Believers’ faith must endure until the end of their lives!

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If one can lose their salvation, then salvation must be maintained by men’s works of righteousness. And if ones works of righteousness must maintain his salvation, then salvation must be earned by men’s works of righteousness. This doctrine nullifies the gospel altogether. It’s a doctrine of unbelief

Look at the warning Jesus gives in John 15:1-10.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree that we act according to our nature. It is why one who has been saved by Gods grace in Christ will bear fruit that accompanies salvation

If that is true then John 15:1-10 is a useless message.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's best to just leave these people be. It doesn't matter what you say, they don't believe Jesus and therefore have fallen down a rabbit hole that gives a seared conscience that only Jesus can unwind, so they will not believe you or I or anyone else. Let them destroy themselves.
(1) God has called me to warn "believers".
(2) Evangelists warn everyone regardless.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So all you are saying is that Christ and He alone cannot save a sinner? Am I correct?

Not at all. Our works do not earn our salvation. We are justified by faith. That doesn’t mean our salvation can’t be revoked for disobedience.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obedience is the fruit not the cause or bases for salvation. Lose of salvation doctrine stems from unbelief in the gospel message and a heart that lacks true repentance

Actually loss of salvation is what the very churches established by apostles has taught from the very beginning. The earliest church writings reflect that teaching. However eternal security was never taught in the church and didn’t come about until over 1500 years after the church was established.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(1) God has called me to warn "believers".
(2) Evangelists warn everyone regardless.

I think just because someone doesn’t believe good works are necessary for salvation doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t do good works or live a sinful lifestyle. However I believe that teaching can be dangerous and misleading to some who may believe they can live whatever lifestyle they want and still expect to be saved if they believe in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A Christian is no longer a slave to sin and a sinner, but a son or daughter of God.
In Romans 6 (which very few seem to understand),
Paul says they are slaves of righteousness (6:18)
and slaves of God (6:22)

To me this is quite hilarious because of all of the rest
of Romans 6 ... where he says they are headed for
eternal death, IF they don't stop their sinning!

However, with the blue above, Paul is saying that
technically/theoretically they are slaves of God!
BUT THEY ARE NOT PRACTICING THIS ...
THUS, THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY TO HELL
... UNLESS THEY REPENT (stop their sinning)!

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
We are justified (made right with God) by faith. That doesn’t mean we can’t be made wrong with Him afterwards.
Christ’s righteousness is the elects justification received by faith. You deny Gods Sovereign grace in salvation and it is why you cannot see eternal life rest in Christ alone apart from your works

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
This refers to being set FREE from the power of sin.
FREE from the bondage of sin.
FREE from being a slave of sin.
FREE to not having to sin.
Because of the BACs new nature (new creation).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Actually loss of salvation is what the very churches established by apostles has taught from the very beginning. The earliest church writings reflect that teaching. However eternal security was never taught in the church and didn’t come about until over 1500 years after the church was established.
The doctrine of losing salvation is a doctrine that stems from unbelief in the gospel message

• Agree
Reactions: His student
Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Our works do not earn our salvation. We are justified by faith. That doesn’t mean our salvation can’t be revoked for disobedience.
Loss of salvation doctrine is very much teaching salvation must be earned and maintained by good works of men

• Agree
Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is teaching it, remember? He said we had to do good or go to hell, or as you put it, cooperate with God, you know, be obedient, a required action, or a "condition" of the bargain..

However, those of you who want your sin bad enough will go reprobate, and no longer able to see the truth. For those, I'm sorry, as the Bible will say anything that you choose for it to say. You wanted it, so now you have it, at least the delusion thereof that you may never be able to break away from.

Selfishness/my way, the bible goes on and on about it, but some will never get it. The tighter we hold on to it, the harder it is to let go... A fitting end?
Obedience is the fruit of a believer. But yet you are teaching it’s the basis for salvation

• Agree
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ’s righteousness is the elects justification received by faith. You deny Gods Sovereign grace in salvation and it is why you cannot see eternal life rest in Christ alone apart from your works

Election doesn’t make any sense. John 3:18 why would people be judged for not believing if God is the one who has made them incapable of believing? Why does Jesus and the apostles tell people to believe and have faith if they are incapable of believing unless God has chosen them and they are incapable of not believing if God has chosen them? And would you please explain John 15:1-10?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
... the issue, that has been confused by preachers that are more concerned about filling their plates/pews by teaching people the deadly message they want to hear, and teach the actual truth to others, then hopefully reverse the mess ...
Believe me when I promise ...
there are many preachers/pastors in hell
because they have NOT been good shepherds
over the sheep under their care (for several reasons).

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Election doesn’t make any sense. John 3:18 why would people be judged for not believing if God is the one who has made them incapable of believing? Why does Jesus and the apostles tell people to believe and have faith if they are incapable of believing unless God has chosen them and they are incapable of not believing if God has chosen them? And would you please explain John 15:1-10?
Romans 9: 18-23

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faith is the result of Gods Sovereign grace upon the elect alone

All I see is you making a bunch of empty claims. Why won’t you address the scriptures we’ve provided and prove your point? John 15:1-10 the branches who are IN CHRIST that do not bear fruit are cut off or removed from the vine (Christ). They cannot be cut off or removed from the vine (Christ) unless they are already attached to it. Why would Jesus say “remain in Me” if His 11 faithful apostles were incapable of failing to remain in Him?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 9: 18-23

“What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?”
‭‭ROMANS‬ ‭9:22‬ ‭NASB‬‬

God foresaw those who would not repent and used them as an example to show His power and glory. Hence Pharaoh was a vessel of wrath to show that God is greater than even the most powerful men on earth. Pharaoh was a vessel of wrath because God had endured with much patience and foresaw that he would not repent. So He made an example of Pharaoh to show His might.

Upvote 0