Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke: Prophets of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Roddick

Nov 22, 2004
✟306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What do we make of these self proclaimed prophets of God? Those like Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke who claim to be vessils of God without being accountable? Bohnke's crusade in Africa was a tragic gospel event of the century. 15 people in the crowd died of getting crushed under fellow crusaders. Where was the faith that could raise the dead? In the bible, Paul the apostle had similar circumstance when a man broke his neck from falling off the tree as he was listening to Pauls sermon. Paul out of sympathy and faith raised the dead man. Today's televangelists do nothing but exploit the poor and disgrace the name of God. Many come in hopes to be healed or to be prayed, but not a single event of miracle could be confirmed. Infact, most people who were terminally ill died shortly after their "supposed" miracle.

These televangelists are not accountable to anyone. Bible says "Do you have a prophecy? LET OTHER PROPHETS JUDGE IT."

The reason why televangelists' miracles cannot work is because God cannot perform miracles through false prophets like Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke. God cannot honor disgraceful men who claim to have come from him. How many times do you see Benny Hinn "personally" lay hands on these people to be healed but NOT EVEN ONE got better. No record of his healing what so ever.

I believe there is a special place reserved in hell for those that steal from the poor and perverse the word of God.

Richard

Legend
Aug 2, 2004
✟23,423.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Andy Roddick said:
What do we make of these self proclaimed prophets of God? Those like Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke who claim to be vessils of God without being accountable? Bohnke's crusade in Africa was a tragic gospel event of the century. 15 people in the crowd died of getting crushed under fellow crusaders. Where was the faith that could raise the dead? In the bible, Paul the apostle had similar circumstance when a man broke his neck from falling off the tree as he was listening to Pauls sermon. Paul out of sympathy and faith raised the dead man. Today's televangelists do nothing but exploit the poor and disgrace the name of God. Many come in hopes to be healed or to be prayed, but not a single event of miracle could be confirmed. Infact, most people who were terminally ill died shortly after their "supposed" miracle.

These televangelists are not accountable to anyone. Bible says "Do you have a prophecy? LET OTHER PROPHETS JUDGE IT."

The reason why televangelists' miracles cannot work is because God cannot perform miracles through false prophets like Benny Hinn and Reinhardt Bohnke. God cannot honor disgraceful men who claim to have come from him. How many times do you see Benny Hinn "personally" lay hands on these people to be healed but NOT EVEN ONE got better. No record of his healing what so ever.

I believe there is a special place reserved in hell for those that steal from the poor and perverse the word of God.

I do believe that as Christians , we should never condemn people to hell. When talking about such topics we used be sensitive to them. You have a good point, but the damnation and the judging ruined your argument. Remember... you could be the only Bible some people read...

Upvote 0

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Andy Roddick said:

I don't agree with Hinn's teachings 'n' the like(much less do I think he's a prophet, heh), but I'd be extremely careful before implying he was on the road to Hell.

osm

Upvote 0

Andy Roddick

Nov 22, 2004
✟306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
holo said:
Sorry, but here:is where you shot yourself in the leg.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

?? Bible says "JUDGE THE PROPHECY OF THE PROPHET" not the person. sorry but this is where you shot yourself in the head. Either you fully understand the argument or dont use rhetorics.

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hehe, I was just referring to what you said about others prophets judge it, and if so, you'd have to be a prophet yourself.

In any case I don't know too much about neither Hinn nor Bonnke, but I don't think it's really our job to go around "exposing" false teaching and such, but rather be lights in the darkness.
Besides, I'm not surprised if real men of God meets resistance, even from their own.
Aril Edvardsen, for example, a man who has led more muslims to Christ than I will ever meet in my life, was once blacklisted by the entire pentecostal community in his home country.

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
holo said:
Hehe, I was just referring to what you said about others prophets judge it, and if so, you'd have to be a prophet yourself.

In any case I don't know too much about neither Hinn nor Bonnke, but I don't think it's really our job to go around "exposing" false teaching and such, but rather be lights in the darkness.
Besides, I'm not surprised if real men of God meets resistance, even from their own.
Aril Edvardsen, for example, a man who has led more muslims to Christ than I will ever meet in my life, was once blacklisted by the entire pentecostal community in his home country.
Holo, greetings,
Much of the Bible teachings besides the personal holiness are commands to watch the doctrine, watch out for false teachers. The Bible commands us to be Bereans who checked the Scriptures to see if Paul's preaching were correct. It is not only correct it is necessary to expose the false teachings. Much was written on Benny Hinn and Bonnke about their "Sloppy" theology and unfulfilled prophecies. Come to think, it easier to be a prophet in the New Testament. In the Old Testament, if you claim to be a Prophet and your prophecy is not true - you will be stoned.
And yes, God can use anyone to bring him to salvation. Oral Roberts was instrumental in my salvation.
Diana

Reactions: bluemarkus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianMuse

Oct 1, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟1,272.00
Faith
Christian
I have listened to Hinn. I have listened to Bonnke. I do not think either is a stellar example of biblical knowledge. I do however class them in the role of evangelist. They do lead many to Christ.

As for healings. There are many reports of healings for both men. In the case of Hinn there are people that I know who have received healing and they continue in that healing today.

