Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, no one EVER "enters life" by keeping commandments. What you erroneously assume that what Jesus opened his conversation with the rich man was how to get into heaven was really only an opening to show the man that no one EVER enters life by keeping the commandments, because no one CAN keep the commandments.

Sorry, Jesus said nothing about no one not being able to keep the commandments. You have to add it to justify yourself. If you are correct, then Jesus would have said, 'no one can enter life by keeping the commandments'. And you so desperately want that included.

If you can't keep the commandments, stay away from family. In fact, everyone should beware of you. Those who can't keep the commandments are enemies of the Lord. They want to do things their way.

Since you can't keep His commandments, I am sure you are lying now. If you are married, your wife should stay as far from you as possible. If you can't keep His commandments, your lust must run rampant.

Listen FG2, until you learn of God, and cleanse your heart, please refrain from telling others they can't keep His commandments. It is wolves who can't keep His commandments, nor do they have a desire to do so.

So, until you get your life in order, and start keeping His commandments, your words are just hot air proceeding from your lips. Keep your doctrine of disobedience to yourself.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
... no one EVER enters life by keeping the commandments, because no one CAN keep the commandments.
Just a heads-up for everyone:

4 times in John 14, Jesus said (I'm paraphrasing) ...
"Those who love Me will obey My commandments."
Does anyone get into heaven who does NOT love Jesus?

Also, in John 15, Jesus said (I'm paraphrasing) ...
"Those who are My friends
will obey My commandments."

Does anyone get into heaven
who are NOT Jesus' friends?

Hey, we should start a poll on this,
and see where everyone stands!
T'would be interesting!

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, Jesus said nothing about no one not being able to keep the commandments.
The Bible is the mind of Christ.

1 Cor 2:16 - for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”But we have the mind of Christ."

Paul was clearly referring to Scripture. So anything in Scripture is the mind of Christ.

And Rom 3:20 SAYS - Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

You have to add it to justify yourself.
I haven't added anything. You must be confused.

If you are correct, then Jesus would have said, 'no one can enter life by keeping the commandments'. And you so desperately want that included.
Nope. I have already explained WHY Jesus said what He did. It's called "pre-evangelism". It's an opener to get to the heart of the problem, and Jesus, being God, certainly knew the man's heart. The man thought he was good enough to enter heaven, and was only looking for affirmation. But Jesus knew better and ended up proving to him that he wasn't keeping the commandments.

And Rom 3:20 proves your theory to be wrong.

If you can't keep the commandments, stay away from family. In fact, everyone should beware of you. Those who can't keep the commandments are enemies of the Lord. They want to do things their way.
You yourself aren't keeping the commandments.

Since you can't keep His commandments, I am sure you are lying now. If you are married, your wife should stay as far from you as possible. If you can't keep His commandments, your lust must run rampant.
You yourself aren't keepingthe commandments.

Listen FG2, until you learn of God, and cleanse your heart, please refrain from telling others they can't keep His commandments.
Why not? The Bible says no one can.

Rom 3:10 - As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;

So go ahead and brag that you're better than everyone else in the human race.

It is wolves who can't keep His commandments
No, it's the entire human race. Which is why Jesus Christ died on the cross.

But I know the blasphemy you've posted about the sacrificial death of Christ on the cross.

So, until you get your life in order, and start keeping His commandments, your words are just hot air proceeding from your lips. Keep your doctrine of disobedience to yourself.
I'll advise that you keep your blasphemous false doctrines to yourself.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
IMO, “the crown of righteousness” is eternal life,
and so is “the crown of life”(easily proven).

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me – the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me, but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

Those who eagerly wait for Jesus’ return have nothing to be ashamed of … because they have remained faithful and have been living righteously!

Please note that Ephesians and Colossians were written only to “the faithful”. So really, all of the glowing descriptions, etc. of believers in those 2 epistles are only for "the faithful" followers of Jesus, i.e. those who love Him and who obey (keep) His commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
IMO, “the crown of righteousness” is eternal life,
and so is “the crown of life”(easily proven).
I will show errors on both counts.

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me – the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me, but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
As everyone knows, a "prize" is something EARNED. Unlike a "gift". So the crown of righteousness is EARNED by certain behavior; in this case, those who eagerly look forward to His appearing.

And, therefore, ALL crowns are EARNED, as noted by the context in each case.

These crowns are promised to those who EARN them.

