SpeckOdust

Jan 24, 2017
U.K
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah,I know,I know that's clearly NOT in the Bible...Or is it ??? ! The Book of James seems to indicate something,which says Faith unto Works..."Faith" ,then,without Works Is not FAITH ! What do you do then,if,all your Life you have lived around the stuff of Christianity and even addressed God several times for Salvation i.e: Prayed and,were never SURE of it and you had,as it were,gone from Church Assembly to Church-Assembly never getting anywhere near to Having Complete-Assurance? And so,in between Churches you had gotten into a worser-mess than before,yet, Returned to God again... Is it Right for God to shut me out,with shrewdness,because of my Sinful-propensities? I guess God can do whatever HE pleased,at the end of the day... He does NOT need me! I never asked God to put me on this Cursed-Planet.I just don't like the way I always get NOTHING that I dreamed of...The simple-things of life ,that give Joy to a Man's heart.Never those things!!! That's God's way? Very Sad it's come down to this.I feel rejected,dejected,wretched,bitter,angry, despairing ,and now well,I guess I've had my filling of disappointments and personal-failure .There's NOTHING to look forward to except more misery,as my Life goes into further depths of pain! Why is God so cruel as he frustrates me and He does NOT seem to be phased at all! Ah well, naked I came...So,God,leaves me out naked and empty as well! I guess God doesn't desire for me to find any gladness before I die...Just sadness,as I go into further decline? Is that Your Way of "things"???(bitter-things and curses???) You want me to just melt away like that snail,in the Psalm? You want to take Vengeance??? I did not believe You'd EVER treat me like I was just a piece of Trash,but now,I do!

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I used to doubt my salvation all the time. Probably said the sinner's pray a 100 times. It wasn't until my pastor preached about how he used to worry about his own salvation, and what finally took the worry away, that I did the same and became confident in my own salvation. As he preached, you've changed your mind about Jesus (repented), believed the Gospel and made a public confession of your faith, now, you have to trust Jesus to do what He said He will do, save you. End of story, end of worry, I'm trusting Jesus to do what He said He will do and have never doubted my salvation since, because I know Jesus does what He says He will do.

Definition of a Christian
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved (Romans 10:9-10).

Matthew 6:31-33 tells us that God will provide what we need if we seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

31) “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32) For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.33) But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.​

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, sorry to hear that things aren't going well. I hope this post helps.

Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles (mentioned 20 times in Romans thru Philemon) so he has the doctrine that is specific to us.

James, Peter, and John were ministers to the circumcision (Jews), Galations 2:9

It is important to keep Israel's program separate from our program, the dispensation of the grace of God (Eph 3:2) or it will get very confusing.

Here is an example:

Peter said in Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness is accepted with him.

Paul said in Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Both New Testament verses saying opposite things. One is clearly saying you have to have faith plus works, the other is saying faith only, no works.

How do you reconcile this? You have to remember that Paul is your Apostle and Peter is speaking to the Jews. James is speaking to the Jews. James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, TO THE TWELVE TRIBES SCATTERED ABROAD.

The only way it makes any sense is if it is rightly divided. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study, to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

How do you get saved?

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that BELIEVETH.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 tells us what the gospel is - how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 4:5 and Titus 3:5 also say it's not of works.

Is it right for God to shut me out with shrewdness, because of my sinful-propensities?

God is not shutting you out because of your sinful propensities. 2 Corinthians 5:19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. That verse shows that God is not charging anyone with sin today.

Ephesians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES;

Colossians 1:21 explains why you feel like God is shutting you out.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

God is not mad at us...but because of sin (wicked works) we think he is mad at us (alienated and enemies IN YOUR MIND) yet now hath he reconciled (past tense, already done)

I hope this helps and I hope things start going better for you. I tried to prove through scripture that God is not punishing you at all, he's not mad at you. I pretty much ignore the prosperity gospel and just remember that God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. Our conversation is in heaven. Ephesians 1:3 and Philippians 3:20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

You hear the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again).

You trust in Christ, that he died for your sins, was buried, and rose again.

You are sealed. For how long? Unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0