Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi guys,

I just realized something:

The best defense against cults is the Roman Catholic Church =)

It's funny how many cult (or cultish) groups claim that they are the 'true' church of God, yet scripture and history validates the Roman Catholic Church.

I just thought I'd share that =)

-Jason

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
C'mon. Your denomination isn't the only TRUE denomination. The only TRUE religion is Christianity. Are RC's Christians? Yeah they are. So they are part of the One True Religion. But they aren't the One True Religion.

Even though Christianity isn't even a religion, but life and reality.

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Nick_Loves_Abba
C'mon. Your denomination isn't the only TRUE denomination. The only TRUE religion is Christianity. Are RC's Christians? Yeah they are. So they are part of the One True Religion. But they aren't the One True Religion.

Even though Christianity isn't even a religion, but life and reality.

Hi Nick_Loves_Abba,

I'm not a Roman Catholic LOL! =)

But anyway the Roman Catholic church is the church founded upon Peter (Matt 16:18). Protestants wouldn't exist if Roman Catholics didn't exist =)

RC's aren't saying that RC's are the only Christians, Roman Catholics honor protestant baptisms =)

But the point I was making is that when it come to dealing with Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, etc, we know that they are not the 'true' church.

I personally believe all protestants (as long as they believe in the essential doctrines), are part of the Church, but just not in full communion. That's what Catholics claim, and I just don't fully understand that yet. =)

Regardless, Jesus is our savior!

God bless!

-Jason

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C'mon. Your denomination isn't the only TRUE denomination.
You're half right. :) Catholicism isn't a denomination.

I have nothing against any denomination, however---if you have any you don't want, I'll gladly take them for you. I'm particularly fond of twenties, fifties, and hundreds. ;)
The only TRUE religion is Christianity.
Catholics are Christians. :)
Are RC's Christians?
No; RC's are cans of cola. Personally, I think they taste more like Pepsi than Coke, but none of them are as good as Adirondack Cola, IMHO.
So they are part of the One True Religion. But they aren't the One True Religion.
What, cans of cola???? :scratch:

Just as an informational aside, I utterly abhor the appellation "RC". I even prefer "Papist" or "mackerel-snapper" to "RC". (Just a pet peeve of mine.)

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Wolseley

You're half right. :) Catholicism isn't a denomination.

I have nothing against any denomination, however---if you have any you don't want, I'll gladly take them for you. I'm particularly fond of twenties, fifties, and hundreds. ;)

Catholics are Christians. :)

No; RC's are cans of cola. Personally, I think they taste more like Pepsi than Coke, but none of them are as good as Adirondack Cola, IMHO.

What, cans of cola???? :scratch:

Just as an informational aside, I utterly abhor the appellation "RC". I even prefer "Papist" or "mackerel-snapper" to "RC". (Just a pet peeve of mine.)

Brother,

That was SO BAD!!! LOL!!! RC cola? denomination!??

While the humor is still lasting, check out this passage:

2 Corinthians 5:13

If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.

=)

-Jason

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.