Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK, so now I kind of get why you don't like it and you don't want to be referred to as pro-abortion.

I have to say though this whole thing feels like a red herring, since in the vast majority of cases the women involved actually do have a choice about whether or not to have sex. If you have the ability to choose not to have sex, why do you need the choice to terminate a pregnancy?

And then you say, but what about the ridiculously tiny fraction of pregnancies that result from rape or incest? and then I say but why should the baby have to pay a price for the actions of others?

Do you have national statistics to back up your claim that rape-related abortions are very rare? When the mother was impregnanted by rape, incest, or sexual assault, that was 100% the father's choice, not hers. Rape is defined as a male having sex with a female who tells him no. Right or wrong, I understand why a raped female would want to abort her pregnancy. In that case, she had the ability to choose, but not the ability to avoid it. You should too. I can't convince you abortion is the right decision for raped females but you can learn to sympathize with them in their horrible situations that can result in choosing abortions.

I'm sorry...I really don't mean to be a jerk. I promise I'm not mad at you. I respect you really. I'm sorry if that isn't coming across like it should.[/QUOTE]

You are not a jerk. I have Asperger's syndrome, which puts me at a higher risk of misunderstandings and being too negative.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God gives us free will. That is in the Scripture. So it is still the pregnant woman's choice.
So if the pregnant woman decides in her free will to shoot the next person in line at the checkout at the grocery store,
then it is somehow okay ? Because she has free will ? NO!

Oh, she can do whatever she chooses to do, yes. But disobedience is still punished.
Same with EVERYONE ELSE ALSO. Pregnant or not.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Specifically how? You cannot make a statement such as that without providing evidence. I've never called anyone a murderer, never said that they were pro-something when they were not. Examples please.
Oh, so you think you have never been impolite in an abortion thread? Never? I’m not particularly interested in scrolling back through topics to throw in your face where you’ve been impolite.

But if you somehow think that you’ve never been impolite yourself, then thank you for the good laugh today.

I certainly am not above admitting that I’m not always the most polite.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.