✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you guys!
I can tell from my daughter's bank statement that she got her benefits last month, but don't know about this month; I don't have my own statments. I think I got mine last month, based on the total I have in the bank.
Please also pray that the energy assistance will come through even though I don't have as new enough a statement for my daughter's account as they require. Thanks again. I'm getting ready for my energy assistance appointment now.

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father, we praise you and thank you that you are with us in our times of need. I pray Lord, that as the energy assistance has been put into your hands that you grant Robin favour with those who make the decisions and will help her. We all thank you Lord for the miraculous ways You work in our life, and even when we take for granted those things that happen, You bring back to our remembrance that it is all You standing behind us, beside us and carrying us.

Amen

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just want to tell everyone a HUGE thank you. Having been sick I hadn't been around as much as usual, and was really feeling spiritually drained and distant. But even this first morning back full-time, praying and catching up on threads, I feel so much better, connected and back in line.
These forums are a wonderous thing and the people here are just as wonderful.

Praise God and May He bless Everyone and show His reality to those whom need.

Senn

Upvote 0

Sennaria

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
Hill Country, Texas
✟17,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok I had to share this...it was over on another thread where we were discussing the names of God...and it fit so perfectly in this thread I asked ConstanceB the poster if she minded if I put it here.

About the names of God: I read in an old Scofield reference Bible something I loved; it's not in the later ones.

"El-Shaddai", "The God Who Is Sufficient For All His People", had the nuance of "The Breasted One", sometimes also interpreted "God Of The Mountains" -- mountain being a metaphor for breast, like a Song of Solomon metaphor. Scofield explained that "Breasted One" was not to imply a femaleness to Father God, and "Of The Mountains" was not to imply earth-worship. The metaphor meant that God gave physical being to us; holds us tightly in his arms; and He feeds us what is appropriate for our spiritual maturity. It made me cry to read it. Even if that interpretation has fallen out of favor, it was so meaningful to me that I still hold to it.

I had never heard this, but it fits right in here I thought, so I hoped everyone could appreciate it for what it means.

Senn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
A few pages back some of you were sharing how the Lord had given you or you had purchase a token to express you love, commitment and devotion to Jesus.

I would like to pick up on the idea of us pledging our love to Christ. If we were to compare our "Yes!" to the Lord like unto a marriage what hope do we that our marriage to Jesus is eternal? Just look at the divorce rate in a modern times! Over fifty percent of marriages end up in divorce? Do we have the strength, the fortitude. the passion and love to stay true to the Bridegroom Jesus?

The years I have dedicated my life to the Lord have increased to thirty five this Feburary. The "older I get in the Lord" the more I have come to realize how week and fearful I am. I no longer say, "I'll climb the mountains, cross the seas, go to ends of the earth for You. I would die for You." Yes I used to make those passionate proclaimations in my younger days in the faith. I was so certain of my strong affection for God. But now I cling to Him. Now I ask Him to put me in His heart because I know how l am but a frail little one, not a mighty sword swinging warrior. I have too many..."What if's?"
"What if I fail?" is one of the big ones.

Jesus our always compassionate Bridegroom understands our vulnerability and weekness. He set into motion a perfect plan...

We will talk more about this wonderous plan tomorrow.

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[kisstheson]A few pages back some of you were sharing how the Lord had given you or you had purchase a token to express you love, commitment and devotion to Jesus.

I would like to pick up on the idea of us pledging our love to Christ. If we were to compare our "Yes!" to the Lord like unto a marriage what hope do we that our marriage to Jesus is eternal? Just look at the divorce rate in a modern times! Over fifty percent of marriages end up in divorce? Do we have the strength, the fortitude. the passion and love to stay true to the Bridegroom Jesus?

The years I have dedicated my life to the Lord have increased to thirty five this Feburary. The "older I get in the Lord" the more I have come to realize how week and fearful I am. I no longer say, "I'll climb the mountains, cross the seas, go to ends of the earth for You. I would die for You." Yes I used to make those passionate proclaimations in my younger days in the faith. I was so certain of my strong affection for God. But now I cling to Him. Now I ask Him to put me in His heart because I know how l am but a frail little one, not a mighty sword swinging warrior. I have too many..."What if's?"
"What if I fail?" is one of the big ones.

Jesus our always compassionate Bridegroom understands our vulnerability and weekness. He set into motion a perfect plan...

We will talk more about this wonderous plan tomorrow.

I can relate to what your saying here :)

I would like to share a couple of verses with you that I pray will encourage you.

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31)

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer
My God, my strength in whom I trust
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold (Psalm 18:20)

Be encouraged kisstheson because greater is He that is in you. Your destined to finish the race and finish it well. No way will you fail.

Have a blessed day :wave:

Reactions: Sennaria
Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I can relate to what your saying here :)

I would like to share a couple of verses with you that I pray will encourage you.

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31)

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer
My God, my strength in whom I trust
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold (Psalm 18:20)

Be encouraged kisstheson because greater is He that is in you. Your destined to finish the race and finish it well. No way will you fail.

Have a blessed day :wave:

Thank you very much! Indeed this is so encouraging!

