Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
btw, I believe prophetic words need to be 100% but wonder why the expectation of 100% accurate prophectic words while others aren't expected to have 100% accuracy yield. In other words, that 100% standard isn't applied to the gifts of healing, working of miracles, discerning of spirits, interpretation of tongues, etc.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
btw, I believe prophetic words need to be 100% but wonder why the expectation of 100% accurate prophectic words while others aren't expected to have 100% accuracy yield. In other words, that 100% standard isn't applied to the gifts of healing, working of miracles, discerning of spirits, interpretation of tongues, etc.

Very profound!

I am of the opinion that I should neither attempt healing nor prophetic utterance unless under direct leading of the Holy Spirit.

After all Jesus said he did and said NOTHING apart from the Father revealing it to him. Shouldn't we have the same mindset? That would be the most surefire way to get 100% results.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note: I apologize if I repeat something someone else already said. I haven't had time to read all of the posts :)

Someone once told me that a word of prophecy should bare witness with something God has already spoken to you in your heart. Lets just say you get a prophecy about you going into the ministry and speaking in other countries. This word (for the most part) shouldn't be something new to you. It should confirm a feeling, or thought that God has been trying to speak/convey to you, but the only reason you haven't accepted it yet is because you were unsure if it was God or not. But there could be times where you are seeking an answer for something, and God sends someone your way to give you a word or prophecy, so that is why I say, "for the most part."

I have heard my fair share of prophecy's that never came to pass. This one major prophet came to our church and told us that China would take over the U.S in 2016 (Way back in 2002), and that American would become a third world country :( But what I find really crazy is that this prophet once said that 1/2 of the time, their phophecys are from God, and the other 1/2 of the time they miss it. Which is crazy to me because its either 100% God or not. The nerve of some people.
im inclined to agree in general that a true word from the lord bares witness to what the holy Spirit is already speaking to us about.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much for this. This was good information, especially about the shouting, because I have seen some strange things on YouTube, that only seems to glorify the evil one.
I will look in to all of this.

I've been struggling for months now actually, because at a moment of desperation and despair (abuse), I caved in and actually invited evil spirits into my life, by telling satan he could have me (I was basically suicidal at the time). It was an uphill struggle for a while, until that member attacked me, and it got worse, and it is now going well again, but I need more information about what to do. So that's why I asked. :)

I've actually learned how to rebuke them, and cast them out in Jesus' name, but doing this by myself isn't pretty, and I have so much emotional garbage from my childhood that needs to be sorted out. And I lack knowledge and wisdom.
And I feel God doesn't want the demons to leave until my rooms are all cleaned up, so they won't be able to come back inside.

I've been watching some Derek Prince, and some other sources, to learn. What do you think about him?

Prayers are much needed. Godbless!
Derek Prince was an excellent Bible teacher. I have read his biography and it is fascinating. If you can get hold of it you will gain a whole new respect for him as I did.

All you need to do to get yourself free is to totally renounce your action, ask God to forgive you, place yourself under the blood of Jesus, and then tell that demon there is no more garbage for it to feed on so "Get on your bike!" You have absolute authority in Christ. You don't need anyone to cast anything out of you. The scripture gives you the promise of your authority: Resist the devil and he will flee from you. You do this in faith, and then get on with your Christian life believing that you are totally free. That is faith. You don't have to feel anything because faith is not according to whether you feel bound or free. Faith is using the weapons that God has given you and then taking a position of freedom in Christ through faith. You already have the armour - the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of Christ's righteousness (not your own), the belt of God's truth in His Word, your feet firmly placed in the gospel, and you have the sword of the Spirit to back up your authority in Christ. Also you have the weapon of All-prayer, especially when you pray in tongues. The devil hates being faced with that weapon because he knows that it signals his utter defeat.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Note: I apologize if I repeat something someone else already said. I haven't had time to read all of the posts :)

Someone once told me that a word of prophecy should bare witness with something God has already spoken to you in your heart. Lets just say you get a prophecy about you going into the ministry and speaking in other countries. This word (for the most part) shouldn't be something new to you. It should confirm a feeling, or thought that God has been trying to speak/convey to you, but the only reason you haven't accepted it yet is because you were unsure if it was God or not. But there could be times where you are seeking an answer for something, and God sends someone your way to give you a word or prophecy, so that is why I say, "for the most part."

