Bernie Sanders could beat Trump in 2020

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He could, given that he's still alive.
He’s only five years older than Trump, only one year older than Biden, two years younger than Nancy Pelosi.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hillary Clinton beat Donald, in the popular vote. So, I would say any accepted Democratic candidate can beat him because of the loyal Democratic bloc who would never vote for Donald.

Even so, of course, the electoral college voted him in, but now there is indication that the Russians could have helped tip the scales so Donald got as many votes as he did. If the Russians had not done that, may be Hillary would have won.

And so I can see it possible that without Russian interference any Democratic candidate could beat Donald, just because of Democratic voters' loyalty to their party.

He has not gained any more favor of the loyal voting Democratic voters, possibly. So, that bloc of votes could stay the same. But without Russian help Donald might not get so many votes. I have not found any official indication about how many votes could have been swayed away from Hillary and to Donald, because of the Russian interference.

We will see.

Then there is the matter of how "God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5). How He resists the proud can decide who gets in. But our humble and caring prayer for any and all people will have His result. So, it is wise to love and care for and pray for every candidate > "first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hillary Clinton beat Donald, in the popular vote. So, I would say any accepted Democratic candidate can beat him because of the loyal Democratic bloc who would never vote for Donald.

Even so, of course, the electoral college voted him in, but now there is indication that the Russians could have helped tip the scales so Donald got as many votes as he did. If the Russians had not done that, may be Hillary would have won.

And so I can see it possible that without Russian interference any Democratic candidate could beat Donald, just because of Democratic voters' loyalty to their party.

He has not gained any more favor of the loyal voting Democratic voters, possibly. So, that bloc of votes could stay the same. But without Russian help Donald might not get so many votes. I have not found any official indication about how many votes could have been swayed away from Hillary and to Donald, because of the Russian interference.

We will see.

Then there is the matter of how "God resists the proud" (in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5). How He resists the proud can decide who gets in. But our humble and caring prayer for any and all people will have His result. So, it is wise to love and care for and pray for every candidate > "first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

For some reason I thought we were done hearing about the Russians?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
M-Bob
Yes, the news can change issues, just by reporting a new item. Already, the border wall and family separations issue has taken a back seat to the report.

But I am asking if anyone knows how the next election might be effected by the absence of the Russians from the voting process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but because of his extreme age, there's a better chance that Bernie will have kicked it by 2020.

He's not even 80 years old yet. That's hardly extreme!

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But I am asking if anyone knows how the next election might be effected by the absence of the Russians from the voting process.

I doubt we will ever see that 100%.

Just as we probably dabble in theirs.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I doubt we will ever see that 100%.

Just as we probably dabble in theirs.

M-Bob

Everyone who complains about the Russians dabbling in our election seems to conveniently forget the number of elections that we have dabbled in.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

They interfered in the 2016 election, and they are convinced that their intervention for Trump was the reason he won. They are still attempting to weaken the United States in other ways as well. One Trump national security advisor is going to do prison time for lying about his contacts with Russian agents. A Trump associate is going to trial for his role in the Russian effort to undermine America. So probably not anytime soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No...no chance...polls can't be trusted at all (as was proven during your last election).

Donald Trump will win in 2020...elected by your nations people...without interference from anywhere...of that I have no doubt.

Furthermore...I suspect if he could run for a third term, your countrymen would vote him in again.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Learn the dif between predictive and opinion polls.

The polls predicting Clinton would win were correct: she won the PV by more than 2mm.

Did you know that 14mm voted against Trump than for him?

That last figure may grow to 20mm in 2020.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump's major concern is the loss of support in the upper midwest. He's now down by 5 to 12 points in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. He can't lose these states and win the presidency.

What's worse for him is that there's not much play in those numbers. He doesn't fall much more than he has, but he doesn't rise much more than that, either. His hope is that the democrats will nominate a really weak candidate.

Upvote 0