Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Boy and John 3:16

In the city of Chicago, one cold, dark night, a blizzard was setting in. A little boy was selling newspapers on the corner, the people were in and out of the cold. The little boy was so cold that he wasn't trying to sell many papers.

He walked up to a policeman and said, "Mister, you wouldn't happen to know where a poor boy could find a warm place to sleep tonight would you? You see, I sleep in a box up around the corner there and down the alley and it's awful cold in there at night. Sure would be nice to have a warm place to stay."

The policeman looked down at the little boy and said, "You go down the street to that big white house and you knock on the door. When they come out the door you just say John 3:16 and they will let you in."

So he did, he walked up the steps to the door, and knocked on the door and a lady answered. He looked up and said, "John 3:16."

The lady said "Come on in, Son." She took him in and she sat him down in a split bottom rocker in front of a great big old fireplace and she went off.

He sat there for a while, and thought to himself "John 3:16.... I don't understand it, but it sure makes a cold boy warm."

Later she came back and asked him "Are you hungry?" He said, "Well, just a little. I haven't eaten in a couple of days and I guess I could stand a little bit of food."

The lady took him in the kitchen and sat him down to a table full of wonderful food. He ate and ate until he couldn't eat any more. Then he thought to himself "John 3:16... Boy, I sure don't understand it, but it sure makes a hungry boy full."

She took him upstairs to a bathroom to a huge bathtub filled with warm water and he sat there and soaked for a while. As he soaked, he thought to himself, "John 3:16... I sure don't understand it, but it sure makes a dirty boy clean. You know, I've not had a bath, a real bath, in my whole life. The only bath I ever had was when I stood in front of that big old fire hydrant as they flushed it out."

The lady came in and got him, and took him to a room and tucked him into a big old feather bed and pulled the covers up around his neck and kissed him good night and turned out the lights. As he laid in the darkness and looked out the window at the snow coming down on that cold night he thought to himself, "John 3:16... I don't understand it, but it sure makes a tired boy rested."

The next morning she came back up and took him down again to that same big table full of food. After he ate she took him back to that same big old split bottom rocker in front of the fireplace and she took a big old Bible and sat down in front of him and she looked up at him and she asked, "Do you understand John 3:16?"

He said, "No, Ma'am, I don't. The first time I ever heard it was last night when the policeman told me to use it." She opened the Bible to John 3:16 , and she began to explain to him about Jesus. Right there in front of that big old fireplace he gave his heart and life to Jesus. He sat there and thought, "John 3:16. I don't understand it, but it but it sure makes a lost boy feel safe."

John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
This is truly a "Yeshi moment." What do I mean by that? Those that are my close friends know that this is one of my favorite names for Jesus. It's actually a nick name form His Hebrew name Yeshua. I discovered the name in biblical fiction book about the life of Christ and it stuck with me. I usually say it when I read, hear or see something that so "rings of Him," It is like His kiss to my heart and then I instantly sigh..."Yeshi...!" I know I am receiving a special love gift from Him.

Your words Andrew were certainly a "Yeshi moment" for me, especially this quote:

"Here is an easy truth: Do you think Jesus wants you to feel the words he says?

Or even better: Do you think Jesus wants you to become the words He speaks? :)

This is the most joyous thing for me, as I can read for days, weeks, months and years, the words of Jesus, and never tire of them.

I read them again, and each time I read them, it does something to me.

I could stand in one place on the planet and only say one sentence from Jesus, to all who pass by, then my life would be significant, for I am helping the Holy Spirit draw you closer to Him. Maybe not all of you, but if even one of you is drawn, then my life is a life that is a true and faithful freind of Jesus.

I think to myself, is there any thing more valuable than this?

So when I wake, I know that I can speak everyday with others, in a loving manner, in a gentle manner, and even if I am not speaking of Jesus or the lessons, I am still a true and faithful freind of Jesus, by my manner.

So then I think, WOW! I can be gentle like Jesus, without a word, and others can feel the precense of a true and faithful freind of Jesus, without even knowing Jesus is there!

Is this the True life Jesus speaks of for us?"

