirit performing miracles from God? No! Will the Anti-Christ? No! Neither does Satan and the rest of his false prophets. We are to discern the spirits, so we don't get fooled.

Here is some information for you. I've been possessed by demons, because before I became a Christian, I practiced witchcraft. I could see auras, tell the future, perform magic spells etc. Not all supernatural experiences are from God, and we shouldn't be blind about this. In fact, we need to be very careful.

Hmmm... I see. Did you read the story of Balaam? He was a prophet wgo was helping the enemies of the Isrealites. Since he was "acting unchristian" would you then, wrongly, claim that his power was from Satan when, in fact, he was a wayward prophet of God? You would then also be guilty of blasphamy of the holy spirit.

Yes, I know of witchcraft, I brought two witches to the Lord. I am quite aware of what witchcraft is and where the power comes from. I am quite aware that my power comes from God, if I wasn't, I would be researching it to find it's source.

The problem occurs when you say a power from the holy spirit is from the devil. That is blasphamy of the holy spirit, you are actively working against God with slander. This, as God says, is unforgiveable.

Even with all my knowledge and discernment I won't say something is from Satan until I see a spell or incantation or other occult dealings. If I am not sure then I would be wise not to blaspheme the holy spirit out of ignorance.

You are not the only one hurt when you blaspheme the holy spirit, not only are you bound for hell, but everyone who hears your falsehoods may lose out on salvation by believing what you said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Hmmm... I see. Did you read the story of Balaam? He was a prophet wgo was helping the enemies of the Isrealites. Since he was "acting unchristian" would you then, wrongly, claim that his power was from Satan when, in fact, he was a wayward prophet of God? You would then also be guilty of blasphamy of the holy spirit.

Yes, I know of witchcraft, I brought two witches to the Lord. I am quite aware of what witchcraft is and where the power comes from. I am quite aware that my power comes from God, if I wasn't, I would be researching it to find it's source.

The problem occurs when you say a power from the holy spirit is from the devil. That is blasphamy of the holy spirit, you are actively working against God with slander. This, as God says, is unforgiveable.

Even with all my knowledge and discernment I won't say something is from Satan until I see a spell or incantation or other occult dealings. If I am not sure then I would be wise not to blaspheme the holy spirit out of ignorance.

You are not the only one hurt when you blaspheme the holy spirit, not only are you bound for hell, but everyone who hears your falsehoods may lose out on salvation by believing what you said.

I believe strongly that the Bible wouldn't tell us to test all spirits, if the unforgivable sin was that easy to commit. God is a forgiving God, not someone who condemns us as soon as we make a small mistake as we are trying to please Him. Accepting false miracles in the church is a big problem, and we are told to stay away from false prophets. You don't need a spell or an incantation to be able to do a false miracle, you just need a demon. Satan can attack you if you live in sin. You don't have to invite him. And a demon can possess a believer. We need to protect each other from this and not shy away from it. It is also very obvious if you compare a person's behavior to the Bible. The Holy Spirit works through sinners, but it doesn't work through someone who willingly commits sin over and over again, because that person might not even be saved.

If someone is doing something unbiblical, I'm not acting against God if I speak up. We are told to stay away from idolatry, false teachings, greed etc that usually goes with the false prophets. That doesn't make people question the true God, but a false image of Him.

God sometimes speaks to me through numbers and odd coincidences, which He does through the Holy Spirit. I know this is God. He has proven it, and it has produced righteousness. If someone questions this, which they have, they are working against God, but it's not the unforgivable sin, because it was done out of confusion, and out of love for God, not out of spite. God told me to forgive them, and He wouldn't if He hadn't. But if I was acting unchristian, I would want them to correct me, and I would have to test the spirits even more. Satan has tried to trick me in every way, so I know that it is a possibility.

We have to love each other in Truth, and keep each other from anything dangerous. I would want someone to test me and help me if I was fooled by Satan, and I will do the same for others. I would be very slow to accuse as well, because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, but someone acting in ignorance would be forgiven for this. I truly believe this, because God is not against us.

You should be careful with being so harsh on this. This attitude has hurt so many people, who have thought that they have committed the unforgivable sin, but haven't. It's something that causes feelings of condemnation and fear (that does come from Satan). And that is hurting God, because it is hurting His children. And then you are working against God.

We all need to love each other more.

Upvote 0