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, Nonreligious, good to hear from a new person! (If you've posted here before, I beg your pardon; I'm fairly new myself.
For those who have been praying for my financial situation, I have wonderful news. Both my SSD and SSI checks are now in my account. I normally receive them by direct deposit, but because there was a change in the address, they sent them by mail and they were deposited late in the month. Everything about that matter is okay!
I had a real trial yesterday. I was trying to find the energy assistance office for an appointment, and I ended up walking for hours all over town as people gave me wrong or inconclusive directions. It was raining and windy and cold (it had snowed earlier in the morning!) and I could scarcely find a place to sit down. I have a bad hip, and it's wondrous that I managed all the walking I did, although I did do some crying and complaining. Things started to turn when I went into a church for help. Finally able to use a restroom, and finally learned I had been walking miles in the wrong direction. They looked up the business where I was going and drew a map for me. The bus that goes along that street runs infrequently. So after I left, I prayed that my bus would come soon after I reached the stop. It came immediately! I was very thankful for little things while I was having such a hard time. Although I was way too late for my appointment, I still tried to find the place because I couldn't get through by phone. After I got off the bus, I tried walking. Wish now that I had waited for the other bus instead. My ankle gave out and I couldn't trek further! Fortunately (another blessing) I was right by the lightrail stop, so I was able to go home with little trouble--less walking than if I had taken the bus I usually do from that city.
So now I pray for quick recovery of my ankle so I can do all the things I need to do, like put out the monthly newsletter I edit. The problem with the ankle is that I have sprained it numerous times from falling frequently and eventually it never fully healed. So strain from too much walking or standing can make it be like it was sprained all over again. I have been using an air cast, and today, to get to some appointments, an ace bandage under boots. Fortunately, it barely rained today and there wasn't much wind, although there was some snow on the ground when I set out this morning. The sun came out and it warmed up. I hope you don't mind these details on this thread. I wanted you to hear both my prayer requests and answers and the blessings along the way. I am glad I survived the scary crisis about my income and the difficult lost episode yesterday. And I'm amazed my problem hip didn't give me too much trouble. Praise God!

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have caught up in my reading of the thread, and just in these few pages of short words was so much encouragement. The scripture about strength reminded me of my appointment with my counselor today. He said he was proud that I was standing up and doing everything I could to take care of my difficult situation, using my voice, which is so often squelched by myself or others. I still don't have the boldness to talk to strangers or many acquaintences about Jesus, and it makes me feel really bad. Too much fear of man, after all God has done for me! I need prayer to become more of a soldier and witness for God.
Thanks again for being a community here! May that community spread to other places as well!:kiss:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Precious Robin! :hug:

I have tears in my eyes as I read how the Lord answered your prayers!

I am crying for that reason yes, but mostly because of what you said about being adraid to tell strangers about Jesus. He wouldn't want you to retreat into yourself because of it. He asks that you come to Him and ask Him to enable you where you are not able. Just like Peter feared to speak openly about Him but later found the courage to speak in front of three thousand people, so will Jesus work this courage into you.

In the mean time (here come the tears again) He is sooo pround of you! He is crying because He truly desires you to know He loves you so very much. He would take you into His arms and kiss you and tell you not to be afraid of anything because fear involves punishment but perfect love casts out fear. You are growing step by step and even through your difficult walk to places you had to go to He was walking close beside you. You as His bride experieneced just a little of His sufferings in the pain you felt. And now...let Him minister to your hurts and wash your feet. You are growing more and more ever day!

Again I know that all who frequent this thread would shout a big "Hurrah!" to you, give a big hug and a warm kiss on the cheek!

We love you Robin!!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Amy!

I forgot to add, in reference to the forever bridehood of Christ:
Before my ceremony to confirm my marriage to Jesus, a friend who is a Mormon asked if it was a Celestial Marriage. I didn't know how to answer her at the time because I am not a Mormon and do not hold the same beliefs about marriage that they do. They believe that if you are a Mormon and get married in their Temple, your marriage will last past death into Heaven and you will have spirit children to inhabit new worlds. I could not say that it was one of their kinds of mariage. But as far as its lasting forever, it is THE Celestial Marriage! And its children are the virtues and new souls that it brings, which indeed are spiritual.

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Robin!! :hug:
Isn't He wonderful? He is always there, right beside us, willing to help us and guide us. :clap:

Praying for you, and I know Jesus is the great Provider. He will provide you with everything you need and more!

Here are some great Psalms that have been encouraging to me:

"You are awesome, O God. You give power and strength to Your people."
~ Psalm 68:35

"It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect."
~ Psalm 18:32

"The Lord is the strength of His people ~ a fortress of salvation for His annointed one."
~ Psalm 28:8

"The Lord is my strength and my song. He is my salvation."
~ Psalm 118:14

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. Those are a lot of "strengths."
I have been playing some games on another site, and Jesus is helping me. I've never done so good in those games before! Isn't it neat he even cares about the little things? Just to be with us as we go about our daily life. I noticed he was blessing me with unusual success in a game, and the more I rejoiced in him the more he continued to help me!
God is awesome!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.