I would love to say more but all my expressions are now turning inward towards "Yeshi," my Yeshua...:hug:

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In 1984, during the time when I had a barage of creative imagesand impressions, Jesus impressed upon me that "wife is life." I didn't realize what that meant, but it stuck in my memory because it rhymed. Now I have come to realize that he meant that his wife, his bride, lives his life in this world, for he is in Heaven and we are filled with his Spirit and walking on the earth.
It is interesting that in places such as Psalm 22, the word for "life" or "soul" is alternately translated "darling one."
When Jesus gave up all that God had given him to go to the cross, one of the things that he laid on that altar was his disciples--us. He had to let them go through the loss of him, of all things! So must we lay down all that God gives us, to take it up again only as God breathes life into it again. That is the resurrection story lived out in our lives time and time again. He who lays down his life for Christ's sake will gain it for eternal life.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
WOW! That's totally awesome Robin! Man!

Is there any way you can supply a source for the information about soul being "darling?" Wife is life...a big heart for Jesus!

What you said about laying us on the altar of the cross is so true. Also, I cannot imagine the deep sorrow and fear they felt when He died. :cry:

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In 1984, during the time when I had a barage of creative imagesand impressions, Jesus impressed upon me that "wife is life." I didn't realize what that meant, but it stuck in my memory because it rhymed. Now I have come to realize that he meant that his wife, his bride, lives his life in this world, for he is in Heaven and we are filled with his Spirit and walking on the earth.
It is interesting that in places such as Psalm 22, the word for "life" or "soul" is alternately translated "darling one."
When Jesus gave up all that God had given him to go to the cross, one of the things that he laid on that altar was his disciples--us. He had to let them go through the loss of him, of all things! So must we lay down all that God gives us, to take it up again only as God breathes life into it again. That is the resurrection story lived out in our lives time and time again. He who lays down his life for Christ's sake will gain it for eternal life.

This is really beautiful, Robin. Thank you for sharing this with all of us here.

Jesus is our Life, our Soul, and THE Darling One!:blush:

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
102670img2.jpg

I am with you always even unto the end of the world!
-Jesus​

Upvote 0

Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
KisstheSon...hello! :)

I am feeling better now...had a nasty cold.

I am back to my usual self, and happy to be here once again to praise our true love. I feel such a connected feeling with you here, and it is such a joyous thing for me each day, knowing your faithful love is in harmony with our faithful freind Jesus.

So here I go again! :)

Coming closer to Jesus, strengthens your ability to see clearly, the truth in all things.
It is by means of seeing the truth, that Jesus is able to free you from all the captivities of the world that seek to enslave us.

Take a look at credit card companies that charge high interest rates. Furniture stores and the like lower their prices, while getting a kick back from the banks to loan you money to purchase the products. Most times, even while these items are on sale prices, the individual pays many times over the regular price when they eventually finish paying the interest off on such things. While these things are petty and small on the scale of that which is not of God, they are yet one more distraction and harm we do to one another in a world lacking in love.

Jesus despised the money lenders, for Jesus wanted us to know that all things of the world are useless, and only create slaves of all of us who worship monetary valuables.

Move past the desire for these things which distract us away from each other, as the desire for great wealth replaces the desire to help one another, taking priority over our love for one another...foolishness.

The world continues on in this manner, blatantly ignoring those born behind the walls of poverty, of whom nearly 30,000 children are left to die...every single day.

This disreguard for others is testimony to the spiritual poverty in the world as a whole, of which none of us are able to deny, unless you are one of those who love Jesus completely, and have surrendered your life willingly to God's divine will for mankind.

The divine will of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit is for us to lift ourselves up out of the spiritual poverty, to the highest place, called the kingdom of heaven on earth, where there is no suffering, nor crying, nor want of useless things. In the kingdom of heaven, the wealth of love is everywhere, surrounding all of us, even those who have yet to find God.

It is upon the shoulders of all those who have become enlightened by the light and love that Jesus has for us, which lights up our hearts and our minds.

Those of you who have found Jesus, having surrendered your life to Him, have likely been shown the pure and perfect love by means of the Holy Spirit, even if you are yet unaware of having been shown.

