Believers’ faith must endure until the end of their lives!

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes but the written word of the prophets, psalms etc through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit is about Chris the (The Word of God)...
That is about right except it is different from what you said before. The scripture is not God it is a written record inspired by God and that is an important fact to grasp and retain.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doing the wil of God is to believe that Jesus is the son of God. Doing evil is rejecting. That is what determines our eternal fate.

So now some are dancing to the tune of... we have to do good, while not quit saying we have too? :)

Great! I'll take it! Word it how you must for now.

Sounds like we're realizing there is a condition. Keep working at it, and one day we may be able to admit the simple truth. Only then can we stop trying to confuse the issue, that has been confused by preachers that are more concerned about filling their plates/pews by teaching people the deadly message they want to hear, and teach the actual truth to others, then hopefully reverse the mess, and bring those home that it's not too late for due to their allowing themselves to be conditioned by the powers of evil..

Hope so anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. The choice is to come...or not. I have found that those who think are are so obedient sometimes have more talk than walk anyhow.
Maybe try read Romans 7:18-24, Paul illustrate how powerful sin is...verse 18, For I know that good itself doesnot dwell in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have desire to do what is good but I CANNOT CARRY IT OUT....verse 20....."but it is SIN living in me that does.
1Corins4:20 "...the Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is about right except it is different from what you said before. The scripture is not God it is a written record inspired by God and that is an important fact to grasp and retain.
Okay...Sorry cannot write proper english

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you are saying you will be obedient?

Good.
If I'm still sinning which I am still, then I am a slave to sin...and in saying that God gives us knowledge so we can know Him and grow to obedient to righteousness until All righteousness is fulfilled in us this is when the Spirit of Christ enters and make our hearts His house to live in...

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,716.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doing the wil of God is to believe that Jesus is the son of God. Doing evil is rejecting. That is what determines our eternal fate.
Hello, you cannot believe someone unless you really know that person and you cannot know that person unless he/she reveals or open up to you...This is the same as knowing God and His Son, Only the Son knows the Father so as only the Father knows the Son..That's it!!! So believing in Jesus is only the work of God...1Corins1:30, " It is because of Him (God) That You are in Christ Jesus....
Nothing is conditional but All on God and His mercy...

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I agree, but when someone is born, she or he still need to rely on parents for food, clothes, protection etc...So also when we're born of the Spirit is the Spirit that teaches us to grow and to become like Christ the Image and likeness of the Father...So a fully grown or mature Christian will be like Christ...1John2:6 " Whoever claims to live in him (God) must live as Jesus did"...

I certainly agree. I've been living in the Spirit since 1977, and the Spirit has taught me so much. I'm still learning.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If I'm still sinning which I am still, then I am a slave to sin...and in saying that God gives us knowledge so we can know Him and grow to obedient to righteousness until All righteousness is fulfilled in us this is when the Spirit of Christ enters and make our hearts His house to live in...

Okay, you're losing me again. LOL When is it you believe you'll receive the Spirit? It sounds like you must first receive all knowledge of sin first; what, like the commandments?

To belong to Christ the first thing you must receive is the Spirit, and He is only given after you repent of all sin. Just as John the Baptist preached repentance first, before Jesus started preaching, that is the way to Christ.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continuing belief-faith is necessary for
continuing salvation-eternal life

“… whoever believes [continues to believe] in Him may have [may continue to have] eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes [continues to believe] in Him should not perish but have [continue to have] eternal life.” (John 3:15-16)
These verbs in Greek and English are in the
present tense … always believing and having!

So if someone gets Dementia and is unable to believe, or remember that they once believed ....?

Everything is CONDITIONAL … so …
Those who endure in the faith to the end
keep their righteous standing with God!

Yet that implies that Jesus' death on the cross was not enough, or only partially achieved salvation, and it is up to US to do a WORK and make sure we receive it.

"Whoever believes in the Son HAS eternal life", John 3:36.
"He who has the Son HAS life", 1 John 5:12.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

“… whoever believes [continues to believe] in Him may have [may continue to have] eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes [continues to believe] in Him should not perish but have [continue to have] eternal life.” (John 3:15-16)

“He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight — IF indeed you continue in the faith … and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:22-23)

“It is this Good News (the gospel) that saves you, IF you continue to believe the message I told you” (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

“So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it … every act of disobedience was punished. So what makes us think we can escape, IF we ignore this great salvation” (Hebrews 2:1-3)

“And we are God’s house, IF we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ …
Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God … so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. For IF we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.” (Hebrews 3:6,12-14)

IF we endure, we shall also reign with Him.”
(2 Timothy 2:12)

“… follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.” (Hebrews 6:11-12)

“Patient endurance is what you need, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. … ‘And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.’ But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction (eternal death).” (Hebrews 10:36-39)

“Stay true to what is right (the true gospel) for
the sake of your own salvation and the salvation
of those who hear you.” (1 Timothy 4:16)

“… work out your own salvation with fear
and trembling … holding fast the word of life,
so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ
that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”
(Philippians 2:12,16)

If they fail to endure, Paul has wasted his efforts!

“... you have been grieved by various trials
that the genuineness of your faith … though it is
tested by fire … receiving the end of your faith
— the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:7-9)

This has nothing to do with rewards …
“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of (eternal) life that God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12)

4 times in John 14, Jesus said (paraphrasing): Those
who love Me will obey (keep) My commandments.

