Best way to stay interestead in reading the bible?

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has been an ongoing issue unfortunately. I do know plenty of verses and I do believe in Christ and pray to him... but I just can't seem to get any motivation to read the bible more. I usually read like 10 chapters then i stop there. It sucks and I wanna know what you guys do when you read the bible, and how to stay interested in it.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Join CF and learn about what other denominations believe. It is very helpful to understand other beliefs so that when your reading the Bible you can pick up on certain verses that either confirm or deny these beliefs. It’s helped me to get a wider perspective of the teachings of the Bible. Before I learned the different beliefs I believe in faith alone and OSAS. After learning about different beliefs and going back to the scriptures I began to see the contradicts to my beliefs. Before I knew about the different beliefs I would read scriptures that dealt with these issues and wouldn’t make the distinction because I was ignorant of them.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: DevinCamary
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has been an ongoing issue unfortunately. I do know plenty of verses and I do believe in Christ and pray to him... but I just can't seem to get any motivation to read the bible more. I usually read like 10 chapters then i stop there. It sucks and I wanna know what you guys do when you read the bible, and how to stay interested in it.

I listen to a dramatized version of the Bible often so I can picture in my mind the verses as I listen to them. I also listen to the Psalms Project, its a band who made the psalms into songs. The Lord speaks to me a lot through them. I memorize things faster if I listen to them in songs and when I need an answer, a song usually pops in my head with the answer and guidance. Sons of Korah also play psalms. I also sing my prayers often, I find it easier to enter His presence when I do. Its like the reasoning doesn't enter the conversation and the prayer flows freely.

Last edited:
Reactions: DevinCamary
Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I take a daily devotional to work with my bible with me every day which helps me through the work day and keeps me focused on the Lord. Then when I am off of work, I feel more inclined to continue my reading. Read a chapter or two every day, something manageable that won't leave you burned out, or more, whatever you feel you can manage. While keeping in mind, there are a lot of different books, remember it is one larger book. Or read and reread certain books until you have a good grasp on it then move to another, whatever plan might work for you. There are different reading plans like read the bible in a year, 6 months, 90 days, 30 days etc...
A huge thing that keeps me INTERESTED....is if I find myself not finding the time, I reread something I am familiar with that charges me up. Like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego, or David and Goliath, or the book of Job, Jonah and the fish, read the gospels, read revelation....
Read what interests you. Don't read what interests me, read what interests you. Because that's ultimately how YOU are going to stay in God's Word. Then take that and read other areas of the bible, then pretty soon, you've got a lot that interests you.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Devin, as a heads up mods around here are kind of strict about not letting folks over the age of 19 post in this section. Lots of posts that are real helpful end up getting deleted on account of that. If you ask a mod they can move this thread to an area where everybody's free to post no matter their age. Then you won't lose any posts.

Upvote 0