I have heard my fair share of prophecy's that never came to pass. This one major prophet came to our church and told us that China would take over the U.S in 2016 (Way back in 2002), and that American would become a third world country :( But what I find really crazy is that this prophet once said that 1/2 of the time, their phophecys are from God, and the other 1/2 of the time they miss it. Which is crazy to me because its either 100% God or not. The nerve of some people.
You are totally correct. Prophecy on its own is one of the least reliable indications for guidance. It must be a confirmation of what God has already told you in His Word, the advice of trusted mature advisors, circumstances, and the sense of absolute peace in your heart. When all these are in unity about what the prophecy has told you, you can add it to the indications that are already present.

Concerning that prophet's word. It is not of God at all. God does not say what Satan's intentions are for the world. That is why prophecies about earthquakes and disasters are not of God and unwary believers can suffer a divination attack from an associated demon which can make a train wreck of their faith, as so many have already suffered in our churches. Divination in terms of prophecy is the act of giving a prophecy thought up in the flesh instead of it coming from the Holy Spirit. It is a form of witchcraft and can open a believe who accepts such a word to demonic invasion. If you receive a word and you have the slightest doubt about it, reject it immediately and put yourself under the blood of Christ. When God speaks there is absolutely no doubt about it at all.

When God speaks, He announces His intention for a person, church or the world, and it is in line with Him giving a future and a hope and of strengthening that person's faith in Christ. Anything else is counterfeit and is just plain divination.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In all my time on this forum I don't think that I have even come across this particular sub-forum of Spiritual Gifts and for the life of me why would there be any need to discuss key Pentecostal and Charismatic matters outside of the Charismatic Forum. In my view, they should close down the oddly named 'Sign Gifts' forum as it is not even a term that is used within Full Gospel circles, in fact, I find the term 'Sign Gifts' to be essentially a throwback to cessationist thinking.

Are we to close down any discussion on the 9 Manifestations of the Spirit (1Cor 12:7-10) along with the 8 Congregational Offices (12:28), if so, then they may as well close down the Charismatic Forum altogether - it makes absolutely no sense to move key P/C issues away from the P/C forum.
The strength of the separate forum is for those outside of the Pentecostal and Charismatic to be able to have an input and to ask questions. There is a no-debate rider on the forum so that genuine enquiries are not quenched by argumentative folks.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have heard my fair share of prophecy's that never came to pass.

This can be quite true even if the prophecy is genuine, because a prophecy from God is dependent on the person going on with Christ in the way God wants him or her to. If that person gets out of the will of God for their life then the prophecy can fail because it is depending on the person following God's will. A prophecy fulfillment can be put on hold while a person is away from God's will, but can come back into effect one the person is restored to faith in Christ. This may account for the many prophecies that have never come to pass. These may not be the prophets' fault but rather the failure of the person receiving the prophecy to live the type of life that would enable the prophecy to be fulfilled.

Of course many prophecies don't come to pass because they never originated from God in the first place, as has already been stated.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Derek Prince was an excellent Bible teacher. I have read his biography and it is fascinating. If you can get hold of it you will gain a whole new respect for him as I did.

All you need to do to get yourself free is to totally renounce your action, ask God to forgive you, place yourself under the blood of Jesus, and then tell that demon there is no more garbage for it to feed on so "Get on your bike!" You have absolute authority in Christ. You don't need anyone to cast anything out of you. The scripture gives you the promise of your authority: Resist the devil and he will flee from you. You do this in faith, and then get on with your Christian life believing that you are totally free. That is faith. You don't have to feel anything because faith is not according to whether you feel bound or free. Faith is using the weapons that God has given you and then taking a position of freedom in Christ through faith. You already have the armour - the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of Christ's righteousness (not your own), the belt of God's truth in His Word, your feet firmly placed in the gospel, and you have the sword of the Spirit to back up your authority in Christ. Also you have the weapon of All-prayer, especially when you pray in tongues. The devil hates being faced with that weapon because he knows that it signals his utter defeat.
Thank you. :) I bought two of his books about spiritual warfare, but I will see if I can get a hold of his biography as well. I love listening to his sermons on YouTube.

