Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
We have been talking about pledging ourselves to Jesus and how we can be confident that we will be faithful to live out our commitment.

Right from the start our Lord wants us to make sure our eyes are in the right direction...upon Him and not on us. If each of us were to be truthful we would say we have good and bad days, times when we feel totally "on fire" for God and other times when we seem to lack passion. We are challenged by His words, "would that you were hot!" and Yeshua's scolding rebuke, "because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of My mouth!"

How can we guarentee that we shall be a red hot bride for the Lord? The Song of Solomon holds the answer.

"Set Me as a seal on your heart,
like a seal on your arm." Song of Solomon 8:6

Jesus asks that He be the seal over our hearts. With Him as a seal we ARE sealed with passion, fortitude, longsuffering, stick-to-it-ness...He also is a seal against lukewarm apathy. He is the seal of fire and zeal. It is His NAME Yeshua-Jesus emblazened in gold over our hearts.

He also asks that we place Him as a seal on our arm. He wants to "tattoo" a rose with His name in the center. :D When we seal our arm with the Bridegroom then our tasks will become more and more virtuous for they will be united to His.

He tells us that "Love is a strong as death." Didn't Jesus prove this when He rose from the dead? Death couldn't keep Him in the grave. His love is as a brillant fire, the flame of Yahweh Himself. Death, hardship, floods can't even drown it!

We can be confident then if we have said "Yes!" to Jesus. He is our eternal seal. He placed His ring on our finger with a promise that He shall always be ours. We know He has done so spiritually but I would encourage all to find something that will remind you that you are a part of His bride if you haven't done so already or perhaps the Bridegroom Himself will surprise you!

willyoumarryme~Jesus.jpg

Set Me as a seal on you heart,
Like a seal on your arm,
For love is a strong as Death,
Jealousy as relentless as Sheol.
The flash of it as a flash of fire,
A flame of Yahweh Himself.
Love no flood can quench,
Nor torrents drown.
Song of Solomon 8:5-6

Jesus asks, "Will you be My own? Will you marry Me?" Are you a part His Bride?

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the Message translation of this verse:

“Hang my locket around Your neck, wear my ring on Your finger.
Love is invincible facing danger and death.
Passion laughs at the terrors of hell.
The fire of love stops at nothing ~ it sweeps everything before it.”

Though the Bride speaks these words in this verse, I agree that Christ says the same words. Because, if we desire and expect that Christ would place us as a seal on His heart, and on His arm, surely we could not do less than place Him as a seal on ours!

It also reminds me of another verse…

“I have engraved your name on the palms of My hands. Your walls are ever before Me.”
~ Isaiah 49:16

To me, the seal I have placed upon my heart (my promise to my Beloved) is the reminder of my love, devotion and commitment to Him.
The seal I have placed upon my arm (the ring on my finger, in my case) is for the people around me to see, like a token of my betrothal to Him.

“Love is as strong as death.”
Christ’s love for us was as strong as death ~ even stronger ~ for He defeated death!

“The fire of love…”
Our love for Christ, our Lover, is a fire that cannot be put out. It stops at nothing! Many waters could not quench our love for Him, nor could floods drown it ~ for nothing can defeat true love!
And our beloved Christ is King over the floods! Nothing could defeat His love for us.

Neither life nor death could stop me from loving Christ ~ let the floods do their worst!
“For if I have the gift of prophesy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:2

Yes, if I gain the world and do not know Love, I am nothing at all.

Abundant blessings!!
Your fellow Bride of Christ,
Steph ;)

Upvote 0

Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have been talking about pledging ourselves to Jesus and how we can be confident that we will be faithful to live out our commitment.

Right from the start our Lord wants us to make sure our eyes are in the right direction...upon Him and not on us. If each of us were to be truthful we would say we have good and bad days, times when we feel totally "on fire" for God and other times when we seem to lack passion. We are challenged by His words, "would that you were hot!" and Yeshua's scolding rebuke, "because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of My mouth!"

How can we guarentee that we shall be a red hot bride for the Lord? The Song of Solomon holds the answer.

"Set Me as a seal on your heart,
like a seal on your arm." Song of Solomon 8:6

Jesus asks that He be the seal over our hearts. With Him as a seal we ARE sealed with passion, fortitude, longsuffering, stick-to-it-ness...He also is a seal against lukewarm apathy. He is the seal of fire and zeal. It is His NAME Yeshua-Jesus emblazened in gold over our hearts.

He also asks that we place Him as a seal on our arm. He wants to "tattoo" a rose with His name in the center. :D When we seal our arm with the Bridegroom then our tasks will become more and more virtuous for they will be united to His.

He tells us that "Love is a strong as death." Didn't Jesus prove this when He rose from the dead? Death couldn't keep Him in the grave. His love is as a brillant fire, the flame of Yahweh Himself. Death, hardship, floods can't even drown it!

