Believing into our death/resurrection...

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christianity is having a relationship with Christ. This relationship is done by faith, for we can do nothing to receive this salvation but believe, but believe we must.

For our salvation is open to all through faith...Faith in God and faith in what Christ said He accomplished on the cross for us...Which was His death and resurrection. We are to believe that His death and resurrection is our death and resurrection. We are to believe into this....

Believing in our deaths and resurrection in Christ. Both are necessary to believe into, if we are to walk in this newness of life scripture speaks of....By believing in them, by believing into them, we make them our own by faith...Our death and resurrection in Christ so we can walk in this newness of life before Him..

Believing into our deaths and resurrection in Christ, is how we work out our salvation in Christ. For it is actually a work. It is something we choose to do by an act of our wills.. We believe into our salvation.

Scripture says, the just shall live by faith. From stem to stern our salvation all comes through faith. But faith is a choice, a conscious act of the will, a choosing to believe what we read in scripture pertaining to our salvation. A believing into those things we read in scripture...Christ is the Savior of all mankind, we are to believe in Him, we are to believe into the salvation that He purchased for us with His death and resurrection on the cross...

Christ died on the cross to fulfill the law concerning us...To died the death that was ours to die, to go through death so we wouldn’t have to. He as scripture says; tasted death for every man.. This is the foundation of our salvation, Christ’s death and resurrection on the cross for us.

We by faith are to believe into this death of Christ on the cross as the first step and believe into His resurrection as the second....Reckon ourselves dead unto sin, first step, alive unto God, second step... This is an act of our wills, a conscious choice we make with our wills. We choose to be joined with Christ on the cross, we choose to be dead in Christ. We choose to be dead to sin and then we choose to be alive unto God by a choice of our wills. We choose to believe into our deaths and resurrection in Christ..

For this growing in Christ is not a one time believing, but a constant faith of the heart turned towards Christ’s death on the cross as our death on the cross with Him. Then with the same faith we trust God to live His life in us and through us....This believing into our deaths and then our resurrection in Christ is our walking before Him in faith..

This is what scripture calls our reasonable service. To present our bodies before Him as those that our alive from the dead..This is all done by the faith of the heart turned towards our death then our resurrection in Christ...

This is where the struggle is, where the work is..To choose to be dead on the cross with Christ when our selves would not want to. This is the denying of self that we read about in scripture...A conscious choice to choose to be dead to ourselves moment by moment as we go through our day...To be dead to our wills, to be dead to our understanding, to be dead to our very selves. To hide ourselves in the death of Christ..

We believe into our deaths in Christ, knowing that we were called out of unrighteousness into righteousness. And this righteousness does exist and it is this righteousness that we can not see but we know by faith exists, which is the alive unto God that we are told is the next step after the reckoning ourselves dead.. We believe in Christ by believing into Christ. We believe into Christ by believing into our deaths with Him..Than we believe into this righteousness that God would have us walk in, which is this walking in newness of life scripture speaks of.

We by faith grab unto our deaths in Christ by the faith of the heart..This is the very foundation of our salvation in Christ. A grabbing unto Christ in His death by faith making His death our death...

Which by that faith though as weak as it will be at first. This faith will grow once seen that this is in fact the way of walking in newness of life before God. Where the works of the law our fulfilled in us, but not by us..This is the freedom that Christ set us free for. To walk before God with the faith of the heart turned towards Him,,,constantly

This is to the growing of the Divine nature in us.. We believe in Christ to be saved, than we believe into Christ to grow in Him...Which is accomplished by believing into our deaths and resurrection with Christ, when He died for us and was resurrected for us.. We believe into....Than the truth and the veracity of this statement will be known;

~If it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ , it’s not~

For God He is God and He is good and He loves... For when Jesus died we died, that we might be a new creation, created in righteousness, by righteousness, for righteousness

Be blessed all, as we by faith make this a reality in our lives, Not me

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Charlie24

tim hu

Mar 24, 2020
almaty
✟19,038.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 11: 6. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
7. By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
8. By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
9. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
10. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
11. By faith Abraham, even though he was past age--and Sarah herself was barren--was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 11: 6. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
7. By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
8. By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
9. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.
10. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
11. By faith Abraham, even though he was past age--and Sarah herself was barren--was enabled to become a father because he considered him faithful who had made the promise.

Faith, faith in God....

Blessings, Not me

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Not Me' I always like your threads. This too is an interesting thread. It is written that He speaks to us in parables and dark saying, and so I don't expect that everything coming from the Lord is all that straight forward but has to be figured out and thus thought about. Still it is all a bit confusing, is it?

