Jan 29, 2010
✟839,110.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We have an imperfect system, but it is the best that there is.

As an aside, we have rejected direct democracy in many areas, so that we can avoid the whims of the majority at any particular time.

The funny thing about democracy is that, quite often, the people voting are amazingly not qualified to make informed decisions about this stuff. I'm not saying other solutions are necessarily better, but people go with their intuition and it's often bad intuition.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am ready to accept 10-20 million more immigrant citizens (the undocumented, DACA folk, more refugees, more asylum seekers, and in addition those that we need to fill jobs in construction, agriculture, tech and hospitality. And yes, I am willing to double our aid to Central American countries.
I would also reduce almost all other immigration to zero for 5 years (accepting only spouses and minor children).

Somehow, I don't think that this would a popular political position for the 2020 campaign.
I liked how Trump said that the USA is full.

I'm pretty sure you could squeeze a few more people into Wyoming.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, considering the kind of negative ratings Fox has for inaccurate and dishonest reporting.

People believe what they want to believe whether it's true or not, it's really a shame more folks don't really understand this.

The gene-pool politics which monitor power struggles among terrestrial humanity are transcended in this info-world, i.e. seen as static, artificial charades. One is neither coercively manipulated into another's territorial reality nor forced to struggle against it with reciprocal game-playing (the usual soap opera dramatics). One simply elects, consciously, whether or not to share the other's reality tunnel. - Neuropolitique, New Falcon Publications, 2006, p.93

Every kind of ignorance in the world all results from not realizing that our perceptions are gambles. We believe what we see and then we believe our interpretation of it, we don't even know we are making an interpretation most of the time. We think this is reality. – Robert Anton Wilson

We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are. – Anaïs Nin

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0