Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So last year the wife and I bought an Audi A3. We paid in cash, because I had the cash available and financing is for chumps

Anyhoo, to mark the 1 year anniversary of buying an Audi my Audi dealer sent us a free wine tasting and lunch for 2 at a local winery, no strings attached.

This thread is for other well off members of this forum to post their stories of getting even more stuff on top of the stuff they just buy anyway.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's sometimes unfair that the rules require I address the post and not the poster...but the disgusting post speaks for itself anyway.

Well, the real reason for the post is to see if anyone can link up the obscure pop culture reference. I am however eager to hear what about said post is disgusting though.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I hope you and your wife are enjoying the purchase of your new Audi and that after all that wine tasting you managed to get a taxi home?

Good point. We haven't used the voucher yet. I did not notice the irony of a car company giving me a voucher that I cannot use my car for

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am however eager to hear what about said post is disgusting though.
You bought a petrol car - haven't you heard the world is endling the day after tomorrow because of people like you?

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You bought a petrol car - haven't you heard the world is endling the day after tomorrow because of people like you?

I have no children, and am old enough that I wont be around to suffer it.

Interestingly, the most anti-green absolute worst thing you can do for the environment is reproduce. I could fly around in a plane which never lands and get refuelled by other planes for the next 70 years and still be greener than the average couple with 2 kids.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Interestingly, the most anti-green absolute worst thing you can do for the environment is reproduce. I could fly around in a plane which never lands and get refuelled by other planes for the next 70 years and still be greener than the average couple with 2 kids.
Personally, I think environmental antinatalism utterly stupid and short-sighted. But then again, I have bred beyond the required limit for population increase, but luckily I can buy handy-dandy Indulgences from the Green lobby in the form of carbon offsets to atone my sins, while driving my diesel family cars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,688.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
So last year the wife and I bought an Audi A3. We paid in cash, because I had the cash available and financing is for chumps

Anyhoo, to mark the 1 year anniversary of buying an Audi my Audi dealer sent us a free wine tasting and lunch for 2 at a local winery, no strings attached.

This thread is for other well off members of this forum to post their stories of getting even more stuff on top of the stuff they just buy anyway.

Good for you,
I wonder if much of the problems today are not caused by, "Buy today pay tomorrow."

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Good for you,
I wonder if much of the problems today are not caused by, "Buy today pay tomorrow."

People are terrible at living within their means and saving today for a better tomorrow.

Right now I'm investing about $30,000 a year in to an ISA that will net me over a million by 50.

Beyond that I have other investments for cash flow and shorter term.

The amount of liabilities people take on is scary when they really can't afford to. Financing things is only making the situation worse.

Much better to put your money to work than buy something on finance you don't really need or could do with something cheaper until you're in a position to buy it outright.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lol so the answer is no more humans?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, the real reason for the post is to see if anyone can link up the obscure pop culture reference. I am however eager to hear what about said post is disgusting though.
Well maybe it's not, maybe I took it wrong. So what's the pop culture reference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,344.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Maybe Chesterton doesn't like Audi. Or wine tastings.

Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Audi dealer sent us a free wine tasting and lunch for 2 at a local winery, no strings attached.

you do know that's just the cost of keeping a customer, lol

we get "free" items without spending an audi's cost

our daughter is super polite
we don't eat out much but when we do, often gets "extras"
a server was so impressed by her politeness, he came back & gave her a huge stack of Andes mints

she complimented something at another restaurant & manager heard & brought her a free dessert

Last edited:
Upvote 0