Actually, yeah, that's what I've been doing. Relying on my faith, and my authority, and the blood of Jesus (basically what Derek Prince talks about). Except when that member attacked me, I lost faith in what God had taught me, and gave over lots of places in me to the enemy, and it was a losing battle for a while. Right now, my faith is getting stronger, but I do have lots of garbage that they are holding on to. Not a lot of sins, but emotional trauma. God is bringing it all into light and healing me, and I believe this attack will be over soon, because I'm dealing with deep, deep issues in my heart.
I have to correct you though on one point. The Bible does say we should cast out demons in His name, and thinking in those terms helps me a lot, because they do get expelled from the body. But I usually do what Paul did and command them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. And they come right out, unless something is holding them back, and then God helps me question them, or tells me Himself what it is.
God is so very good to me. He is fighting for me, and He lets me know it. :)

I feel I have to learn how to wear the armor though. I lack knowledge and my fear tends to overcome my faith, but God is taking care of that. One step at a time, He says. No rushing ahead before Him. :) because that gets me in trouble.

What did you mean by: "You don't have to feel anything because faith is not according to whether you feel bound or free."

It coincides with something that God just spoke to me a while ago, and a problem I'm struggling with, but I'm not fully grasping it. My thinking is not entirely clear at the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This can be quite true even if the prophecy is genuine, because a prophecy from God is dependent on the person going on with Christ in the way God wants him or her to. If that person gets out of the will of God for their life then the prophecy can fail because it is depending on the person following God's will. A prophecy fulfillment can be put on hold while a person is away from God's will, but can come back into effect one the person is restored to faith in Christ. This may account for the many prophecies that have never come to pass. These may not be the prophets' fault but rather the failure of the person receiving the prophecy to live the type of life that would enable the prophecy to be fulfilled.

Of course many prophecies don't come to pass because they never originated from God in the first place, as has already been stated.

I agree with you 100% on this. I'll tell on myself, but I was given a word/prophecy that I would meet 3 men that would help start/support my ministry. About a 1 1/2 or 2 years later, God give me another word telling me that I will no longer going to meet those men, but that my ministry is now going to start from home and build from there. Now the reason why my future changed was because I stopped doing what God asked of me to do, and that was finish Bible College. I started falling back into old habits and kept pushing school aside, until I eventually messed with God's perfect timing. He told me that I was suppose to meet those people while I was at school, but because I wasn't in school anymore, there was no way for me to meet those people. I'm still on my path, but unfortunately it's going to take a little longer to get where I'm going now because of what I did. So it goes to show that we can stop a prophecy of ours from coming to pass.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you 100% on this. I'll tell on myself, but I was given a word/prophecy that I would meet 3 men that would help start/support my ministry. About a 1 1/2 or 2 years later, God give me another word telling me that I will no longer going to meet those men, but that my ministry is now going to start from home and build from there. Now the reason why my future changed was because I stopped doing what God asked of me to do, and that was finish Bible College. I started falling back into old habits and kept pushing school aside, until I eventually messed with God's perfect timing. He told me that I was suppose to meet those people while I was at school, but because I wasn't in school anymore, there was no way for me to meet those people. I'm still on my path, but unfortunately it's going to take a little longer to get where I'm going now because of what I did. So it goes to show that we can stop a prophecy of ours from coming to pass.
I don't think that's possible. God cannot tell a lie, so that can not have come from Him. What He speaks, will come to pass, or it's not from Him. The Bible is clear on this. This is how we test the spirits.
He would not have said something would happen, unless it would happen. He is not a God of maybes.

