Belated Hag Samayakh Tu b'Shevat!

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Wednesday 2/8/12 Tu b'Shevat, Shevat 15, 5772.

I hope your day was a joyous one of remembering from Whose Hand we are fed and by Whose Breath we are revived each morning!
Barukh atah Adonai, Elohaynu, Melekh haOlam, boray pri haEtz!

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is that biblical, or traditional New Year?

I'm not sure, if I'm wrong someone will correct me. I think it is Biblical because this day was originally for figuring the age of the trees (the first 3 years, the fruit going to the Lord), so it had to do with taxes too. It has now progressed into Israel's national New Year of the Trees Day.
I'm sure there is probably lots more to the day, but this is about the extent of my knowledge of it.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
yedida said:
I'm not sure, if I'm wrong someone will correct me. I think it is Biblical because this day was originally for figuring the age of the trees (the first 3 years, the fruit going to the Lord), so it had to do with taxes too. It has now progressed into Israel's national New Year of the Trees Day.
I'm sure there is probably lots more to the day, but this is about the extent of my knowledge of it.

Pretty good :)
It is used to figure the age of trees because Israel is forbidden from eating the fruit of a tree for the first 3 years. Then a First fruits offering is given to HaShem. After that the tree may be harvested for food and profit, subject to the laws of tithing.

Upvote 0