Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I often hear that all i have to do is accept Jesus in my heart and I will be a Christian but then I hear people saying if I don't have a certain political affiliation or if I don't believe certain things about theology then I am "wrong". This very thing has distanced me from Christianity and left me jaded. What do you guys think?

In Mark 1:15 Jesus said,
“The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news (gospel)!”
To repent is to change your mind about sin and about God, which results in turning from sin to God

The gospel is defined in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4,
3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.
In John 3:16 Jesus said,
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 10:9-10(NLT) says,
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In Mark 1:15 Jesus said,
“The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news (gospel)!”
To repent is to change your mind about sin and about God, which results in turning from sin to God

The gospel is defined in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4,
3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.
In John 3:16 Jesus said,
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Romans 10:9-10(NLT) says,
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

Matt 25:31 and following. If you are to have hope for eternal life you must love others. This also taught in First John. It is the teaching of the parable of the good samaritan and in many other places in the bible. Ezekiel 18--the righteous shall live and not die--but the wicked shall die.

Upvote 0