Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know that there have been threads on this topic before and there has been quite a range of views, some very supportive, and others fairly harsh and unloving toward him.
The first question to be asked - Is he a born again Christian brother? If he is, then we have to love him as Christ loves us, because if we cannot love him like that, we know really know God at all, because God is pure love.
The next question I have is, does he preach the Lordship of Christ, the need to receive Christ as Saviour, the need to repent, and the necessity of living a holy life before God? If so, he cannot be a false preacher or teacher, because he is teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
The next question is: are the manifestations of falling over in the Spirit and other manifestation associated with his ministry true or false? Well, if he is preaching truth as I have defined above, there is a good indication that the manifestations are true also.
Do we all agree with what he does and how he does it? No, and this is quite normal because we all have different perspectives and callings. We all do things differently, but because there is a diversity of gifts, callings and methods, that doesn't mean that just because we disagree, that it is actually false and not of God.

A false teacher or preacher is not a genuine born again believer in Christ. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He does not promote the Lordship of Christ, quite the opposite, he will promote New Age self dependence, and say that Number One is the most important person to be considered (by that I mean self, and self improvement). He will also promote liberalism in that it is not necessary to live a holy life, because Jesus forgave all sin, so it won't matter if we keep sinning. We won't be subject to any consequences if we sleep around, get involved in the occult, consult fortune tellers, because psychics can guide people just as well as the Holy Spirit. This is how the New Testament defines a false prophet, teacher, or preacher.

Just because a Charismatic preacher has unusual manifestations in his meetings and whole groups of people are slain in the Spirit, it doesn't mean that he is a false teacher. Actually, God is not very concerned about manifestations unless they are so out of control that they promote riotous living and lawlessness and a lack of self-control in people's daily living.

I just thought I would chuck that into the pot and see what boils up.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I know that there have been threads on this topic before and there has been quite a range of views, some very supportive, and others fairly harsh and unloving toward him.
The first question to be asked - Is he a born again Christian brother? If he is, then we have to love him as Christ loves us, because if we cannot love him like that, we know really know God at all, because God is pure love.
The next question I have is, does he preach the Lordship of Christ, the need to receive Christ as Saviour, the need to repent, and the necessity of living a holy life before God? If so, he cannot be a false preacher or teacher, because he is teaching the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
The next question is: are the manifestations of falling over in the Spirit and other manifestation associated with his ministry true or false? Well, if he is preaching truth as I have defined above, there is a good indication that the manifestations are true also.
Do we all agree with what he does and how he does it? No, and this is quite normal because we all have different perspectives and callings. We all do things differently, but because there is a diversity of gifts, callings and methods, that doesn't mean that just because we disagree, that it is actually false and not of God.

A false teacher or preacher is not a genuine born again believer in Christ. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He does not promote the Lordship of Christ, quite the opposite, he will promote New Age self dependence, and say that Number One is the most important person to be considered (by that I mean self, and self improvement). He will also promote liberalism in that it is not necessary to live a holy life, because Jesus forgave all sin, so it won't matter if we keep sinning. We won't be subject to any consequences if we sleep around, get involved in the occult, consult fortune tellers, because psychics can guide people just as well as the Holy Spirit. This is how the New Testament defines a false prophet, teacher, or preacher.

Just because a Charismatic preacher has unusual manifestations in his meetings and whole groups of people are slain in the Spirit, it doesn't mean that he is a false teacher. Actually, God is not very concerned about manifestations unless they are so out of control that they promote riotous living and lawlessness and a lack of self-control in people's daily living.

