Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hope that this is okay posted in this forum. I have listened to a major, national, "Christian" radio station for many years. (yeah, I know radio is for old people. I am old!) I give some credit to the music for keeping God in my heart even while I was a prodigal. My concern is that I have come to realize that maybe 75% of the music/artists they play is somehow related to the Bethel ministry. Their skewed message doesn't come across in the songs and I take them as they relate to the gospel that I believe. In your opinion is it wrong to even listen? Some are beautiful worship songs. I did purchase some of the music before I realized what I was doing. :( I will no longer be doing that. I do love contemporary Christian music.

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hope that this is okay posted in this forum. I have listened to a major, national, "Christian" radio station for many years. (yeah, I know radio is for old people. I am old!) I give some credit to the music for keeping God in my heart even while I was a prodigal. My concern is that I have come to realize that maybe 75% of the music/artists they play is somehow related to the Bethel ministry. Their skewed message doesn't come across in the songs and I take them as they relate to the gospel that I believe. In your opinion is it wrong to even listen? Some are beautiful worship songs. I did purchase some of the music before I realized what I was doing. :( I will no longer be doing that. I do love contemporary Christian music.

Hi, JustRachel, it's good to hear how God used Christian music to draw you back to Him. Music can be used powerfully by God. Unfortunately, it's also used by the devil.

I have found many of the Bethel worship songs to be scriptural. I listen to their latest worship album a lot and have been very blessed. Any group's music can be off scripturally, so I guess we need to be Bereans even with the music we listen to. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the song is correct theologically and does not contain the errors that concern you with Bethel, then IMHO it is OK to listen to. Two rhetorical questions. Is any Christian theologian 100% in agreement with your beliefs or 100% opposing your beliefs? Do you intend to do research on every artist, including the dead ones who wrote beloved hymns, to determine all aspects of their theology and how they align with your beliefs even when their song is not in error?

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0