• Agree
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Actually, yeah, that's what I've been doing. Relying on my faith, and my authority, and the blood of Jesus (basically what Derek Prince talks about). Except when that member attacked me, I lost faith in what God had taught me, and gave over lots of places in me to the enemy, and it was a losing battle for a while.

What that member did to you was to lay a curse on you. Once you renounce the curse brought on by his words, then freedom will come. There are third-world cultures that have witch doctors put a death wish curse on a person and that person just wastes away and dies. There is one where the witch doctor points the bone at the person and the curse has the same effect. It is all based in words. If the person believes the words of the curse even just for a moment, the curse takes hold and the person goes into bondage. But renouncing the words of the curse and transferring your faith from the words of the curse to the Words of Christ, Jesus sets you free and then you have the power to stand fast in the freedom that Christ has made you free and you won't be entangled again in the yoke of bondage.

I have to correct you though on one point. The Bible does say we should cast out demons in His name, and thinking in those terms helps me a lot, because they do get expelled from the body. But I usually do what Paul did and command them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. And they come right out, unless something is holding them back, and then God helps me question them, or tells me Himself what it is.
God is so very good to me. He is fighting for me, and He lets me know it. :)

The point I was making was not that demons should not be cast out, that that you don't need anyone else to cast them out of you. You can cast them out of yourself, because you have the authority. You don't have to depend on the authority of someone else to do what you can do yourself.

I feel I have to learn how to wear the armor though. I lack knowledge and my fear tends to overcome my faith, but God is taking care of that. One step at a time, He says. No rushing ahead before Him. :) because that gets me in trouble.

You don't have to learn to wear the armour. You have the armour and are wearing it. What you need to learn is how effective that armour is so that your faith is strengthened in what you have already. There is an excellent book by William Gurnall, written in the late 17th Century, called A Christian In Complete Armour. If you can't get hold of a hard copy, it can be downloaded if you google it. It won't take you long to get around the Elizabethan language. It is not Shakespeare. Gurnall's writing is clear and simple. I have had my copy for over 30 years and I have not read it through completely yet. It is a massive volume but what I have read has greatly strengthen my faith in Christ and given me a very solid foundation in the faith.

What did you mean by: "You don't have to feel anything because faith is not according to whether you feel bound or free."
What I meant is that we go on in faith and not by feelings. You may feel bound and still struggling, but by faith you can declare yourself free and then live in the Lord having faith in Him that you are actually free and not bound. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, the assurance of things hoped for. You may not see your freedom in your senses, but your faith tells you that you are free in Christ.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that's possible. God cannot tell a lie, so that can not have come from Him. What He speaks, will come to pass, or it's not from Him. The Bible is clear on this. This is how we test the spirits.
He would not have said something would happen, unless it would happen. He is not a God of maybes.
It is not that God has told a lie. The prophecy given was conditional on a set of circumstances that needed to stay in place for the prophecy to be fulfilled. Note the prophecy given to Jonah about Nineveh. Was God lying in that prophecy? No. He intended to bring destruction upon that city in view of the circumstances that existed when the prophecy was given. However, circumstances changed when the people of Nineveh repented, so God suspended the prophecy. Of course, later in its history, in a future generation, the prophecy actually came to pass and Nineveh was destroyed. Also with Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham nearly talked God out of destroying those cities. He beat God down to just 10 righteous men in the city would save it, but there was only one, so Abraham did not succeed; but it shows that where there is a change of conditions, the nature of a prophecy can change. Take King Saul, it was prophesied that he would have a strong kingdom, but Saul disobeyed, so God changed His mind about him and appointed David instead. God also told Eli the chief priest that his priesthood would remain for many generations, but Eli allowed his sons to corrupt the priesthood, so God changed his mind and the prophecy concerning him failed, and Samuel was appointed instead. The nation of Israel were given the promise of going into the Promised Land, but disobedience caused that whole generation to die off and it was the next generation that actually got there.