"This is the growing of the divine nature in us" - What the heck does that mean?

It turns out that it is really not that complicated. It turns out that the Lord is really there. God is spirit, so we find Him with our spirit not our fleshy eyes and fleshy ears, but by listening and seeing with our spirit, which is bound to be a bit strange to us since we very very rarely use our spiritual senses. Never-the-less, it turns out that He is there with us all the time.

Of course is we don't believe that God is with us, we are not going to bother even trying to use our spiritual senses to pick up Him. Perhaps we might go to palm reader but that is not seeking Him, either. If we do believe the Lord our God is really there then we are going to seek Him and try to listen to what He says because we believe He is there. That is hearing by faith.

And that is what is Noah did. He believed God was there, listened with his spiritual ears, heard the Lord because the Lord is there, and took action on what he heard.

Was that dying to himself or was that just listen to the Lord our God and doing what was asked? Well, call it what you will. It is not about the semantics but the action. That action based upon hearing because Noah believed and thus sought the Lord saved people. It turns out that the action Noah took was symbolic to us today, which is not surprising considering the instructions came from the Lord, but it was not symbolic to Noah and his family. Listening to the Lord and doing what He said saved them.

Of course Noah still did wind up dying in the flesh. Yet if God, who is spirit, lives on then doesn't He enable His friends to do the same thing? It sure seem so. I am kind of counting on that, but as for today it really doesn't make a difference. What does make a difference today is me hearing from Him as my Lord and friend 'today'.

Ok - this is not so fancy and mysterious as saying "This is the growing of the divine nature in us" but as I listen and do what He says I get a better and better idea about how He thinks. Not that I will fully understand Him, but I can get an idea.

For example - Today He asked me to go to the local donut shop to get a donut for me and a pastry for my wife. Heck, most things are closed and we have this social distancing. Was the donut shop even open? Well - He said to go so off I went. On the way (He had me walk the mile there and back, and nobody was out an about) He was talking to me. He was explaining that it was very hard on small business owner and that the lady would be there hoping to get a little take out business to make it through the current situation. So it was that I got there and found out that she was open. There was tape across the tables, so only take out was available. She was the only one in the store when I got there.

So what is the point. Well, though only a small thing it helped her save her business during this hard times. It is wise at this time to have some social distancing but it is also wise to save others. That happens best by listening to the Lord. Is that like saying 'This is the growing of the divine nature is us"? Yeah, it's the same thing but doesn't sound so weird and mystical.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Not Me' I always like your threads. This too is an interesting thread. It is written that He speaks to us in parables and dark saying, and so I don't expect that everything coming from the Lord is all that straight forward but has to be figured out and thus thought about. Still it is all a bit confusing, is it?

"This is the growing of the divine nature in us" - What the heck does that mean?

It turns out that it is really not that complicated. It turns out that the Lord is really there. God is spirit, so we find Him with our spirit not our fleshy eyes and fleshy ears, but by listening and seeing with our spirit, which is bound to be a bit strange to us since we very very rarely use our spiritual senses. Never-the-less, it turns out that He is there with us all the time.

Of course is we don't believe that God is with us, we are not going to bother even trying to use our spiritual senses to pick up Him. Perhaps we might go to palm reader but that is not seeking Him, either. If we do believe the Lord our God is really there then we are going to seek Him and try to listen to what He says because we believe He is there. That is hearing by faith.

And that is what is Noah did. He believed God was there, listened with his spiritual ears, heard the Lord because the Lord is there, and took action on what he heard.

Was that dying to himself or was that just listen to the Lord our God and doing what was asked? Well, call it what you will. It is not about the semantics but the action. That action based upon hearing because Noah believed and thus sought the Lord saved people. It turns out that the action Noah took was symbolic to us today, which is not surprising considering the instructions came from the Lord, but it was not symbolic to Noah and his family. Listening to the Lord and doing what He said saved them.

Of course Noah still did wind up dying in the flesh. Yet if God, who is spirit, lives on then doesn't He enable His friends to do the same thing? It sure seem so. I am kind of counting on that, but as for today it really doesn't make a difference. What does make a difference today is me hearing from Him as my Lord and friend 'today'.

Ok - this is not so fancy and mysterious as saying "This is the growing of the divine nature in us" but as I listen and do what He says I get a better and better idea about how He thinks. Not that I will fully understand Him, but I can get an idea.