We can be confident then if we have said "Yes!" to Jesus. He is our eternal seal. He placed His ring on our finger with a promise that He shall always be ours. We know He has done so spiritually but I would encourage all to find something that will remind you that you are a part of His bride if you haven't done so already or perhaps the Bridegroom Himself will surprise you!

willyoumarryme~Jesus.jpg

Set Me as a seal on you heart,
Like a seal on your arm,
For love is a strong as Death,
Jealousy as relentless as Sheol.
The flash of it as a flash of fire,
A flame of Yahweh Himself.
Love no flood can quench,
Nor torrents drown.
Song of Solomon 8:5-6

Jesus asks, "Will you be My own? Will you marry Me?" Are you a part His Bride?

Indeed! Once you have come closer to Jesus, you are able to see the world thru His heart and His eyes, clearly the apathy you once were and the apathy of the world all around.

You are no longer able to be the way you once were, having already read His words of Truth. It is these words of Truth from God that are solid and unable to fall.

The seal is an excellent way of looking at it, for it describes the way in which one is forever sealed with His love or married to His soul and spirit.

One thing that constantly reminds me, is the way others behave. They are a constant reminder of the spiritual poverty that yet exists in the kingdom of heaven.

The purity of heart does seal us off from the unclean spirits which are not able to cling to those who have come closer to Jesus. We do not even have to make an effort at this, as the unclean spirits simply are not able to sway us or be part of us no longer. The truth does not allow them to.

The seal of Love and Truth that purifies our heart, mind, body and soul is the love and light of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the Message translation of this verse:

“Hang my locket around Your neck, wear my ring on Your finger.
Abundant blessings!!
Your fellow Bride of Christ,
Steph ;)

This makes me think of Arwen's Evenstar necklace that Aragorn always wore. Which always make me think of Jesus!!!:blush:

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is part of a song I wrote called "Seal Me." It seems to fit with what we are talking about.

The chorus says,

"Seal me, seal me
put your hand upon my heart
And remind me, Lord, remind me
that you finish what you start

Hold me closer, oh don't let me drift away
Until the day the morning breaks and the shadows flee away
Until the day the morning breaks and the shadows flee
away."

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I love so much what everyone said! What wonderful thoughts! What beautiful hearts turned towards the King! I loved the poetry Amy. I loved what you shared from the Message Steph and about the Bride asking the Bridegroom to set her as a seal on His heart. Amy's comparison to Aragorn wearing Arwen's necklace is wonderful like unto our "Aragorn" is so touching. Jesus' wounded breast is truly our seal on His heart. Whenever He looks at that massive wound He thinks of us. And Andrew always reminds me of John the Beloved as his theme is love for Jesus and others and purity.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for the feast!

One more comparison for the words "set me as a seal on you arm (or hand...) Braveheart, when William Wallace is excuted on what looks like a cross. He has carried the scarf of his first love all the time. It falls from his hand when he dies.

Ya gotta love Jesus! :hug:

Hey can anyone think of more comparisons?

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
kisstheson said:
Hey can anyone think of more comparisons?
Well, I found a great translation of this verse...
It's from the CEV:

"Always keep me in your heart
and wear this bracelet
to remember me by.
The passion of love
bursting into flame
is more powerful than death,
stronger than the grave.
Love cannot be drowned
by oceans or floods;
It cannot be bought
no matter what is offered."
~ SOS 8:6-7

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you dear sister! I take this verse as being from Yeshua as His is the only love stronger than the grave. He is our Resurrected Lover!

"Always keep me in your heart
and wear this bracelet
to remember me by.
The passion of love
bursting into flame
is more powerful than death,
stronger than the grave.
Love cannot be drowned
by oceans or floods;
It cannot be bought
no matter what is offered."
~ SOS 8:6-7

Spring flowers from His heart:

get-attachment.aspx

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is part of a song I wrote called "Seal Me." It seems to fit with what we are talking about.

The chorus says,

"Seal me, seal me
put your hand upon my heart
And remind me, Lord, remind me
that you finish what you start

Hold me closer, oh don't let me drift away
Until the day the morning breaks and the shadows flee away
Until the day the morning breaks and the shadows flee
away."

This is lovely! :D

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We are challenged by His words, "would that you were hot!" and Yeshua's scolding rebuke, "because you are lukewarm I will spew you out of My mouth!"

How can we guarentee that we shall be a red hot bride for the Lord?..............................
Jesus said:

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

So if that is the case we would need to return to JESUS who is our first love. HE is to be our priority each day. Ministering our love to Him is most important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Remember Jesus. I used to carve crosses out of sea shell, simular to the one below. They were worthless cost wise, yet so beautiful to look apon.

I still want to get back into creating the things that remind us of Jesus. There is something magical that happens to you when you create something to remind us of Him. I like the idea that the cross I carve out of the sea shell is worth more than my life, for the cross will live on for centuries into the future for many to behold.

Let the beauty of the heart within shine forth in the world in your works.
s17crossa.jpg

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
My J4Jesus! You look lovely! I must say so. Thanks for sharing with us about repenting and returning to our first love.:hug:
Thank you :)

I thought that was something how I came and read this and it just went right along with my signature! :D

EDIT-
Did you see my homepage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.