• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

best cooking tips you have ever received?

Discussion in 'Cooking and Culinary Arts' started by prosperity4all, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+573
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Here's a trick for making decent ribs in a hurry: smoke them for 45-60 minutes and then steam them until they are tender (1-1 1/2 hrs.). I learned this working at a deli many years ago. They steamed their ribs for about an hour and a half and then they brushed them with sauce and grilled them for about 20 minutes. I've experimented with the basic concept of steaming them over the years and have found that the best flavor results from smoking/grilling first and then steaming. The suggested times are for pork ribs; beef ribs take longer but the technique still works.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. BryanJohnMaloney

BryanJohnMaloney Active Member

+239
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "If you want me to cook, get out of my kitchen."

I took that to heart and remind others of it while I'm cooking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Shane R

Shane R Priest Supporter

+573
    United States
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Here's one I learned a few months back for making hot dog chili: don't brown the meat. Rather, mix the meat with the liquid ingredients by hand until you've basically got a thin paste. Then, bring it to a boil and add your spices. This will produce a much smoother, more uniform texture to the finished chili.

4. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Member Supporter

+171
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Learn your Mother Sauces

5. BryanJohnMaloney

BryanJohnMaloney Active Member

+239
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My mother's sauces were "sawmill gravy", "potroast gravy", and "spaghetti sauce".

6. HisGraceAbounds

+171
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Not what I meant, but okay.

7. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member

+707
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Use cookbooks. This is the best piece of advice I’ve ever received.

8. jahel

jahel ~Cassia~

+202
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    best cooking tips you have ever received?

Cook enough today so you wont have to cook tomorrow.

9. HisGraceAbounds

+171
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Paraphrasing something I heard a long time ago "unless it's an allergy our you're overly sensitive to textures, the reason you don't like a certain food is because you haven't had it fixed the right way. Give it another chance, then another, then another."

Definitely held true for me. Once I figured out how to cook vegetables the right way, I can't get enough of them. My tastes broadened a lot in general.