Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke: Prophets of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grateful heart

Feb 23, 2005
NSW
✟8,677.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Grateful,
There were many investigations, including BBC, ABC where alleged healings were followed-up years later. I did not go to any of these meetings, but know about their format from TV ministries. However, I went to a Pentecostal meeting held in the house, as an observer. They believe in speaking in tongues and slaying in the Spirit. Pastor called me forward, put his hand on my head hoping that I fall backwards. He was saying that he feels the Spirit moving, where I did not feel anything. His hand has "encouraging" me to fall down. Sometime later, utterly bored, I walked away.
There much information/critique about Benny Hinn's ministry and Health/Wealth Name-it-Claim-it on the web if you wish to know.
Diana
Hmm cynicale secular media doing an honest report on Christians is more phony than any of these people imo. I have been slain in the spirit and was against it before i was so there you have it

and to the people who say" hod do you know they are saved etc etc" i understand this but how do you know they are not???

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
and to the people who say" hod do you know they are saved etc etc" i understand this but how do you know they are not???
Greetings, Grateful,
By their fruit you can tell them. Is person growing fruit of the Spirit that you can not miss noticing? Or is he/she is back to where he/she was before: a life of perpetual lying (not occassional), or perpetual coveting (not sometimes and repenting later), or back to a life of open homosexuality (not sometimes falling into sin, repenting and struggling and praying that God gives him/her grace). Sometime, of course, fruit is so small that you can miss it. Some time ago sometone opened my eyes to that you can miss a very small fruit. That is when we need to have enough love to encourage the sister/brother.

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
DIANAC said:
By their fruit you can tell them. Is person growing fruit of the Spirit that you can not miss noticing? Or is he/she is back to where he/she was before: a life of perpetual lying (not occassional), or perpetual coveting (not sometimes and repenting later), or back to a life of open homosexuality (not sometimes falling into sin, repenting and struggling and praying that God gives him/her grace). Sometime, of course, fruit is so small that you can miss it. Some time ago sometone opened my eyes to that you can miss a very small fruit. That is when we need to have enough love to encourage the sister/brother.

~ I agree with this idea. I also agree with applying standards equally. If you are judging this individuals by their fruits let us also judges ourselves and others by their fruits.
* John Calvin and his fruits? Numerous false teachings to include cessationism, and Jesus dying only for some. Theft of private property in Geneva. Burning fellow Christians (Servatus) at the stake.
* Martin Luther and his fruits? Extremely vulgar writtings laced with profanity. Encouraging knights to slaughter hundreds if not thousands of peasants. Lots of racist theology and other false teaching.
* Southern Baptist Convention and their fruits? Formed out of split over the issue of slavery. They were supportive of slavery. Until the early 1980s officially supported infanticide (Roe V Wade).
* The anti-Faith/anti-Word cult and their fruits? Knowing taking quotes from other Christians out of context and or downright lying about what others say and believe.
~Unless you are willing to apply the standards equally to others and yourself, then you really are out of line. Until you chose to give up your life and travel all over the world and endeavor to lead millions to Christ, your complaints seem rather puerile.
~ For the record, neither Hinn nor Bohnke claim to be prophets. They are evangelist. Biblically there is a HUGE difference.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Leimeng, greetings,
Amen to most. I beg to differ re. Hinn not claiming to be a prophet. He on one of his shows prophesied that he sees that in the near future dead will rise, where people will bring casket with the body of the dead loved one to the TV screen (during one of Hinn's events) and the dead will rise. I happened to catch that show. Also, he claimed that on one of his shows Jesus Christ will make a visitation, in person. That is why I am saying that it is easier to be a NT prophet - no danger of stonning.

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
DIANAC said:
Leimeng, greetings,
Amen to most. I beg to differ re. Hinn not claiming to be a prophet. He on one of his shows prophesied that he sees that in the near future dead will rise, where people will bring casket with the body of the dead loved one to the TV screen (during one of Hinn's events) and the dead will rise. I happened to catch that show. Also, he claimed that on one of his shows Jesus Christ will make a visitation, in person. That is why I am saying that it is easier to be a NT prophet - no danger of stonning.

~ Aah, that is the issue. Ok. A prophet is an separate office in the church that is a gift of Jesus to the Church. It is separate from the office of a pastor, an evangelist, a pastor, or a teacher.
~ A person who operates under a gift of prophecy, or who desires to prophesy is not an individual acting in the office of a prophet. Pastors and teachers who pray and see people get healed, or lead others to salvation are not part of the office of evangelism. They are pastors and teachers. The same for when an ordinary layman does these things. They are doing the work of an evangelist but not in the office of an evangelist.
~ An individual can prophesy or perhaps believe that they are saying what the Lord wants them to say but not be in the office of a prophet.
~ Theologians and other teachers can and do teach things that are wrong. (Check the above examples on Luther and Calvin.) In fact, teachers seem to have a higher standard of ministry than other offices according to the New Testament.
~ According to Biblical standards Hinn and Bohnke operated in the office of the Evangelist.
~ Moreover, there are at least two examples in the Bible where a prophet said something wrong and was not stoned. I will give you a few weeks to find them. :)
~ It is best to continue to pray for the men who are doing the work of ministry around the world to include Hinn and Bohnke. You should also make it a point to pray for your own pastor as well.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.