For example - Today He asked me to go to the local donut shop to get a donut for me and a pastry for my wife. Heck, most things are closed and we have this social distancing. Was the donut shop even open? Well - He said to go so off I went. On the way (He had me walk the mile there and back, and nobody was out an about) He was talking to me. He was explaining that it was very hard on small business owner and that the lady would be there hoping to get a little take out business to make it through the current situation. So it was that I got there and found out that she was open. There was tape across the tables, so only take out was available. She was the only one in the store when I got there.

So what is the point. Well, though only a small thing it helped her save her business during this hard times. It is wise at this time to have some social distancing but it is also wise to save others. That happens best by listening to the Lord. Is that like saying 'This is the growing of the divine nature is us"? Yeah, it's the same thing but doesn't sound so weird and mystical.

Hi, if you would give me the freedom to speak boldly for a bit, I would be most grateful and I hope my words would bless...

All of God’s truths are hard to understand until they are known by experience...Than they become quite simple and are the naturalist things to comprehend. The reason for this, is because God’s truths are not proposed to human reasonings....They are only proposed to the Christ in a believer. Which is the new birth/new creation or the Divine nature. All these different words are just different ways of putting forth the truth of Christ in us the Hope of glory..It is to this inward new life that the truths of God are proposed to. To try to grasp them with human understanding is the stumbling block the religious leaders of all time have stumbled over....

But you have, and know the key already, which will guide and keep you from all falsehoods.. And that is this inward knowledge and personal relationship with Christ that you have growing in you.. This relationship will, as I’m sure you know, in time bring and guide you into all truth..Than as I’m sure you have experienced before, you can see Christ in a person regardless if their words measure up to what you know or have experienced... For you look to what’s underneath them, to, or, from what Spirit they are spoken from. For different believers will express the same truth in many different ways. For each believer is being taught by God personally..Some to this degree, some to that, which teaching is only limited by the believers desire after God.. For the expression of Christ to a fallen world is God’s heart...For it is the expression of Christ in and through a person that is the greatest gift of love one can give to another....This expression of Christ who Himself is love...

Please forgive the boldness and I hope these words bless...

A fellow believer, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, if you would give me the freedom to speak boldly for a bit, I would be most grateful and I hope my words would bless...

All of God’s truths are hard to understand until they are known by experience...Than they become quite simple and are the naturalist things to comprehend. The reason for this, is because God’s truths are not proposed to human reasonings....They are only proposed to the Christ in a believer. Which is the new birth/new creation or the Divine nature. All these different words are just different ways of putting forth the truth of Christ in us the Hope of glory..It is to this inward new life that the truths of God are proposed to. To try to grasp them with human understanding is the stumbling block the religious leaders of all time have stumbled over....

But you have, and know the key already, which will guide and keep you from all falsehoods.. And that is this inward knowledge and personal relationship with Christ that you have growing in you.. This relationship will, as I’m sure you know, in time bring and guide you into all truth..Than as I’m sure you have experienced before, you can see Christ in a person regardless if their words measure up to what you know or have experienced... For you look to what’s underneath them, to, or, from what Spirit they are spoken from. For different believers will express the same truth in many different ways. For each believer is being taught by God personally..Some to this degree, some to that, which teaching is only limited by the believers desire after God.. For the expression of Christ to a fallen world is God’s heart...For it is the expression of Christ in and through a person that is the greatest gift of love one can give to another....This expression of Christ who Himself is love...

Please forgive the boldness and I hope these words bless...

A fellow believer, Not me

Nice - I don't know about that being "boldness" - it sound to me like you are speaking the truth. It's right on.

Jn 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen...

Of course some don't accept it, but yes it becomes apparent what other believers really sound like, in general, after you spend some time regularly hearing from the Lord yourself. That doesn't mean any of us have it all figured out. We of course know in part, which also becomes apparent by the simple fact that the Lord is teaching us things constantly. He wouldn't need to if we already knew all things. So as you note: "each believe is being taught by God personally". That is one of those things a true believe knows, as mentioned.:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice - I don't know about that being "boldness" - it sound to me like you are speaking the truth. It's right on.

Jn 3:11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen...

Of course some don't accept it, but yes it becomes apparent what other believers really sound like, in general, after you spend some time regularly hearing from the Lord yourself. That doesn't mean any of us have it all figured out. We of course know in part, which also becomes apparent by the simple fact that the Lord is teaching us things constantly. He wouldn't need to if we already knew all things. So as you note: "each believe is being taught by God personally". That is one of those things a true believe knows, as mentioned.:oldthumbsup:

Blessings and be so blessed as He increases the manifestation of Himself in us...

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Upvote 0