Those who eagerly wait for Jesus’ return have nothing to be ashamed of … because they have remained faithful and have been living righteously!
And this is WHY none of the crowns refer to salvation itself; but to reward EARNED by behavior.

Please note that Ephesians and Colossians were written only to “the faithful”. So really, all of the glowing descriptions, etc. of believers in those 2 epistles are only for "the faithful" followers of Jesus, i.e. those who love Him and who obey (keep) His commandments.
Please note that the same message is to all the other epistles, which don't use the word "faithful" or any other descriptor regarding behavior.

Further, please then, explain to me why Paul was moved to tell these faithful Ephesian believers commanded them to "stop living like the Gentiles, in the futility of their minds" in 4:17 - So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

Not only that, but please explain why Paul would write this to them in 5:1-5 -
1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children
2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

If his epistle was only to "the faithful" in Christ, then why all this? What was his point?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God's thinking is much different than ours.
It is obvious that BACs have responsibilities
to live up to in the new covenant.

God can take back a gift, if He so desires.

And some verses indicate that the crown of life
refers to eternal life. I've already shown them to you,
but like many others, you choose to reject them.

Paul was just reminding these BACs of their responsibilities after being chosen in the hope
that they will not cease from being faithful.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God's thinking is much different than ours.
It is obvious that BACs have responsibilities
to live up to in the new covenant.
Correct.

God can take back a gift, if He so desires.
Allow me to introduce you to some biblical truth in this regard.

Rom 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 11:29 - for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Paul wrote those verses because Jesus said:
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28

And some verses indicate that the crown of life
refers to eternal life. I've already shown them to you,
but like many others, you choose to reject them.
I rejected your interpretation of them. I proved that prizes and rewards are EARNED, while gifts are NOT.

Salvation is a gift. Eph 2:8,9 -
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Paul was just reminding these BACs of their responsibilities after being chosen in the hope that they will not cease from being faithful.
Of course he would. But nowhere did Paul nor any other writer of Scripture say that salvation can be lost.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But nowhere did Paul nor any other writer of Scripture say that salvation can be lost.
This is where we part company AGAIN
(and everyone else should also).
Because ...
you reject all of God's many warnings in the NT.
About 20 do obviously speak of losing eternal life!
(Eternal life is just another way of saying salvation.)

Chow.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is where we part company AGAIN
(and everyone else should also).
Because ...
you reject all of God's many warnings in the NT.
About 20 do obviously speak of losing eternal life!
(Eternal life is just another way of saying salvation.)

Chow.
Wrongo. I am fully aware of EVERY warning in the NT. But it seems you're just totally unaware that NONE of the warnings are about losing salvation.

How come you think salvation can be lost WHEN Jesus was clear about the FACT that recipients of eternal life shall never perish? John 10:28 couldn't be more clear about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Wrongo. I am fully aware of EVERY warning in the NT. But it seems you're just totally unaware that NONE of the warnings are about losing salvation.
How come you think salvation can be lost WHEN Jesus was clear about the FACT that recipients of eternal life shall never perish? John 10:28 couldn't be more clear about that.
Okay, one more time-o and that's it-o, okay-o?
Art thouest ready-o?
You've heard all of this before, so it's for others ...
John 10:
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them,
and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

1 - You do not hear Jesus' voice.
2 - He does not know (approve of) you.
3 - You do not follow Him.
0 out of 3 ain't very good, IMO.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Art thouest ready-o?
John 10:
and they follow Me.
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

0 out of 3 ain't very good.
Your out of line FALSE judgment of me violates Scripture. So, please knock it off.

I DO hear Him.
I DO follow Him.
He certainly knows me and He gave me eternal life because I have trusted in Him for salvation.

3 out of 3 is very good.

What you FAIL to comprehend is that v.27 is a description of His sheep; what they DO.

It is NOT a list of conditions to meet in order to become His sheep.

It is v.28 that lists the SINGLE CONDITION for never perishing. That is, to be given the gift of eternal life.

Do you comprehend this?

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Art thouest ready-o?
John 10:
and they follow Me.

0 out of 3 ain't very good, IMO.

Good Day, BC

Fallacy alert, no sense other wise know as complete non-sense posted here

Sheep do "sheepish" things because they are sheep
Doing "sheepish" things does not make one a sheep

Just because you quack like a duck... does not make you a duck.

"all the others" can now see that.

In Him,

Bill

Reactions: FreeGrace2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums