United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I am hopeful and prayerful.

Hinn's nephew has come out and said he's encouraged by his uncle's words, but also hopes that it continues further.

If Benny Hinn has abandoned his past false teaching, that's worth celebrating. Maybe it will still take time to see where things go, but there is room for hope and prayer here.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I highly doubt men like Joel Olsteen, and Benny Hinn will actually preach what 1 Timothy 6:9-11 in what it plainly says.
Joel Ostend's net worth is $40 million. Benny Hinn's net worth is $60 million. They're paupers compared to Kenneth Copeland whose net worth is $300 million!!!

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Seriously though, you just described a large number of people here on these forums.
LOL. With time, I've become really boring. If my POV is not accepted, I may try to explain it once again. If rejected again, I keep my silence. And I listen. A couple of times I even went back and deleted my rejected messages. I thought that would be like shaking the dust off my feet. :)

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

Yes that is very true. In fact, before the end, I believe that all people will know the absolute truth that is The
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

yes, in fact, I believe that all people will know the absolute truth before the end. They will experience truth in such a way that they will know without any doubt The Gospel. However, once that happens they will have to go through Judgement. Everyone has to go through judgement but you want to go through it in this life.
Rom.14
  1. [10] But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
1Pet.4
  1. [17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
First one must be born again for the judgment described in 1Peter4. Trying to explain this is impossible to do without Christ enlightening the person who is to be born again. Seek and you shall find is a promise in The Word of God.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joel Ostend's net worth is $40 million. Benny Hinn's net worth is $60 million. They're paupers compared to Kenneth Copeland whose net worth is $300 million!!!

I already learned of the net worth of various prosperity preachers a long while back.
It's crazy how men can follow or speak positively of them.
Anyways, surely you are not trying to justify Benny Hinn's net worth and Olsteen's net worth, though, right?

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank God The Father that we are not their judge. In The Word of God that follows, it is all but impossible for a rich man to be saved. I have heard different interpretation of The Word but please pray for Christ to reveal the truth to you. Since He can only reveal truth, just ask for it.
Mark.10
  1. [25] It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Luke.18
  1. [25] For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Right after Christ Said this,
Mark.10

1. [26] And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

Luke.18

1. [26] And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?
The disciples wondered if anyone could be saved after Christ Spoke The Words. When you look up the word needle in Strong’s Concordance for the KJV Version, it uses a sewing needle in the definition. Those who are rich and read this typically want to hear a different definition. If they look, they should have little trouble finding what they are looking for. Be it the truth or a lie, it depends on what the individual is looking for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Anyways, surely you are not trying to justify Benny Hinn's net worth and Olsteen's net worth, though, right?
No, I wasn't. These amounts of net worth are ridiculous for any human being, let alone a preacher receiving donations.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know the man. Never meet him prayed with him.. no clue about where his heart is. For me... this IS how I see it.. I was about to be judged tossed put away forever.. I just knew how wrong evil I was. Yet this person comes up.. takes my place? Why? Has such love for me.. love I don't know of.. no one does this. They try but always walk away.. not one loves me .. like this one. I then am set free? I can't believe it...look at how many are here with me.. crying on there knees can't believe they are all set free. Now heirs to so much we can't grasp...

I can't go this road. See I have a choice. I look at my life 1st before I ever look at others. I then take my life account and put if against theirs IF I am going to make some kind of judgment. In that alone I MUST be walking in the fruits of the spirit.. and in love 1st Cor 13. Just what does love see look at..on and on. I then make sure I KNOW if I judge anyone.. the Father will judge me the same exact way I treated His kids.

I don't care about lol property (wont use the other name.. its used in a negitive way to many times) which is in His book. Or this or that doctrine. I focus on.. on what authority was I given over anyone and then over those a GOD has called. And sorry Danny.. who are you to be judging His kids? You were never given that power or authority. Now if one of the 12 spoke up..hands down I would listen. They always loved 1st..saw the good 1st..knew about their own lives. Knew about what Christ died for and what He remembers.

"that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." I was not set free to judge your life of something that was never once done against me. Nor was I given any authority over you.

• Winner
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know the man. Never meet him prayed with him.. no clue about where his heart is. For me... this IS how I see it.. I was about to be judged tossed put away forever.. I just knew how wrong evil I was. Yet this person comes up.. takes my place? Why? Has such love for me.. love I don't know of.. no one does this. They try but always walk away.. not one loves me .. like this one. I then am set free? I can't believe it...look at how many are here with me.. crying on there knees can't believe they are all set free. Now heirs to so much we can't grasp...