Now in all these promises and prophecies that were given - to Jonah, Saul, Eli, the children of Israel, was God lying when He gave those prophecies, or did circumstances change preventing the prophecies to be fulfilled? It is the same with us. We can be walking with the Lord in a particular way and receive a prophecy about a future ministry or calling in Christ, but if we do something to change the circumstances that would make the fulfillment of the prophecy possible, the prophecy has to fail; not because God was lying in the first place, or that the prophecy was false, but we have walked away from the path where God is leading us. Therefore, there has to be a "route recalculation" and maybe, because God is a God of second chances, a new prophecy to give renewed hope and faith that God can still have a calling and ministry for us.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What that member did to you was to lay a curse on you. Once you renounce the curse brought on by his words, then freedom will come. There are third-world cultures that have witch doctors put a death wish curse on a person and that person just wastes away and dies. There is one where the witch doctor points the bone at the person and the curse has the same effect. It is all based in words. If the person believes the words of the curse even just for a moment, the curse takes hold and the person goes into bondage. But renouncing the words of the curse and transferring your faith from the words of the curse to the Words of Christ, Jesus sets you free and then you have the power to stand fast in the freedom that Christ has made you free and you won't be entangled again in the yoke of bondage.
Thanks. I did that earlier, and I felt it lift. I feel free again from all my doubts, and I was actually able to cast out one of them without the slightest struggle just an hour ago.

The point I was making was not that demons should not be cast out, that that you don't need anyone else to cast them out of you. You can cast them out of yourself, because you have the authority. You don't have to depend on the authority of someone else to do what you can do yourself.
I apologize. I am so used to people attacking my faith, I think my mind reacted to that instead of your actual intentions. And I agree. Because God did not let me seek out another person, but has been clear He wanted me to learn how to do this "by myself" (in His power, I think you know what I mean). And I believe every believer should be able to, as the Word says. Although I'm not sure everyone is able to mentally and emotionally. It has been really difficult for me at times.

You don't have to learn to wear the armour. You have the armour and are wearing it. What you need to learn is how effective that armour is so that your faith is strengthened in what you have already. There is an excellent book by William Gurnall, written in the late 17th Century, called A Christian In Complete Armour. If you can't get hold of a hard copy, it can be downloaded if you google it. It won't take you long to get around the Elizabethan language. It is not Shakespeare. Gurnall's writing is clear and simple. I have had my copy for over 30 years and I have not read it through completely yet. It is a massive volume but what I have read has greatly strengthen my faith in Christ and given me a very solid foundation in the faith.
Thanks, I'm gonna try and find it. Sounds interesting, and I hope I will be able to understand it.

What I meant is that we go on in faith and not by feelings. You may feel bound and still struggling, but by faith you can declare yourself free and then live in the Lord having faith in Him that you are actually free and not bound. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, the assurance of things hoped for. You may not see your freedom in your senses, but your faith tells you that you are free in Christ.
Thank you. I believe this will help me. I've been feeling so condemned lately, because people have been attacking me, and the evil spirits have been filling me with vicious lies, so I have been doubting, but I know my Lord, and I'm gonna stay in the faith. No more bondage, I need to move forward.

Thank you very much for speaking to me. It has enlightened me and strengthened my faith, and I'm free from that wicked curse that was holding me. Godbless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not that God has told a lie. The prophecy given was conditional on a set of circumstances that needed to stay in place for the prophecy to be fulfilled. Note the prophecy given to Jonah about Nineveh. Was God lying in that prophecy? No. He intended to bring destruction upon that city in view of the circumstances that existed when the prophecy was given. However, circumstances changed when the people of Nineveh repented, so God suspended the prophecy. Of course, later in its history, in a future generation, the prophecy actually came to pass and Nineveh was destroyed. Also with Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham nearly talked God out of destroying those cities. He beat God down to just 10 righteous men in the city would save it, but there was only one, so Abraham did not succeed; but it shows that where there is a change of conditions, the nature of a prophecy can change. Take King Saul, it was prophesied that he would have a strong kingdom, but Saul disobeyed, so God changed His mind about him and appointed David instead. God also told Eli the chief priest that his priesthood would remain for many generations, but Eli allowed his sons to corrupt the priesthood, so God changed his mind and the prophecy concerning him failed, and Samuel was appointed instead. The nation of Israel were given the promise of going into the Promised Land, but disobedience caused that whole generation to die off and it was the next generation that actually got there.