I have met Jesus in the kingdom of heaven, and my heart, mind and soul dwell with him, every second of everyday.

Every footstep, every breathe, every word I take, is for Jesus.

Jesus is more worthy of our life than we are, as Jesus is able to make more use of our life than any man alive today could possibly do. When you are filled with the love of Jesus, everything makes sense, and you are able to embrace all things. It is so simple to see and feel the love of Jesus, just open your hearts and minds completely to Him, and He will flow into you completely, pushing out all petty and foolishness within you.

Give your life to Jesus, so that He can bring love to those in desperate need of you.

Did you know that those in very poor places, actually have a greater love for one another than do most in the wealthier parts of the world. Go and spend some time with those in poverty, and you will learn more about love than any other place.

Do these things for Jesus, and save those who can be saved. Help heal them, and stay with them until they too, are strong and able to survive, and Jesus will give you His pure and complete love, which fills your heart and mind with overflowing tears of the greatest love known to mankind...the love of Jesus!

Jesus explained so many things to us already, yet so many of us still do not embrace Him.

Embrace just one thing that was spoken, such as, "How is it that such wealth, has fallen into such (spiritual) poverty?" and already you are standing before God this moment!

In those few words alone, we are already judged, and yet we do not realize what has already taken place. The son of God has looked apon us all, and opened His heart completely to us, crying out to us, to return to the divine will of our creator.

How can any of us turn from this moment, and not realize our plight? Is it possible that foolishness and darkness is really so dark for our hearts not to feel these true words of our brother that loves us, yet we deny His love for us, that wants to lift us up? Foolish indeed for all and any who turn from this one simple thing He is attempting to open our hearts to.

It is not so much guilt that we need to embrace, rather it is realization of where we are, either spiritually in poverty, or spiritually enlightened by words which are a gift of love given to you by Jesus.

Invite Jesus into your heart, mind, body and soul, and bring to life the love of Jesus in the world, helping the divine will of God, for all of mankind, to walk in the kingdom of heaven on earth!

I stand with you Jesus, at your side, a faithful freind whom you have helped open my heart to your heart, and I feel your pure and perfect love grow stronger in me each day.

I will continue help you strengthen others as you have done for me, with the light that pushes out all darkness within, and a light which lights up the whole world. For you are my true love that I can no longer turn away from my overflowing heart which honors you.

I am honored to stand before you, in your light, and I am moved to tears, that You prayed for me.

Thank you father, for our brother who loves us so much, and has faith in us so much, that he died for us, in order to truly open our eyes. Our eyes, ears, hearts, mind, body and soul have been opened, clearly revealing to us, all things hidden in the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

Jesus praying for you.

Jesus-praying.jpg
JesusPraying.jpg

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm back!! :wave:
Ah, so much to say...

Isn't it amazing how when you "trust in God with all your heart, and lean not upon your own understanding" everything works out just perfectly, right down to the very last detail?
I have had the best couple of weeks of my life! ^_^
The trip went perfectly, and the very first house we found was the right one. :)
I'll have to rush off again in a moment, as I'm still helping my parents unpack the car, and the crate with all our furniture is arriving anytime now...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Amy! May our Beloved Jesus Christ bless you abundantly in the year to come, as you are a blessing to so many others.

Here is a song that has been on my heart lately:

Friend And King

My eyes are ever on You, Lord
You guide me with your hand
This road I take is led by You
I will walk Your ways

In my day of trouble, Lord
I can depend on You
I'm hidden in Your presence now
Established by Your grace

I am Yours
Forever I will sing
Faithful is my Friend and King
I am Yours
Forever I will sing
Faithful is my Friend and King

~Steph

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is something that Max Lucado wrote, that I just had to post...

You have captured God's heart.
Just look at the gifts he has given you: He has sent his angels to care for you, his Holy Spirit to dwell in you, his church to encourage you, and his word to guide you. You have privileges only a fiancée could have. Anytime you speak, he listens; make a request and he responds. He will never let you be tempted too much or stumble too far. Let a tear appear on your cheek, and he is there to wipe it. Let a love sonnet appear on your lips, and he is there to hear it. As much as you want to see him, he wants to see you more.

