Best things to say to the opposite sex

Q

Quoth

"I don't think Shakespeare understood the beauty of poetry."

"Why not?"

"Because as talented as William was, he never had the opportunity to lose himself in your eyes, feel the warmth of your soul in your smile, or hear the sound of God's own angels in the songs that your voice provides to my ears every day. You, my dear, are God's own poetry, and that is something the Bard could never understand."

--A Skellington original that has yet to be used.

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

Best thing a woman could say to me:

"I don't care. I don't care that you're a 23-year old freak that has personal issues and baggage. I don't care that you're a little bit odd--in fact, I like that in a man. I see you as you see yourself: a creation of God meant to be a bit different from the rest of humanity, and for that, Rob, I love you."

Or some other paraphrase.

To quote Bill Engvall: "It ain't gonna happen, but it'd be awesome."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I don't think Shakespeare understood the beauty of poetry."

"Why not?"

"Because as talented as William was, he never had the opportunity to lose himself in your eyes, feel the warmth of your soul in your smile, or hear the sound of God's own angels in the songs that your voice provides to my ears every day. You, my dear, are God's own poetry, and that is something the Bard could never understand."

--A Skellington original that has yet to be used.

An admirable effort, but that would have me rolling my eyes, lol.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Best thing a man could say to me, hehehe:

"What are you talking about? I LOVE opera. Let's put on some Mozart, right now. We'll listen to it while we ponder on Dante and Milton. Tomorrow we'll visit the Smithsonian. We'll take the whole weekend and go through all the museums there. Then next week we'll visit the National Zoo. Good thing I only have opera and classical CD's in my car, so we'll have plenty to listen to while we drive. Say, did I tell you that I own fifty acres of private lakefront in Maine? Didn't you say you wanted to own a horse someday? Well, now you can. You won't even have to work anymore, and you can homeschool Josh. In your free time, I'll have a private library set up where you can write your novels. Say, I'm hungry. Let's go have some steak! Did I mention that you're the most captivating and intoxicating creature on earth?"

Wow, he sure has a lot to say, lol.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not surprising. The words "epic fail" do apply to me when it comes to being attractive to women. The only people who ever hit on me are gay guys and, um, more gay guys.

Whatever.

*AHEM* Stop that! I think you're awesome, and you know I think you're awesome. But guys that attempt poetry...er...it just goes wrong 99% of the time, lol. And to begin a compliment to me by insulting a poet (being the literary nerd that I am) is not a good idea, lol. Quoting a poem would be excellent, but it really only works if you FEEL it and can pull it off without grinning, smirking, laughing, etc. And it helps if you have a deep, resounding voice like Timothy Dalton. That man could trill his r's all day long and never sound the least bit cheesy, only ragingly sexy lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxpt0oGCDg

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I love you" is way over-used, at least for me. I tell anyone I get involved with that I don't want to hear that phrase.

As long as I feel they sincerly mean it I love to hear that phrase from a woman.

I don't think I could have a relationship where telling someone that wasn't a part of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reanimation

Nov 1, 2007
✟14,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Look at me daaarling, I'm totally..

QF0100%7EFabulous-Queer-as-Folk-Posters.jpg
"

:p

(Jokes. ;))

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forget SAYING anything... SHOW them that you care.

Words are overrated.

I wouldn't say that. . .

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Words are meanlingless when not backed up by action. I can't beat a woman and tell her I love her, thats clear hypocracy because I obviously don't love her.

BUT saying you love them is a reminder of what you feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
"The sound of the leaves in the fall on a gentle breeze, the gaze the fire gives on a summer night, the hug from the earth when the sand and the ocean are at my side, pale in comparison to your splendor."

"You know, if you were a fat ugly guy, it would be a lot easier to get my job done."

--
its quite difficult, cause i keep thinking the difference between someone of the opposite sex to attract them, or saying something to a wife, or what i might like someone to say to me. guess ill just have to divide them up.
- - -

To wife: "Would you like a massage?"
"Can I borrow some of your gorgeous self to take with me to work?"
"So after breakfast in bed, I was thinking you might like to go to..."

To attract opposite gender (obviously from a guy's limited understanding):
"Hi. My name is..."
*insert humor/joke*
"So do you/i noticed you.. *insert question to show interest*"
*club and drag home. (gentle on the hair though, it needs to stay beautiful)*

Last edited:
Upvote 0