Now in all these promises and prophecies that were given - to Jonah, Saul, Eli, the children of Israel, was God lying when He gave those prophecies, or did circumstances change preventing the prophecies to be fulfilled? It is the same with us. We can be walking with the Lord in a particular way and receive a prophecy about a future ministry or calling in Christ, but if we do something to change the circumstances that would make the fulfillment of the prophecy possible, the prophecy has to fail; not because God was lying in the first place, or that the prophecy was false, but we have walked away from the path where God is leading us. Therefore, there has to be a "route recalculation" and maybe, because God is a God of second chances, a new prophecy to give renewed hope and faith that God can still have a calling and ministry for us.

Great response, and thank for answering that question :)

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Thanks. This made me think. :) I have to study Scripture to see how the Lord gave these prophecies in order to understand. Were there conditions in the original promises that needed to be fulfilled?
Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that God doesn't change His mind?
These questions are half-rhetorical, so you don't have to answer them. I'm just thinking out loud. :) I'm gonna have to ask the Lord about this so He can open my eyes.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I believe this will help me. I've been feeling so condemned lately, because people have been attacking me, and the evil spirits have been filling me with vicious lies, so I have been doubting,

Every time the devil has laid a condemnation bomb on me, I have quoted the scripture, "There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus" right back at him. It is amazing how the condemnation goes away. My first wife deserted me in 1980, and I went through seven years of storm and stress until God found me a new partner and gave me a new family. Every now and again I get a condemnation bomb about being divorced and remarried, especially when I read posts of CF about it from legalistic folks. I use the scripture, "All sin and iniquity shall be forgiven of men", and "Who shall lay any charge to God's elect? It is God who justifies, and Christ who died for us." That way I can shake off the curse of condemnation and criticism and establish my faith in Christ that I can come boldly to God's throne of grace to find mercy and grace to help in time of need. The big problem I had to face was not my divorce and remarriage. The Lord put that to rest very quickly, but what He challenged me about was getting to the point where I could genuinely forgive my ex-wife. It took me seven years to achieve that, and I did it by praying that Jesus will remain real to her and that her salvation will be preserved. It's amazing when you pray prayers like that, forgiveness comes, anger goes away, and issues are laid to rest in Christ.

Thank you very much for speaking to me. It has enlightened me and strengthened my faith, and I'm free from that wicked curse that was holding me. God bless!

Thanks for that. I am very encouraged by your response.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. This made me think. :) I have to study Scripture to see how the Lord gave these prophecies in order to understand. Were there conditions in the original promises that needed to be fulfilled?
Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that God doesn't change His mind?
These questions are half-rhetorical, so you don't have to answer them. I'm just thinking out loud. :) I'm gonna have to ask the Lord about this so He can open my eyes.
There are some immutible principles that God will never change His mind over. These are the ones where God has sworn by Himself that what He has put in place for our salvation will never been taken back. He has also said that the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. These are not dependent on changing circumstances, but dependent on God's faithfulness and the solid foundation of His plan for our salvation. When Jesus said that there is a mansion prepared for us in glory, that will never change, and Jesus said that if it were not so, He would have told us.

But prophetic words that depend on our obedience to God don't have that immovable foundation. It is not that God has changed His mind about us. It is that we have changed our mind about Him. I can say to you, let's meet at the coffee shop for fellowship and coffee at 11am tomorrow. We make that arrangement. Neither of us are lying about that. We are fully intending to be there. But on the way, my car breaks down and I can't make it, so I text you and say what has happened and I can't make the appointment. You see, circumstances have changed, so the original promise cannot be fulfilled. Again, you and I have entered into a house sale. I have agreed to buy your house for a certain price. Now, my circumstances can change all they like, but it will not stop the contract being made because the contract is not dependent on yours or my circumstances. That is the difference.

Upvote 0