United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sanders says ‘I don’t agree’ with push to abolish police departments

Sen. Bernie Sanders is making clear that he doesn’t support defunding or abolishing police departments – but instead wants more training and better pay for police officers as part of his push for criminal justice reform.

In an interview with The New Yorker magazine, the progressive independent lawmaker from Vermont said “do I think we should not have police departments in America? No, I don’t. There’s no city in the world that does not have police departments.”

• Informative
Reactions: Monksailor

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And former Vice President Joe Biden – the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee – said Monday that while he’s strongly pushing for law enforcement reforms, he doesn’t back the calls to defund the police.

Neither does Biden.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought there should be at least one person in that camp with some common sense. Hopefully others there will abandon their ignorance but probably not. ANYTHING to blame or find fault with President Trump is the top agenda, it seems; whether conjecture, hearsay, speculation, imagination, or .....................

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Trust Sanders to not slip into the sort of groupthink that's been going around on the far left. :)
It makes me crazy that the mercurial quasi-goals of a certain facebook crowd are now said to belong to the far left...which used to mean something quite different.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

I wouldn't expect anyone with half a brain to support defunding police. We need better training, not defunding. So, I'm in agreement with Bernie and believe that anyone who really thought this problem through would be also. Maybe not. After all, nearly 63 million people voted for Donald Dump, er, uh, I mean Trump.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And former Vice President Joe Biden – the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee – said Monday that while he’s strongly pushing for law enforcement reforms, he doesn’t back the calls to defund the police.

Neither does Biden.
@martin-luther2 , would you explain why you found this post funny? Is there something that I don't know about this?

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It makes me crazy that the mercurial quasi-goals of a certain facebook crowd are now said to belong to the far left...which used to mean something quite different.

Which group is this? I am just... well, I lost the last bit of respect I had for progressivism when they decided that the pandemic wasn't so important after all. Especially considering who it is killing disproportionately. (That isn't directly related to this thread, but I just see everything as groupthink and virtue signaling right now. No lives actually matter.)

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I found interesting that top Dem leadership knew better not to jump on the bandwagon of this. The media blows all support of this our of proposition....Fact is though top Dems KNOW if they went to this dance they'd be destroyed in the next election. Poll numbers can't be more clear.....people across the nation DO NOT support this type of nonsense. I suppose they exchanged words between each other, "Be careful not to be caught in the trap of this thing." It all looks good and sounds good in the headlines for a few days but that's about it.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Which group is this? I am just... well, I lost the last bit of respect I had for progressivism when they decided that the pandemic wasn't so important after all. Especially considering who it is killing disproportionately. (That isn't directly related to this thread, but I just see everything as groupthink and virtue signaling right now. No lives actually matter.)
Interesting to see you say this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟482,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@martin-luther2 , would you explain why you found this post funny? Is there something that I don't know about this?

There was a post by RLH that made fun of one of Biden's slip ups. Thought you were making reference indirectly there...Sorrry ;(

• Friendly
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There was a post by RLH that made fun of one of Biden's slip ups. Thought you were making reference indirectly there...Sorrry ;(
No need to apologize that can easily happen and thanks for the explanation. God Bless

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I didn't mean a specific group. Just those claiming to be progressives.

It's gotten really bad the last few years.

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0