I can't go this road. See I have a choice. I look at my life 1st before I ever look at others. I then take my life account and put if against theirs IF I am going to make some kind of judgment. In that alone I MUST be walking in the fruits of the spirit.. and in love 1st Cor 13. Just what does love see look at..on and on. I then make sure I KNOW if I judge anyone.. the Father will judge me the same exact way I treated His kids.

I don't care about lol property (wont use the other name.. its used in a negitive way to many times) which is in His book. Or this or that doctrine. I focus on.. on what authority was I given over anyone and then over those a GOD has called. And sorry Danny.. who are you to be judging His kids? You were never given that power or authority. Now if one of the 12 spoke up..hands down I would listen. They always loved 1st..saw the good 1st..knew about their own lives. Knew about what Christ died for and what He remembers.

"that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." I was not set free to judge your life of something that was never once done against me. Nor was I given any authority over you.
Well said

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The guy is a preacher so cut him some slack. When you're a preacher you can't NOT do that, lol, it just comes naturally.
Many would not call Hinn a preacher by any stretch of the imagination. He is a celebrity, charismatic televangelist whose estimated worth is approx 60 million, whose questionable antics have made him profit greatly off the gospel.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many would not call Hinn a preacher by any stretch of the imagination. He is a celebrity, charismatic televangelist whose estimated worth is approx 60 million, whose questionable antics have made him profit greatly off the gospel.
Fine. Whatever. That's not really the point of that particular comment.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If Hinn is sincere is he going to give away his millions that he made from telling people the Holy Spirit wanted them to give their $ to receive a blessing from GOD & answered prayers? He could give to real Missionaries from other denominations that with their families live sometimes in dangerous circumstances on the bare minimum while they try to spread the gospel and plant a church.
I'd like to see Hinn & his wife downsize to the kind of modest homes and lifestyle that most of his viewers have , then I'd be more apt to believe he was changing his ways.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Fine. Whatever. That's not really the point of that particular comment.
Your defense of him was that Hinn was a "preacher" & therefore to "cut him some slack...." --so I was just sayin' ...... Hinn's not what a preacher looks like in my world.;)

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your defense of him was that Hinn was a "preacher" & therefore to "cut him some slack...." --so I was just sayin' ...... Hinn's not what a preacher looks like in my world.;)
Nope, not the point. Whatever you call it the man does "public speaking" for a living so he is going to default to his normal public speaking habits whenever he is in front of people. Regardless of the topic. So, critiquing his sincerity based on his style is kind of unfair... And I'm not defending him, I'm defending the possibility of repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, not the point. Whatever you call it the man does "public speaking" for a living so he is going to default to his normal public speaking habits whenever he is in front of people. Regardless of the topic. So, critiquing his sincerity based on his style is kind of unfair... And I'm not defending him, I'm defending the possibility of repentance.
Ok, whatever you say.... I just quoted your words.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
................ people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.......
I suppose it would be best if I went through the entire thread and looked at every post. But I just don't have the time right now.

But it seems to me that the OP video isn't exactly clear about what Mr. Hinn is renouncing.

Is it the entire biblical package concerning the principle of giving and receiving or is it just the many and certain ways that the teaching has been abused in Word of Faith circles?

I doubt that it is the former - nor should it be.

Although he isn't clear about it - perhaps it's the giving of a certain amount (e.g. the $1000 he mentioned) and expecting a commensurate blessing from the Lord as a result. I.e. - the Word of Faith equivalent of the heretical bought and paid for Catholic Mass.

I think we need more from Benny Hinn in order to better determine exactly what it is that he is denouncing before we comment.

Perhaps you could shed more light on things from other things he has said about it.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Without context of what was said before or after.
This all depends on how we define a false teacher. As I've said before the biblical standard is quite high. Malicious, willful deceit. Perhaps that's the case, but if so this is a strange move because it backs him in a corner. Would you say the people who follow him are false or deceived? Hopefully deceived. Then whose to say Benny wasn't also deceived himself? (I know many here have long been convinced that he did it willingly, but no one could truly know for sure). This is where time will tell... AND why this is a really good thing. Once you go down this path you throw away the "I was deceived card" so if you continue to do what is right, great. If you go back or do a different version of the same, you have no excuses, you aren't deceived.

As to the show he put on. The guy is a preacher so cut him some slack. When you're a preacher you can't NOT do that, lol, it just comes naturally.
Here you go-- context -- Before and after- as you wished.
Hinn still bears no resemblance to any preacher in my world. ;)

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married