He is building a house for you. And with every swing of the hammer and cut of the saw, he’s dreaming of the day he carries you over the threshold. “There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am” (John 14:2–3).

You have been chosen by Christ. You are released from your old life in your old house, and he has claimed you as his beloved. “Then where is he?” you might ask. “Why hasn’t he come?”

There is only one answer. His bride is not ready. She is still being prepared.

Engaged people are obsessed with preparation. The right dress. The right weight. The right hair and the right tux. They want everything to be right. Why? So their fiancée will marry them? No. Just the opposite. They want to look their best because their fiancée is marrying them.

The same is true for us. We want to look our best for Christ. We want our hearts to be pure and our thoughts to be clean. We want our faces to shine with grace and our eyes to sparkle with love. We want to be prepared.

Why? In hopes that he will love us? No. Just the opposite. Because he already does.

You are spoken for. You are engaged, set apart, called out, a holy bride. Forbidden waters hold nothing for you. You have been chosen for his castle. Don’t settle for one-night stands in the arms of a stranger.

Be obsessed with your wedding date. Guard against forgetfulness. Be intolerant of memory lapses. Write yourself notes. Memorize verses. Do whatever you need to do to remember. “Aim at what is in heaven . . . Think only about the things in heaven” (Col. 3:1–2). You are engaged to royalty, and your Prince is coming to take you home.

~*~

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Yayyyyyyy! Hurrah!!!! Look!!! Steph's back!!! :clap: :D :hug: :wave: ^_^

I'm sure I speak for all. We missed this link in our fellowship of love around the Lord Jesus.

Hot digedy dog!!! Welcme back sister girl!

Do you have to go to a new school now? Are you in whole new town or state? What's up?

I'm excited about something also. Once again I'm directing two Passion Plays, mine and one for the Catholic Church. Imagine that! I have two different shows I have to be at on Palm Sunday. Mine (the one I wrote) is in the morning and the big one is at night. I love it, love it, love it!!!

Here's a picture of Chris Kilroy who portrays Jesus in my play. He is being anointed before he goes on stage. Well I just had to this with my friends here. (Say, where Senn and Robin? They haven't been here in a few days.)

Chrisbeinganointedbeforeplay.jpg

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Amy!!!
Wow, it sure is great to be back! ^_^

Yep, I'm in Victoria now, the other side of Australia! I lived in Melbourne when I was a bit younger, so everything is pretty familiar.
I haven't got a new school yet, but I'm thinking about distance education, as I haven't had too great an experience with highschool... but anyway... :)

Wow!! I bet you're going to be kept busy!! Two shows on the same day?! Sounds exciting though! I wish I could be there to see it!
I'm sure it will go really really well! :D

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
"He is building a house for you. And with every swing of the hammer and cut of the saw, he’s dreaming of the day he carries you over the threshold. “There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am” (John 14:2–3)."

Jesus the Princely Knight carrying His Bride over the threshold.

redchamber1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh Amy, that picture is absolutely beautiful. I love seeing your artwork!
I totally agree, JPPT!

We have just had an absolute disaster.
We finally got our crate... and let's just say our furniture would probably have been less damamged if you threw it off the grand canyon. :doh:
My mum is really upset as our brand new appliances are ruined and our treasured family heirlooms are cracked and smashed. :sigh:
It's the kind of thing you have to see to believe! The only explanation is that the crate tipped over, but still... there is a crazy amount of damage done.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not upon your own understanding." :sigh:

Upvote 0

InHisPeace

Alive and free
Sep 29, 2005
Australia
✟11,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You hold it all at once
The earth and all within
You look with eyes of love
To the sons of man
That I am known by You
Compels my heart to sing

I live to know You more
I live to know You more
For me to live is Christ
To know You is my life

The storms will come and go
There's laughter and there's pain
Your kindness leads me on
To the light again
So I live and breathe
And find myself in You
I live to know You
I live to know You
I live to know You more

I count it all but loss
Compared to knowing You
I give my life away
To know You any day

~*~

I'm in a lyric posting mood... :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.