Dec 16, 2011
East End of London.
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Wonder if anyone else experiences this and can give their input as to how they have handled it?

I had some things happen in my Family which sent me off track really as a Christian and I spent 7 years away from the church. Not out of Resentment to my church, just ; something had to " give " in my life and that was it. I made some attempts to find a new place once my Husband left our Church but with years of not reading God's Word or Fellowshipping I couldn't seem to settle . Eventually my Husband found a place and I had to dealt with attitudes I had and attended with him after 4 years. I had been dreading it but it went very well.

The upside of being away from Church, not God though, was that I looked at my Church life as an outsider and was able to shed maybe a few illusions I had been entertaining about The Christian Walk. Noticing how badly a Minister was treated, how unhappy some people were Also lately I have been reviewing my early years as a Christian and feel I need to have a Spring Clean as many of the sources I listened to and books I read and Ministries I sought to listen to were of a kind I don't want in my life now.I used to hear some people say " They are Heresy" and just thought they were merely jealous of the Ministers and couldn't summon the Faith to follow the teachings.Also one thing struck me and has stayed in my memory: I overheard two Mormons tallking and one said to the other " Oh the Spirit really moved last night didn't He/it ?( can't remember) I thought, " but you are a cult surely you can't experience an annointing and release? " I thought " they genuinly believe they had a fulness of God's presence "and how often then have I witnessed things which we all thought were signs of God but were actually not? I know God will lead me of course, but it's a funny feeling to go back to basics when I've known God for many many years.I can't make myself a newbie in the Kingdom again I am not. I want to show respect to God for His Gifts and the moving of the Holy Spirit but feel I have heard rather unhelpful things about the Spirits' leading and want to walk carefully. I really want God's power to be part of my future though.