Texas
✟21,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to have everyone's opinion on what is the best Greek text, whether it's of the critical variety like Nestle's or the Textus Receptus variety like Scrivener's, or if you prefer a certain category of source texts, like the Byzantine. Yes, conversation of the Septuagint is included and encouraged!

Also, it would be very helpful to me if you could provide links to downloads of any text that is in the Public domain.

------- about me -------

I'm only just getting into studying the Greek. I come from a background in Hebrew, and as you may know the Hebrew source texts (thankfully) are no where near as numerous and diverse as the Greek.

There's a lot out there! I would be very happy if this thread turned into a passionate discussion of the ins and outs of the Greek texts, so please feel free! Everyone be kind!

And αλληλουια, הללו-יה, praise Yah!

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Received Text - a term applied to a series of printed texts, including one by Scrivener - is actually based on a good, representative measure of textual evidence; both the Farstad-Hodges Majority Text and the Pierpont-Robinson Byzantine Textform are broadly similar to it, compared to the Nestle and other eclectic texts. I basically use the Kong James with a lot of confidence.

Upvote 0