Is the real issue that of televangelists? I have read many threads that spout the same dislike (hatred?) for their actions and/or character. The same charges laid time and again. Is asking whether people believe them to be prophets or not a red herring?

:)

Upvote 0

grateful heart

Feb 23, 2005
NSW
✟8,677.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think benny Hinn has had mistakes(who hasnt) but if he is getting people saved then whats the problem? reinhardt Bonnke I believe is a great man of God and literally getting millions saved is proof, no one will 100% agree with one other person so why do you right them off just cause you have a few "concerns" with part of their theology, i think good on them.

Maybe there is envy among some people here that are the ones that hate these people so much JMO

Upvote 0

scham

Feb 17, 2004
Manchester
✟7,920.00
Faith
Christian
ChristianMuse said:
I have listened to Hinn. I have listened to Bonnke. I do not think either is a stellar example of biblical knowledge. I do however class them in the role of evangelist. They do lead many to Christ.

As for healings. There are many reports of healings for both men. In the case of Hinn there are people that I know who have received healing and they continue in that healing today.

Is the real issue that of televangelists? I have read many threads that spout the same dislike (hatred?) for their actions and/or character. The same charges laid time and again. Is asking whether people believe them to be prophets or not a red herring?

:)

:thumbsup: I'm not all that clued up on there biblical knowledge but the fact that both men have seen 1000's saved is good enought for me to believe that God is using them and I don't doubt
there salvation either

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
scham said:
:thumbsup: I'm not all that clued up on there biblical knowledge but the fact that both men have seen 1000's saved is good enought for me to believe that God is using them and I don't doubt
there salvation either
Firstly, how do we know that thousands are saved? Just because they come forward and fall backwords at Benny's meetings. This is very misleading. Salvation is evident by the "fruit" that person's bears. Secondly Christianity of theses men are based on the following precents: if you are saved and have a very good faith, as children of God we can claim health and wealth. Majority of these so called healings are sham. Besides, they say if you get sick again once you receive the healing, it due to your weak faith. So the guilt is on the sick person. Staff members of these ministers are dressed lavishly. They tell people that they have to give "seed money" and God will bless in retun manyfold. People write large checks to these ministries beyond their means. It's the Gospel of Health and Wealth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grateful heart

Feb 23, 2005
NSW
✟8,677.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, how do we know that thousands are saved? Just because they come forward and fall backwords at Benny's meetings. This is very misleading. Salvation is evident by the "fruit" that person's bears. Secondly Christianity of theses men are based on the following precents: if you are saved and have a very good faith, as children of God we can claim health and wealth. Majority of these so called healings are sham. Besides, they say if you get sick again once you receive the healing, it due to your weak faith. So the guilt is on the sick person. Staff members of these ministers are dressed lavishly. They tell people that they have to give "seed money" and God will bless in retun manyfold. People write large checks to these ministries beyond their means. It's the Gospel of Health and Wealth.
So do you have any solid proof about what you have said they have said and what u have supposedly seen? I mean to see the Majority of the healings are a sham u must be going to a lot of their meetings and interviewing a lot of people to say such a comment

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
grateful heart said:
So do you have any solid proof about what you have said they have said and what u have supposedly seen? I mean to see the Majority of the healings are a sham u must be going to a lot of their meetings and interviewing a lot of people to say such a comment
Hello, Grateful,
There were many investigations, including BBC, ABC where alleged healings were followed-up years later. I did not go to any of these meetings, but know about their format from TV ministries. However, I went to a Pentecostal meeting held in the house, as an observer. They believe in speaking in tongues and slaying in the Spirit. Pastor called me forward, put his hand on my head hoping that I fall backwards. He was saying that he feels the Spirit moving, where I did not feel anything. His hand has "encouraging" me to fall down. Sometime later, utterly bored, I walked away.
There much information/critique about Benny Hinn's ministry and Health/Wealth Name-it-Claim-it on the web if you wish to know.
Diana

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
DIANAC said:
There were many investigations, including BBC, ABC where alleged healings were followed-up years later.

I do not know of any such investigations done by the networks you mention. Howver, I do know that NBC and CBC have done such investigations. The conclusions found by these networks convince me that Benny Hinn is a phony who is using the Christian ministry as a tool for extortion.

Upvote 0

bluemarkus

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hello :)

please leave bonnke out of the wordfaith and sellout corner.

he may not be the cleverest person but has a great heart. which god uses mightily, and i think it is his great pleasure to work his power through "foolishness to men".
sometimes you just have to learn to let go of all the study and backing up things through scripture, and just have to trust your god.

i am pretty shure about him being an effective and powerful evangelist.
these days everyone has quick acces via computer to all kind of study tools, and my head gets dizzy when i read in a forum like this with hundreds of points of view. but where has our faith gone ? we are lukewarm as can be...

listen to a preaching of bonnke.
he is scripturally sound.
he is spiritually "anointed" or whatever you want to call it
he is calling us in our latter days to have bold faith, to wake up, get real
he has a heart for the people this is why god can use him in healing ministry

please do not compare such a man to hinn and the likes.
remember: the good shepherds don´t feed themselves from the flock....said ezekiel.

regards

MB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.