Beto O' Rourke claims 1964 Civil Rights Act forces churches to affirm LGBT dogma

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Over the weekend, Democrat presidential candidate Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke walked back his recent threat to eliminate tax exempt status for churches that he to a biblical understanding of marriage, but made clear that his stance was largely unchanged by interpreting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as requiring churches to indulge homosexuality and gender confusion.

Continued below.
Beto O’Rourke claims 1964 Civil Rights Act forces churches to affirm LGBT dogma

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This man wants to start a religious war or something. He claims Trump is causing division but this man totally outdoes Trump by light years. I'm also scared that it will become illegal for churches to not perform same-sex marriages, which will cause many churches to close...I just can't take it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
This man wants to start a religious war or something. He claims Trump is causing division but this man totally outdoes Trump by light years. I'm also scared that it will become illegal for churches to not perform same-sex marriages, which will cause many churches to close...I just can't take it...
I watched the debate and I felt that he was only referring to church owned agencies that offer public services, like adoption agencies. If he actually meant churches themselves, that would not only be a shocker, but such a proposal would not be accepted by a majority of Americans. I dare say that the the Supreme Court would almost certainly rule in favor of churches, based upon the freedom of religion clause in the U.S. Constitution.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I watched the debate and I felt that he was only referring to church owned agencies that offer public services, like adoption agencies. If he actually meant churches themselves, that would not only be a shocker, but such a proposal would not be accepted by a majority of Americans. I dare that the the Supreme Court would almost certainly rule in favor of churches, based upon the freedom of religion clause in the U.S. Constitution.
Yeah but do we really want church-owned agencies to close?

I want to believe you're right but unfortunately I don't trust that the government will protect our religious freedom in place of the demands of the LGBT movement. Right now yes but if the makeup of the Supreme Court changes or we get a President like Beto in office, no way.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beto O'Rourke is missing a few cogs in his machine. First he started out with gun control, advocating for actions that are blatantly unconstitutional; then he blamed Trump for the El Paso shootings; then he got belligerent about "gay rights". I believe the man has gotten so far left that he's not mentally stable any more----he's like those triggered college kids you see that hear somebody say something and they react so violently to it that they look like Bill the Cat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0