“God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.” (Revelation 14:12)

Because of all of the above verses,
this also refers to salvation …

“But the one who endures to the end
(of his/her life) will be saved.”
(Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, Mark 13:13)

If you're properly being a BAC then faith isn't an issue, since the Holy Spirit testifies God to us. We cannot doubt because of the testimony given us thru the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Gods not mad

Mar 31, 2019
united states
✟19,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to all who believe you can lose your salvation by not doing good works. to all who believe Christs sacrifice on the cross was not sufficient and you need to add to it. just so you all know God does not like self righteousness.

when was the last time you watched inappropriate content?
when was the last time you lusted after a women who was not your wife?
when was the last time you did not treat someone in the perfect love of Christ?
when was the last time you were angry with someone? road rage even
when was the last time you stole from your job by not working consistently?
when was the last time you put anything before God and did not make him first?
when was the last time you were not completely truthful in anything?
when was the last time you spoken falsely or in a spirit of gossip towards another?
when was the last time you did not visit a brother in jail on a perfect consistent basis?
when was the last time you did not take care of a widow on a perfect consistent basis?
when was the last time you did not take care of an orphan on a perfect consistent basis?

and did You "repent" perfectly for all your imperfections? if not then according to what you teach you have lost your salvation?

lets see who will answer these questions especially the first two because i can tell you this when you try to please God by the law sin grows. i have never met a perfect man perhaps he/she is on this forum. because that is what you are teaching and placing over people so lets see how you measure up. when you accept God's perfect sacrifice (his grace) and add nothing to it then Christ victory comes over you and sin diminishes.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight — IF indeed you continue in the faith … and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:22-23)

“It is this Good News (the gospel) that saves you, IF you continue to believe the message I told you” (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

“So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it … every act of disobedience was punished. So what makes us think we can escape, IF we ignore this great salvation” (Hebrews 2:1-3)

“And we are God’s house, IF we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ …
Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God … so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. For IF we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.” (Hebrews 3:6,12-14)

IF we endure, we shall also reign with Him.”

“… follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.” (Hebrews 6:11-12)

“Patient endurance is what you need, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. … ‘And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.’ But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction (eternal death).” (Hebrews 10:36-39)

“Stay true to what is right (the true gospel) for
the sake of your own salvation and the salvation
of those who hear you.” (1 Timothy 4:16)

“… work out your own salvation with fear
and trembling … holding fast the word of life,
so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ
that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”
(Philippians 2:12,16)

If they fail to endure, Paul has wasted his efforts!

“... you have been grieved by various trials
that the genuineness of your faith … though it is
tested by fire … receiving the end of your faith
— the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:7-9)

This has nothing to do with rewards …
“God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of (eternal) life that God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12)

4 times in John 14, Jesus said (paraphrasing): Those
who love Me will obey (keep) My commandments.

“God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.” (Revelation 14:12)

Because of all of the above verses,
this also refers to salvation …

“But the one who endures to the end
(of his/her life) will be saved.”
(Matthew 10:22, Matthew 24:13, Mark 13:13)

What you are missing is the new creation we experience that loves righteousness and hates sin. Which lives a holy life by nature. It's like saying a cat must remain a cat or not go to cat heaven.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The shortest and simplest reminder ...
IF we endure, we shall also reign with Him.

And I have added this verse to post #2 ...
“But IF you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of (eternal) life” (Revelation 2:10)
Yes, I can prove from the NT that ...
the crown of life refers to eternal life!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are conditions to salvation.
... The world is full of people that call themselves Christians, but live just as Adam did, justifying his flesh and excusing his sin against God.
This post #27 of yours is outstanding!
Many thanks for taking the time to speak the Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I have added this verse to post #2 ...
“But IF you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of (eternal) life” (Revelation 2:10)
Yes, I can prove from the NT that ...
the crown of life refers to eternal life!

Well in that case you have Jesus contradicting himself!
He said, many times, that whoever believes in him has eternal life.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Titus 3:4,5 "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us not because of righteous things we have done, but because of His mercy.."
Of course, this is like Ephesians 2:8-9
... the beginning point of our salvation ...
whereupon we received God's glorious mercy/grace!
And the most precious indwelling Holy Spirit.

But, we were chosen and called to obedience and
holiness, without which we will NOT see the Lord.

Read, believe, and act upon (with obedience)
... the dire warnings in your NT ...
or you will end up estranged from Christ
and fallen from grace, etc.!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation in Christ is unconditional. Those who endure in faith to the end GIVE EVIDENCE of their righteous standing before God! The former lives by self righteous works of merit the latter lives by faith in the Son of God and His merits of righteousness alone.

If salvation was unconditional then everyone would be saved. Even if we are only saved by faith that is a condition.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation in Christ is true IF you have been born again of the Spirit of Christ. Do you know what that means? After all the demons know who Jesus is but are not saved. A person, saved or unsaved, act according to their nature. Those who sin are slaves of sin, and are unsaved doing what comes naturally to them. Someone who is born again of the Spirit of Christ will live according to their new nature that hates sin and does not indulge in things of the old dead nature.

Amen the demons fell because of their disobedience.

Upvote 0