I was skeptical about Benny Hinn until I went to one of his meetings. What they don't show on videos is the hour long praise and worship before any preaching or healings. God inhabits the praises of His people. In other words, God shows up. LOL I also respect Kathryn Khulman and Benny came out of her ministry.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was skeptical about Benny Hinn until I went to one of his meetings. What they don't show on videos is the hour long praise and worship before any preaching or healings. God inhabits the praises of His people. In other words, God shows up. LOL I also respect Kathryn Khulman and Benny came out of her ministry.
It was Michael L Brown who has shown me how to distinguish between a true preacher and a false one. I have been skeptical of Benny Hinn, but when I considered him in the light of what he preaches, then the manifestations were true to me. You are different from any negative critic of anyone, you went to one of his meetings to see for yourself and you saw the whole thing, praise, preaching and ministry, and the combination of those were what convinced about him as a genuine preacher of the Gospel and a life-changing ministry for those who are ministered to by him. I saw a clip of him healing a deaf guy, who wasn't even a Christian. it was his believing wife who got him up there. When Benny laid hands on him, his hearing immediately returned and he started to stagger as his knees started to go weak under him. I was convinced that was genuine because the guy was a total unbeliever probably straight off the farm. His manner and speech suggested that he might have been from Arkinsaw! I'll bet he became a believer after that! When Benny Hinn came to New Zealand, a friend of mine, who was very discerning and strict about these things, viewed Benny as a true brother in Christ with a genuine ministry. Knowing my friend (who has since passed away) I was able to conclude that Benny's critics were just armchair ones who had never been to one of his meetings.

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscarr

do to the location of this post some on this form who would like to comment cant suggest you move it another forum location due to the rules if you truly want responses to your ?
I'll start another thread in the Denomination Specific Theology thread, because that is a more general one so you can respond. I wouldn't report you for responding here, but others might so I want to spare you that stress.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Not sure Oscarr. But, at times he does preach the gospel.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure Oscarr. But, at times he does preach the gospel.
A false teacher as defined in the New Testament doesn't preach the gospel, but preaches another Jesus who advocates lawlessness and unholy living.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'll start another thread in the Denomination Specific Theology thread, because that is a more general one so you can respond. I wouldn't report you for responding here, but others might so I want to spare you that stress.

Thank you
God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I had a thought on my way back from the gym this afternoon. I will share it here for the benefit of the Spirit filled folks who support Benny's ministry as being of God, even though they may not agree with everything he says and does.

Benny was mentored by Kathryn Khulman and because she was a healing evangelist with impeccable credentials, his mentoring was excellent and his calling, in my opinion, was as healing evangelist with a remarkable gift of prophecy, While he stuck to that calling, there were little problems with him.

Do folks remember the story about William Branham, the powerful healing evangelist in the 1950s and 60s? He preached in the power of the Holy Spirit with remarkable words of knowledge and healing - as long as he kept to his calling as a healing evangelist. But he decided to become a Bible teacher, much against the advice of all his brethen in the ministry. It was then that he started to teach some wacky doctrines, and after he died, his followers broke away from the mainstream Pentecostal churches and formed the "oneness" or "Jesus only" churches that believed that a person could be saved only if they were baptised in the Name of Jesus, and not the Father, Son and Holy Ghost". This caused one of the greatest divisions in the Pentecostal movement in the 20th Century. This shows that when a person moves out of their original prophetic calling, they lose the cutting edge of the Holy Spirit and are in danger of going into error. This is what happened to Branham. He started thinking that he was Elijah come back to herald the Second Coming.

Now, and this is my opinion, and you can kick it into touch if you want, but I think that Benny Hinn is going the same way. While he concentrated on being a healing evangelist, he was as sound as a rock. Sure, he copied Kathryn Khulman's falling over stuff, and although I am positive it was the Holy Spirit in her case, I have some small doubts about it in his case, but then, who am I to judge, because I have never been to any of his meetings to experience the atmosphere for myself. But he is coming up with some wacky doctrines, because I think that he is trying to be a Bible teacher when God has not called him to be one, in the same way that Branham started to come up with his wacky doctrines because he tried to be a Bible teacher outside of God's calling for his ministry.

I really do hope that Benny is humble enough to realise that and to listen to other mature men of God in the ministry who might recognise the error of his direction and give him loving and wise correction. If he doesn't listen, he could very well become another William Branham whom God had to remove through a motor accident to save irreparable damage to the body of Christ.

I suspect that some members with ID outside of the Spirit-filled and Pentecostal forums might jump on the bandwagon of what I am saying, but I hope that they have enough respect for Spirit-filled folks not to troll this post. But, you Pentecostal and Spirit-filled folks, don't be backward in coming forward with your views!

Upvote 0