Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah, I didn't know it was on, otherwise I would have not watched it in protest. I am not a fan of Benny in the least, but I dislike these "journalism" shows all the more. Everytime they have a discussion about jesus they bring out fringe people like John Dominic Crossan (one of the Jesus seminar folk and a professor of biblical studies at De Paul) instead of guys who are respected among the Christian community.

Anyway, I would believe half of what they say about Benny Hinn, but even at half this guy makes me mad.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was actually healed by God when Benny Hinn was talking to the tv audience. You know the 'there is a person who has...whatever...God is healing that'? I had an open sore on my back for about a year, i was scared to go to the doctor and i was waiting on the Lord to heal it. Anyways Benny Hinn said, 'there is someone out there with a sore on their back for a long time, they are afraid to go to the doctor, God is healing that now' i just knew he was talking about me. Within 4 days it dried up, healed and literally fell off. I don't know why an evangelist on tv was used to give me the word that God was healing me, but i presume it is because i cannot cast the healing off as 'well it just happened to heal'

Upvote 0

Andyman_1970

Trying to walk in His dust...............
Feb 2, 2004
The Natural State
Visit site
✟12,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GreenEyedLady said:
Its discusting what this man is doing to the poor and needy.
thoughts?
GEL

GEL you and I don't agree on a whole lot of things on here, but on this one I'm gonna give you a bug :amen:

My "issue" with Mr. Hinn and the poor is not just those who he pursuades to give their money to him, but all the extravagant stuff he blows his money on that could be used to take care of the poor around him. Several times in the Gospel of Luke Jesus equates what you do with the material stuff you've been given with salvation/and or the person's eternal destination.

For me that kind of extravagant spending is the burr under my saddle not his miracles and healing.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Uncle Bud said:
Nah, I didn't know it was on, otherwise I would have not watched it in protest. I am not a fan of Benny in the least, but I dislike these "journalism" shows all the more. Everytime they have a discussion about jesus they bring out fringe people like John Dominic Crossan (one of the Jesus seminar folk and a professor of biblical studies at De Paul) instead of guys who are respected among the Christian community.

Anyway, I would believe half of what they say about Benny Hinn, but even at half this guy makes me mad.

Mainstream Chrisitans don't create enough controversy to make the show interesting. Not enough conflict. They have to use people with completely opposite views to create tension so people will tune in to watch the fight.

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Well they did an update on his minstry and exposed his expenses on TV.
This poor boy who was almost blind was used as a stage prop for his ministry. He told the whole world that the boy was healed and told the whole world that he would support this boys education. He took money using this boys name. The family claims they never recieved a dime. This man spends at times $10,000 per night at a hotel room using the ministries money. Sick, just sick.

Here is a new reality show for americans to watch and enjoy!

http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2004/09/06/televangelist-benny-hinn-to-host-last-faith-healer-standing/

“Last Faith Healer Standing.” The show, which will be hosted by popular televangelist Benny Hinn, will feature ten up and coming faith healers as they live under one roof and compete against each other by using “the power of God” to heal people. “This is a great opportunity for me,” says Justin Mello, a 24 year old faith healer from Mobile, Alabama. “I want to be the best faith healer in America. I can’t wait to get my hands on those cripples. Just you watch America. These hands can freakin’ heal!”

Hinn, who travels the world healing people at concert-like shows that charge as much as $150 per ticket, came up with the idea for the reality show.

“My profession is a very humble one. This isn’t about personal gain, it’s about healing people,” says Hinn while bathing in an African marble oversized bathtub at his luxurious estate in Miami, Florida. “We want to cure the maladies of those who suffer."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Iollain said:
I don't know exactly what the guy does with his money,

but,

in January there were 7 million people in India who heard the Gospel:

http://www.indiasalvationcrusade.com/

That would be a false gospel and a false Jesus.
This guy is a false preacher who is preaching a false Jesus and living a false life.
If people are putting thier faith in Benn Hinn, which is how he captures his audience, then they are not saved.

I need a trash can...............................
:sick: :sick:

Upvote 0

Andyman_1970

Trying to walk in His dust...............
Feb 2, 2004
The Natural State
Visit site
✟12,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:

http://www.indiasalvationcrusade.com/

However with his vast wealth how many of those people did he feed, or provide clean water to, or give medicine to? James tells us that if all you do is (in this case) share the gospel and don't take care of these peoples needs what's the point..............

Upvote 0

Gold Dragon

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,460.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Benny Hinn is definitely a controversial figure. And the Word of Faith movement continually grows at a phenomenal rate.

Hearing Yonggi-Cho speak in person, I was able to gain a little more respect for the movement which I stilll strongly disagree with in many respects. Sometimes I see these fringe Christian movements as indications where the Holy Spirit is trying tell us we've gone too far in one direction. Of course these movements then proceed to go too far in the other direction. I'm reminded of the reformation, puritan, restorationist, pentecostal, fundamentalist and adventists movements that have all impacted Christianity in some way over the last several centuries. What is Holy Spirit trying to tell us with the Word-of-Faith movement if anything? I know most think there is nothing to be learned from something they consider to be false teaching. But maybe there is something to be learned from them?

In no way am I trying to defend Benny Hinn's actions or the Word-of-Faith movement in general. I'm just trying to get us to look at it from a different perspective and use what many perceive as a negative to turn it into a positive. Maybe I'll just get tomatoes in return. :)

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
GreenEyedLady said:
That would be a false gospel and a false Jesus.
This guy is a false preacher who is preaching a false Jesus and living a false life.
If people are putting thier faith in Benn Hinn, which is how he captures his audience, then they are not saved.

I need a trash can...............................
:sick: :sick:

GEL, Hinn gives ALL the Glory to God, he does not preach himself at all.

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Andyman_1970 said:
However with his vast wealth how many of those people did he feed, or provide clean water to, or give medicine to? James tells us that if all you do is (in this case) share the gospel and don't take care of these peoples needs what's the point..............

Dude, i have no idea what else the ministry does, i'm not a Benny Hinn fanatic. Perhaps that is the sin he is dealing with in his life, having too much money at his fingertips, he is a human.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lockheed

Mar 2, 2005
✟816.00
Faith
Calvinist
Iollain said:
I don't know exactly what the guy does with his money,

but,

Please explain for us what the "Gospel" is, and how and where Hinn teaches it. I've not once heard the Gospel, as proclaimed in Scripture, stated by Hinn. I've heard a lot of other things, not found in Scripture, said by Hinn.

I'd like to be wrong...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.