Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The "choice" people have is whether to accept God's choice or not. Since most people on earth reject God's choice, what difference can anything in this forum make ?

p.s. Jesus is not polite. Thus, those who follow Jesus are not polite either. That is a human/ fleshly attribute not found throughout Scripture, nor required for God's Plan or Purpose anywhere.

Except Jesus said "by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye love one another." Where is the love if you are calling fellow Christians murderers?

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok so I get why you don't like the pro-murder moniker. It's pretty nasty. What's wrong with pro abortion?

Already answered by ChristianforCats.

Oh I think I see. You are parsing the meaning to focus on the woman's ability/opportunity to choose whether or not to have an abortion, right? The choice part is more important than the abortion part? is that it?

It is her body. I personally hope and pray that women will choose to carry a fetus to term unless their life is at risk or they are a rape victim, but the final choice has to rest with the pregnant woman.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
p.s. Jesus is not polite. Thus, those who follow Jesus are not polite either. That is a human/ fleshly attribute not found throughout Scripture,

Jesus is not the opposite of polite either....neither are those that follow Him....... Both are human qualities not found in scripture.

We are told to follow peace with all men.....Holiness without no man shall see the lord.

It is our human choice to follow this command.......those filled with the spirit have no choice.....for peace is a fruit that falls from his tree......And a good tree cannot bare bad fruit....

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus is not the opposite of polite either....neither are those that follow Him....... Both are human qualities not found in scripture.
The 'qualities' of Ekklesia are not those of society.

The qualities of Ekklesia are identified very specifically and frequently in Scripture.

It is a total change of life (to be born again, to live God's Life, in union daily with Him).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Except Jesus said "by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye love one another." Where is the love if you are calling fellow Christians murderers?
Ask God.
It is His description, HIS CHOICE, not ours.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I see--it is God's choice for you to call people murderers.
Matthew 5:21-22 New International Version (NIV)
Murder
21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,a]">[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sisterb]">[b]c]">[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’d]">[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Isaiah 1:21
See how the faithful city has become a prostitute! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her— but now murderers!

Matthew 22:7
The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

1 Timothy 1:9
We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Matthew 5:21-22 New International Version (NIV)
Murder
21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,a]">[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sisterb]">[b]c]">[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’d]">[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Isaiah 1:21
See how the faithful city has become a prostitute! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her— but now murderers!

Matthew 22:7
The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

1 Timothy 1:9
We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

OK, which of those addresses abortion specifically? Please point them out.

And remember, I've already said that most people I've seen on CF who are pro-choice are personally opposed to abortion, we just think that the choice should remain with the pregnant woman. How is that pro-murder? Pro means "in affirmation ." I don't know of anyone who is in favor of murder.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't know of anyone who is in favor of murder.
Any service men or women ? Any politicians in favor of war ? Anyone in favor of anything under the power of pharmakeia ? (death dealing society) ?
etc etc etc .....
Might not be leaglly called murder.... but then they might not get away with it , huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Subject to testing in line with all Scripture. Might not be so.
By God's Spirit, not so. (also tested by Scripture to verify)

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In fact, as I said, I’m personally opposed to abortion. I simply believe that the choice must remain with the pregnant woman. How does that make me pro-murder or pro-abortion?
Imagine if I said that I'm personally opposed to rape, but that I simply believe that the choice must remain with the man as to what he does with his own body. How does that make me pro-rape or pro-incest? It seems pretty obvious to me. We have laws against murder and rape for a reason. You don't advocate taking those away, except in this one particular kind of situation, but if you had advocated the legalization of all murder, then we should assume that you meant to enable the behavior in the same way that the legalization of marijuana has enabled that drug's use.

You say that you're opposed to abortion, but what have you really done to oppose it?

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Any service men or women ? Any politicians in favor of war ? Anyone in favor of anything under the power of pharmakeia ? (death dealing society) ?
etc etc etc .....
Might not be leaglly called murder.... but then they might not get away with it , huh?

Actually the servicemen and women I know hate war. An most of the politicians who favor war are also opposed to abortion. Interesting.

Are you pro-democracy? Does that make you pro-Nazi? After all, voters could vote Nazi.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Imagine if I said that I'm personally opposed to rape, but that I simply believe that the choice must remain with the man as to what he does with his own body. How does that make me pro-rape or pro-incest? It seems pretty obvious to me. We have laws against murder and rape for a reason. You don't advocate taking those away, except in this one particular kind of situation, but if you had advocated the legalization of all murder, then we should assume that you meant to enable the behavior in the same way that the legalization of marijuana has enabled that drug's use.

Except in the US a women who has been born in the US is a citizen thereof and is thereby protected from rape by law. A fetus is not a citizen.

You say that you're opposed to abortion, but what have you really done to oppose it?

Did you read the OP?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that abortion is an emotional topic. However, why do some who post in threads discussing abortion apparently lack the ability to remain polite?

Those who favor abortion rights are pro-choice. That means that they believe that the pregnant woman should have the right to choose whether to abort or to carry the fetus to term. That doesn't make them pro-murder, nor does it make them pro-abortion. In fact many pro-choice posters on here are personally opposed to abortion, and would not have an abortion except to save their own life or in the event of rape or incest. I'm pro-choice because I believe taht the choice must remain with the pregnant woman, but I also give financial support to a crisis pregnancy center that counsels against abortion and helps women get support after their babies are born.

If posting in this thread, please remain polite or I will ask the mods to shut it down.

Many tribal customs have included infanticide that included burying alive, drowning, or otherwise disposing of unwanted children. Sometimes the elderly who can no longer hunt or care for themselves and have no family to do so are driven out to die of starvation and/or cold, and this is considered to be as it should be. Many ancient peoples, including many American Indians slaughtered their rivals or enemies, old, young, male, female, at will with no pangs of conscience whatsoever. Ancient Rome had no qualms using the most painful torture or other horrible, terrible means to dispatch those deemed to be criminals or enemies or unacceptable to Rome. World history is full of the worst of man's inhumanity to man none of which was considered murder by the cultures doing it.

So now we arrive at our current culture of abortion, a relatively recent thing in human evolution. And those dealing with the morality of that have to decide whether it is similar to other cultures who have had no moral qualms when they did away with those they didn't care about or were unwanted in their societies.

Some don't have a problem with hundreds of thousands of unborn babies intentionally killed every year whether or not they are healthy babies of healthy mothers.

And there are those who look at the deadly practices of other cultures with horror and honestly see no difference between that and the killing of hundreds of thousands of unborn babies every year in America alone.

And some, maybe most, try not to think about it at all because there is no easy or right or wrong answer for every situation.

But I agree that we will come to an understanding or the most humane policy by honest and civil discussion. We won't as long as there is incivility, name calling, and militant hatefulness from either side.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"judge righteously" (God's Judgment, not your own)
I'm glad you think you are so righteous.

Mods, please close this thread. It is sad that some people cannot be polite, even in a thread discussing that topic.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm glad you think you are so righteous.

Mods, please close this thread. It is sad that some people cannot be polite, even in a thread discussing that topic.
That's not my word. You're not polite deviating from God's Word.
John 7:24 Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging ...

https://biblehub.com/john/7-24.htm

And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the ...

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
However, why do some who post in threads discussing abortion apparently lack the ability to remain polite?
As you yourself have been extremely impolite in abortion threads, perhaps you could share a little bit about what drives you to be impolite?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As you yourself have been extremely impolite in abortion threads, perhaps you could share a little bit about what drives you to be impolite?

Specifically how? You cannot make a statement such as that without providing evidence. I've never called anyone a murderer, never said that they were pro-something when they were not. Examples please.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.