• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Belief in the Trinity required for salvation?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Wavy, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debi1967

Debi1967 Proudly in love with Rushingwind62 Supporter

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes they are!... I guess you do not understand something there is ONLY ONE GOD that exists in three persons, one essence .... therefore YES if you deny any part of the TRUE GOD then You REJECT ALL OF THE TRUE GOD

2. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Stop trying to get us to break the commandment of God to no condemnation please .... it is enough!

It is not what we believe and we have explained what we believe severl times over, at this point it is MHO you are either deliberately being obtuse or out and out baiting ....

Either way it is the Lord's Job to Judge not yours not ours and you will evoke from us that type of condemnation

3. HypnoToad

HypnoToad *croak* Supporter

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Fine, it is part of Divine Truth that the Ark of the Covenant was 2 1/2 cubits long (Ex.25:10). Is belief in that required for salvation?

4. Wavy

Wavy Regular Member

+10
    Messianic
    Single
    This is not proof or a true refutation, this is dogma. Seeing as how you are Catholic, this also limits the credibility of the argument. The major exception to this being a latter, false addition is the CC.

And, more than just "and these three are one" was added to the text.

But let's pretend that's not true. You said the "these three are one" at the end of 5:8 would include the first set of three as well. Not so. "And these three" would have referred back to only the Spirit/water/blood. Your position is not supported by the Greek.

5. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

Go here:
    http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm

Lookup 1 John 5:7, and read the notes on that verse (footnote #27).

6. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    No that is part of Inspired Truth Given to Us by the Divine .... Not the Set of Divine Truths we know about God himself ....

7. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Wavy you do not even accept the Greek NT so why are arguing with me about it?

8. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    The johanine argument has been used over the cenuries does not make it true either, just makes it an argument of theology ....

9. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Because my belief in the Trinity or lack thereof is irrelevent to the topic.

Where have I denied the existence of the Trinity? What I have denied is the requirement of Trinitarianism for salvation. And I'm still waiting for the proof from Scripture to the contrary.

10. Wavy

Wavy Regular Member

+10
    Messianic
    Single
    Ad hominem. Who says I do not accept the Greek NT?

11. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    And the Scripture that says "to reject Trinitarianism is to be condemned" is ... ?

12. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    It has already been given where is any of yours proving it is not .... therefore making it totally relevant the question I ask .... considering you keep talking of modalism and ONENESS PENTECOSTALS, then one might assume that you are trying to defend their position and with good cause .... At least wavy when asked this question was nice enough to give a direct answer to the question at hand..... What is you Faith?

13. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    that was not an ad hominem wavy, that was presenting to you the facts that most that do not accept the TRINITY and carry the Messianic icon are what?

Now if you accept the NT then I would heavily suggest that you read the Letter to the HEBREWS .....

14. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    There's no "obtuse" or "baiting" about it.

It's a simple progression of logic.

1. If one believes Trinitarianism is required for salvation, and

2. Peter's confession mentions NOTHING of Trinitarianism, and

3. Jesus says this confession is "blessed" and "the rock" of the church, then

4. This "blessed" confession, this "rock" of the church MUST, by one's belief in #1, leave someone still condemned.

It's quite simple.

15. Wavy

Wavy Regular Member

+10
    Messianic
    Single
    This was confusing, but are you saying most who hold a more Hebraic view of the scriptures don't accept the Greek NT? Was it a hasty generalization then?

My understanding of the book of Hebrews is irrelevant to this topic also...

16. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Where in the Bible does it say it is Peter's confession that the Church is built upon? First you have to prove that.... that is was a confession and not upon Simon of Barjona, renamed Peter, in English Or in the Greek .... Stone, rock

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answering said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
    G4074
    Πέτρος
    Petros
    pet'-ros
    Apparently a primary word; a (piece of) rock (larger than G3037); as a name, Petrus, an apostle: - Peter, rock.( the corner stone)

G4073
    πέτρα
    petra
    pet'-ra
    Feminine of the same as G4074; a (mass of) rock (literally or figuratively): - rock. (the female, conotation hence the reason we call the the Church HER, and the WHOLE)

17. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Where? Which post was that Scripture presented in?

I've already given you Paul's statement in Romans and Peter's confession.

How does that make it relevent??

18. HypnoToad

+445
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    It doesn't matter whehter it's the confession or Peter.

It is this confession that leads into Jesus' statement. Now, would Jesus have really said what he did, if Peter's words still left him condemned?

19. Melethiel

Melethiel Miserere mei, Domine Supporter

+829
    Lutheran
    Married
    Hm. Okay then - I'm just trying to understand your view here. I've noticed that you say that the Father and the Spirit are the same entity. How does Christ fit into this equation?

20. Debi1967

+1,064
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    You mean after he is already an Apostle Already a Bishop and already Head of the Church? HUH? And you are saying this is what the whole of the Church is laid on when Christ said otherwise????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.