Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
After my husband's funeral three years ago, I had the most powerful urge to try to contact him. I was in deep grief and couldn't understand where he had gone after 31 years of our strong loving marriage.

I asked around, got phone numbers for mediums to visit. I couldn't rest. BUT I had fortunately already accepted Christ as Lord and saviour. A strong feeling in me warned not to do it. I never went ahead, but was very close. I remembered that the Bible warns that it is evil spirits impersonating the deceased that is what comes through. It is deceptive and wrong.

People do not realise they align themselves with the enemy by dabbling in those things. They open themselves up for evil to enter and influence them. It is not just a bit of fun nor can they ever speak to their loved one's again in those circumstances. So I understood, leave it be. It is vital to accept and come to terms healthily with loss. No holding on.
Has anyone here been tempted and what happened? Humans have always been fascinated by the afterlife, but through Christ we learn the truth and gain peace. How lucky we are.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ive seen three.... the first two was just a big vague fishing expedition where they used generalized statements and when I wouldnt feed them they blamed me for blocking.... I said hey Im not blocking...I want the information, but YOU have to give it and it has to be very specific.

the third time...same but I said - I need you to give me something really really specific about him....and I said in my head - little bro if its possible say [an item of clothing he always wore]. The medium said exactly that. So..... I dunno what to think except - 95% are fakes and the ones that arent.... well I know what the bible says -but I walked away deeply affected and glad to hear things. It did me no harm but helped me at a time when I was super-sad.

Upvote 0

messager777

Sep 19, 2017
south georgia
✟2,107.00
Country
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DEUT.18: =
Avoid Wicked Customs
9 “When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. 14 For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

For speaking, hearing and consulting the false prophets/agents of Satan, God will curse such occult practitioners with speech, hearing or mental disorders, eg stuttering, tinnitus, deafness, schizophrenia, bipolar, etc.(MARK.7:32)
....... I know a woman who was struck with schizophrenia for consulting a medium/shaman to cast a spell on her husband, in order to drive away his mistress. While under the spell, her husband lost his business and they became bankrupt. I also know of a man who was struck with schizophrenia for using spells to mesmerize young and pretty female acquaintances into bed.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After my husband's funeral three years ago, I had the most powerful urge to try to contact him. I was in deep grief and couldn't understand where he had gone after 31 years of our strong loving marriage.

I asked around, got phone numbers for mediums to visit. I couldn't rest. BUT I had fortunately already accepted Christ as Lord and saviour. A strong feeling in me warned not to do it. I never went ahead, but was very close. I remembered that the Bible warns that it is evil spirits impersonating the deceased that is what comes through. It is deceptive and wrong.

People do not realise they align themselves with the enemy by dabbling in those things. They open themselves up for evil to enter and influence them. It is not just a bit of fun nor can they ever speak to their loved one's again in those circumstances. So I understood, leave it be. It is vital to accept and come to terms healthily with loss. No holding on.
Has anyone here been tempted and what happened? Humans have always been fascinated by the afterlife, but through Christ we learn the truth and gain peace. How lucky we are.

I sympathize. It is more common than you may think to want, in our grief and desperation, to reach out to loved ones who have passed. I think those who trick people who are vulnerable because of grieving and loss are committing a particularly cruel, vicious sin against their fellow man and it turns my stomach. Anyone profiting off of trickery through the grieving of others turns my stomach worse than most things do! It sounds like you were wise to avoid. Keeping a connection such as through mediums, especially if it is false, stops us from starting to feel better from the grief as well.

Upvote 0